- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness center
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Private pool
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 917 sq ft (85 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 917 square feet
Feel at home in this handsomely refreshed condo with vistas of the Port Royal Sound in the distance.
Watch the sunrise while appreciating your morning coffee or appreciate the calming sounds from the adjacent
marsh right out your balcony while sipping your favorite beverage. This condo has pool and marsh vistas
and is updated throughout in coastal décor. There is a entirely outfitted kitchen, a dining area with seating
for 6, living room, washer and dryer, 2 bedrooms with 2 full baths. The heated pool is open year-round
and there are cycling/walking trails connected to the property. Folly Field Beach and Fish Haul Beach are
a 5-min. drive as well as the Hilton Head Distillery, Hudson’s Seafood House and many other dining
and shopping options.
About the Area
Located in Hilton Head Island, this villa is near the beach. Coastal Discovery Museum and Arts Center of Coastal Carolina are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit The Village at Wexford and Tanger Outlet Center. Adventure Cove and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf are also worth visiting. Fishing and swimming offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with cycling nearby.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the optimal vacation property experience:
How to get the best value:
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer months are the most expensive season in Hilton Head. To find the best value, consider changing your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer warmer weather, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season.
- Some hosts offer special rates for veterans. Check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your group.
- Property management companies usually offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Look for your local Hilton Head visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guides contain money saving offers on local shops and restaurants.
Choosing the best vacation home:
- Choose your vacation week and max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Crisp Clean Tranquil! Beautifully Decorated Condo has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is regularly available online. If not, call the property manager before you book the home. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Pet fees or costs applied to your contract.
- Are you visiting for a single event or attraction? Try a map search to find nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
Know before you go:
- Get the property manager's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your .
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, stereo or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents a lot of issues.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by locking and securing the home while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- During arrival, record any damages to the property and immediately alert the owner. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Be respectful. Often, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Re-check every room of the vacation property to confirm that you've packed everything on check-out day. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property managers rely on great feedback to inspire future reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your review find their best vacation rental. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- Fort Howell - 0.1 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 0.3 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 2.1 miles
- Driessen Beach Park - 2.4 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 3.2 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.5 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 0.7 miles