- As low as $335/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wheelchair accessible
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
Hilton Head Island is a great place to vacation year round with tons of things to do. If you plan your vacation to relax and not be on the go all the time, you will appreciate the accommodations and amenities Royal Dunes offers to owners and guests. The resort is located just a short walk from the beach, and features two pools, a playground, shuffleboard, picnic area, and grilling area.
Royal Dunes Resort offers roomy, chic three bedroom/three bath villas in the oceanfront community of Port Royal. Each villa features two extravagant master bedrooms with king beds and private bathrooms. The guest bedroom has two twin beds, the living room has a sleeper couch and the guest bathroom is in the hall. Each villa also features a entirely-furnished kitchen and a private balcony. The villas will comfortably accommodate up to eight guests.
Villa amenities include:
Washer and dryer
Four T.V.s (one in living room and one in each bedroom)
Royal Dunes has three picnic areas with grilles. These grilling areas offer a fun space for your family to prepare dinner. Prepare your dinner and eat it outside or bring it back to your condo and savor dinner in your dining room or on the balcony. Either way, the grilling areas are a fashionable place for owners and guests to prepare dinner and socialize.
The resort has two pretty pools on-site. One is right by the clubhouse and the other is by building four. Swimming laps is a great way to stretch your muscles and get in shape. If you prefer sunbathing then lie back and relax in one of the many loungers located around both pools. There is a separate one foot deep pool for modest kids.
The resort also features a playground, a shuffleboard court, corn hole, a beach shuttle service, bicycle parking and car parking under each building.
During the summer season Royal Dunes offers weekly scheduled activities such as turtle feeding, arts & crafts, ice cream social, bingo, beach walk and more. Dates and times are available at the front desk.
All Resort Conveniences include:
Beach shuttle service
Weekly scheduled activities (summer season)
The Covid-19 pandemic is considered a foreseeable risk. By accepting this rental agreement and providing payment information, the guest acknowledges and accepts the risk that the pandemic may prevent travel or occupancy of the rental unit and that this will not serve as a basis for requesting a refund. Unavailable amenities, pool, beach, theme park, etc. does not merit a refund. This clause specifically removes the obligation of the owner to provide a habitable unit, if the cause is due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
The Vrbo calendar helps provide availability and estimated price quote. Always inquire with the agent and do not reserve airfare until your confirmation has been received.
Any issues with resort service, accommodations, physical plant, amenities, etc. are the direct responsibility of the developer and must be handled through the resort, not Concierge Realty. Photos are thought to be really representative of the resort and accommodations. Any variation from the photo and actual property are unintentional, so guests are encouraged to do their own due diligence prior to reserving. Any variance or disruption including but not limited to remodel, unavailable conveniences, change in decor, etc. during the stay, whether announced prior to reservation, occurring during the stay or announced after confirmation, is a matter stringently between the guest and resort, are not deceptive advertising, breach of contract or the responsibility of Concierge Realty.
Note that the images are representative of this villa and that a specific view type is not implied nor promised by virtue of the images. A specific view category must be addressed with rental agent. Concierge Realty reserved the right to reserve any view category unless one has been agreed upon in writing. The resort confirmation will show the view designation and the villa will be placed within that view category unless, in a rare instance the view will be noted as "not guaranteed" in which case the resort reserves the right to place the guest anywhere within the property. Issues regarding view within the guaranteed view category are to be addressed with the resort management as Concierge Realty is not responsible for villa placement.
Please be advised that if a non-domestic credit card is used to reserve a vacation rental, additional costs may be incurred.
All details are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Any questions with regard to view, amenities, linens configuration, decor or other details should be addressed with Concierge Realty, Winter Garden, FL.
Guests are encouraged to do their own due diligence to assure that the resort and villa will meet their expectations.
About the Area
This condo is located in Hilton Head Island. Barony Course at Port Royal Golf Club and Port Royal Golf Club are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit Adventure Cove and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf. Coastal Discovery Museum and Hilton Head Zipline are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the very best vacation home experience:
Finding your perfect rental home:
- Summer months are the most expensive season in coastal SC. To get the best value, try changing your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer warmer weather, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your family qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property management companies typically offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Many management companies supply Hilton Head area travel guides which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Hilton Head visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Narrow your Search:
- Start by selecting potential vacation weeks and a max budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Royal Dunes Resort, Hilton Head Island/3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom Hidden Gem!? has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often available online. If you don't see them listed, email or call the host before booking the property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Are you looking for particular amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you will need a pet-friendly vacation rental. Make sure to ask for details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Often, hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
Some things to know before you go:
- Be sure you get the host's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental.
- Note any damages to the property at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are helpful if there is a dispute.
- Property managers are there to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often, surrounding homes are filled by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are away, just like you would back home.
- Just prior to departing, complete a walk-through to make sure you didn't leave anything behind. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on great reviews to stimulate more bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- Folly Field Beach Park - 0.5 miles
- Driessen Beach Park - 0.8 miles
- Fort Howell - 1.8 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 2.0 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.4 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.1 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 1.4 miles