- As low as $814/Week
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Barbecue grill
- BBQ grill(s)
- Beach access
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Heated pool
- Heated pool
- Hiking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing
- Marina nearby
- Motor boating
- Near a hospital
- Near a zoo
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Outlet shopping
- Private pool
- Scuba diving
- Scuba diving nearby
- Separate dining area
- Sleeps 12
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Sofa bed
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 3114 sq ft (289 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing
- Water skiing nearby
- Water tubing
- Water tubing nearby
- Wildlife and game walks
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
- Winery tours
- Winery tours nearby
About this PropertyPort Tack 24
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
Port Tack 24 is a beautiful four-bedroom, four-bath home ideally located in Palmetto Dunes, just a five to seven-min. walk to the beach. As you enter the home, you will be amazed at the cavernous living room and the phenomenal view overlooking the enormous pool (which can be heated for an additional cost) to the lagoon and dock. There is a flatscreen TV in the living room. The updated, entirely equipped kitchen is to the right and has a sizable counter and a convenient breakfast table. Off the kitchen and the living room is the dining room with another pretty view to the pool and lagoon. A additional is the Carolina Room with a flatscreen TV, a wine cooler, an ice maker a table and chairs, and a couch.
The main bedroom has a king-size bed, flatscreen TV, a private bath and shares a view to the pool. The second main has a king-size bed, private bath, and a flatscreen TV. The third bedroom is in the center of the hall and has two queen size beds and a flatscreen TV. Its full-size bath is just outside the bedroom door. There is a huge laundry room with a washer and dryer. The fourth bedroom is a suite over the garage with a separate entrance. It consists of two rooms and has a king-size bed and a sleeper couch. There is a short covered walkway to the home. It is ideal for the in-laws or any guests who want some privacy! This home has a gas grille, WiFi and cable TV.
Palmetto Dunes has miles of gorgeous beaches and a convenient shuttle on-demand to take you to stores, eateries, entertainment, golf, tennis, and the beach! In season (April - September) take the complimentary on-demand shuttle service within Palmetto Dunes to the beach, Shelter Cove Harbour, and other areas within the resort. This property features a keyless entry system which makes check-in and check-out a breeze.
THINGS TO KNOW
This home has a private dock that has access to the lagoon where you can launch rented kayaks and canoes. Also has an additional suite with a separate entrance. Please read our important pool heat information to help you have the best vacation possible.
This property has a pool that can be heated between Labor Day and Memorial Day for an additional fee. At least seven-day notice must be given for heat to be turned on. If the outside temperature is colder than 55 degrees, the pool may not be able to maintain a warmer temperature. If the pool does not reach your desired temperature but is still warming, refunds will not be given. Please note there is a 5-day minimum to heat the pool.
Parking notes: Extensive private driveway with ample parking
This rental is located on floor 1.
5 days notification is required in order to heat the pool. A fee of USD152 per day must be paid prior to check-in. Guests can contact Vacasa after booking to purchase pool heat for your stay.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.)
The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many official tourism bureaus will send you printed travel guides with special deals for property management companies, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you might travel? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you incredible rates on rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be eligible for price reductions. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a markdown.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific types of travellers. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to nightlife. You'll receive the best value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests the option to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed due to personal health related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out how many rental properties are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The majority of rentals in Hilton Head are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and expertise to provide trouble-free operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Here are some tips and tactics to help you understand the rental home search and booking process.
Where to find and book the best vacation home:
Before you book "Lovely Two-Story Home w/Free WiFi, Gas Grill, W/D, & Private Heated Pool", examine our short checklist of things to consider.
Search Early and Often
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Hilton Head the best vacation rentals are booked very early. To guarantee the best choice of properties, we recommend searching and booking your Hilton Head rental home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Many households choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Settle on your Town and Travel Week
Agreement can be tough among family members, but as soon as this complicated part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
Choose a Size
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Bear in mind that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property owner before you book.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Does the chosen rental property fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If a few groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Typically, just one person in the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and collecting each person's share.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Is a screened deck a necessity? Will the property need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or close to wildlife? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental rate? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Often times the elder generation has trouble with stairs. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure to include your furry family members. While quite a few vacation homes allow furry friends, rules and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Read your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Start the Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Hilton Head local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local companies typically have an exclusive assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Entire Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard charge, guests must pay state taxes when booking "Lovely Two-Story Home w/Free WiFi, Gas Grill, W/D, & Private Heated Pool", in addition to various other fees which might be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you must Cancel
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a result of personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. If you discover wear and tear, or if repairs are needed get in touch with the rental manager immediately. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be helpful.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Residents most likely live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a little. Although you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The rental really needs to be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, surplus beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be remedied prior to leaving.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to give feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your praise. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you may want to note that in your comments.
Learn and Improve
Did everyone have a good time? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. Maybe the rental property wasn't perfect, and you'll better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- Driessen Beach Park - 1.4 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 1.8 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 2.6 miles
- Coligny Beach Park - 3.6 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.7 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 3.9 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.4 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.0 miles