- As low as $460/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 14
- DVD player
- 4 bathrooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining room
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- Ice maker
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near coin laundry
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Private pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 2900 sq ft (269 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 14
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2900 square feet
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
Book your next family reunion or group vacation at Grand Times, a five-bedroom home with a private pool and terrific location near the beach and multiple golf courses.
Located near the southern end of Hilton Head Island, SC, this rental is located in Sea Pines, a fashionable area with golf, tennis, dining, outdoor activities, and a marina. The home’s backyard includes a patio area, a grille, and a screened-in porch with vistas of the private pool, as well as a private path that takes you from the property down to the beach and warm waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
Inside, you’ll find a home designed for entertainment! A game room, complimentary WiFi, and a flatscreen TV with a Blu-Ray/DVD player are all included for your enjoyment, and a brick fireplace and bay windows with pretty vistas of the foliage outside provide a unique interior character. The well-equipped kitchen is outfitted with modern appliances and a stone backsplash, and the close by dining room seats at least eight diners. The bathroom off the ground-floor master bedroom is wheelchair accessible.
Have a grandiose vacation when you stay at Grand Times - make your reservation online today!
This property is managed by Vacasa South Carolina LLC.
Parking notes: There is paid parking for 5 cars.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.) The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 25 years of age to book. Guests under 25 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
City/town permit number: 26458
About the Area
Located near the beach, this vacation home is in Sea Pines, a neighborhood in Hilton Head Island. Atlantic Dunes by Davis Love III and Heron Point by Pete Dye are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Coligny Plaza and The Village at Wexford. The Sandbox and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Hilton Head rental property booking tips and tricks:
Sticking to your budget:
- Summer is high season in the Hilton Head area. To book the best vacation home within your budget, we strongly suggest reserving in Fall or Spring months. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of giant crowds at the beach and popular attractions. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Hilton Head vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- The sooner you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable properties are booked very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your vacation home.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your family qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer guests an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for more information.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local information, visitor guide magazines contain offers and deals for nearby accommodations and attractions.
Selecting and booking a perfect Hilton Head rental home:
- Start by choosing your a vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Spacious Home with Private Pool, Game Room, & Big Backyard - Great for Groups has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, call the property owner before booking the property. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull out couches in living rooms. You'll need to work out which bed configuration is right for your group.
- Visiting for a single attraction or event? If so, use a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional pet fees or costs could be applied to your invoice.
During your stay:
- We recommend storing the owner's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Record any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be beneficial if a dispute arises.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. You will enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are often a great source for finding the best local spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can frequently help. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your vacation home while you're away. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Just before checking out, take a final walk-through to confirm you didn't forget anything. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a fantastic time? Most rental websites make it easy for clients to provide comments. If your property and/or host was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was defective and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.