- As low as $432/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- BBQ grill(s)
- Beach access
- Concierge services
- DVD player
- Fitness center access
- Horse riding
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In-room accessibility
- Indoor pool
- Jet skiing
- Music library
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Separate living room
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Surfing/body boarding
- Video library
- Water sports equipment
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Hotel resort
- Approximately 1275 square feet
Located on the fashionable shores of Hilton Head Island, Marriott's SurfWatch is a masterpiece of oceanside style along South Carolina's East Coast. Our cavernous 2- and 3-bedroom villa units feature separate living and dining areas, a entirely equipped kitchen, master bedroom and bath with a deluxe multi head shower, washer and dryer, and balcony. Capturing the essence of the surrounding nature, spectacular footbridges lead you throughout our vacation ownership resort, to a spectacular oceanfront pool and the beach along the Atlantic. There are two other heated saltwater pools as well as a seasonal oceanfront pool bar and The Marketplace Express for snacks, cold drinks, and more. Stay active at our exercise center, plus appreciate shuffleboard, gas grilles, a fire pit with picnic tables, and a kids activity center. These extraordinary amenities are at your fingertips here at Marriott's SurfWatch. Plan your Hilton Head Island escape today.
KOALA Disclosure- Please read
All units and amenities are resort owned and operated. All units will be assigned upon check-in. Room photos are only samples, the arrangement of furnishings and view of the balcony may vary depending on availability. Property maintenance is overseen and controlled by the resort, therefore any issues regarding property maintenance or unit upkeep fall within their responsibility to rectify. Additionally, the resort retains the right to alter or close the amenities in accordance to COVID-19 restrictions, construction projects, or any other ongoing issues. KOALA does not hold responsibility or maintain control over resort units, their location or quality, or resort amenities.
Please ensure to verify the cancellation policy on this listing before booking. KOALA represents individual timeshare owners who offer their reservations for rent at discounted prices and set their cancellation policies based on their own exposure or risk to financial loss. Therefore, once the cancellation deadline has passed, we cannot offer a refund in full or in part for any reason including (but not limited to) Covid related issues, (other than full resort closures), natural disasters, flight issues or delays or personal change of plans.
Guests are required to provide the name and address on the photo ID of the ONE individual that will be handling the check in process. This information must be supplied at the time of booking in order for the reservation to be finalized. Please refer to the listing minimum age requirement to ensure you meet check-in eligibility age.
Guest must be 21 years or older to check in at the resort.
IMPORTANT: Our payment will show on your statement as KOALA VACATIONS-not Vacation Rental By Owner.
About the Area
Located in Hilton Head Island, this resort is near the beach. Adventure Cove and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit The Village at Wexford and Coligny Plaza. Coastal Discovery Museum and Hilton Head Zipline are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and kayaking nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with horse riding and cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the very best vacation property experience:
Sticking to a rental budget:
- Summer months are high season in Hilton Head. Book your rental property in Fall or Spring to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities.
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Property management companies sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Property management companies usually offer renters an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Often, management companies supply Hilton Head area visitor guides that include special offers, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Choose a designated group leader, choose your vacation dates, and select a budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Seaside Resort! Marriott's SurfWatch 2 BR Garden View has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is usually accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, email or call the host before you reserve your home. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms. You'll need to establish what bed configuration is right for your group.
- If there's a specific Hilton Head attraction you long to visit, search for homes that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental
- If your family is vacationing with pets, filter your search for a pet-friendly property. Request specifics on breed, size, and type requirements. Usually, property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
More tips for your visit:
- Store the owner's information in your smartphone.
- To make sure damages are not linked to your family's stay, make a record of any problem areas when you arrive. Call the host right away to document any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be useful.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental while you are out and about. Keep your property safe!
- On check-out day, take a final walk-through to make sure you did not forget any personal items. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property a final time and look for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the property manager isn't available, take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property managers rely on good feedback to compel new bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will will be grateful for your experience find their best vacation home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Driessen Beach Park - 0.3 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 0.6 miles
- Fort Howell - 2.6 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 2.8 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 2.8 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.2 miles
- Coligny Beach Park - 4.8 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 2.0 miles