- 5 Bedrooms
- 6.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySurf Scoter
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly costs are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Rent Now!'
*Please read our important pool heat information to help you have the best holiday possible!*
This unit has a pool and spa that can be heated between Labor Day and Memorial Day for an additional fee of $95/nighttime for a minimum of 3 nights. Both the spa and pool share the same heater. In order for the spa to be heated, the pool must be heated as well. When isolating the spa to heat to a higher temperature the pool will be not be heating. It is important to turn off the spa when finished. At least seven days' notice must be given for heat to be turned on. If the outdoor temperature is colder than 55 degrees, the pool will not be able to maintain a warmer temperature. If the pool or spa does not reach your desired temperature but is still warming, refunds will not be given.
Surf Scoter offers delight holiday rental at it's choice! This striking multi-level home, located just four homes from the beach, has been modernized throughout with an abundance of bespoke includes. With over 5,000-square-feet of living space, this home offers the space you need to relax both privately and with family and friends. There are multiple spaces to entertain, dine, and play. A desk workspace provides a space for visitors to complete remote work or schooling. The bedrooms each have their own attached bath and appreciate good separation to eliminate any noise and privacy concerns. The new pool, spa, outdoor bar, and private beach path make this home the one your family will adore.
The first level of this home includes a sizable family room with flatscreen TV that is open to the huge dining room with seating for eight. The bespoke kitchen offers a gas range, stainless steel appliances, double ovens, two subzero fridges, additional refrigerator drawers, wine refrigerator, under counter ice maker, granite countertops, bar sink, and huge walk-in pantry for additional storage. Up a few steps, you will find the big main suite with a flatscreen TV, and a sizable main bathroom. The next level offers two additional main bedrooms. The first offers a a new bath (as of 2019) with double vanity and a walk-in shower. The other offers a queen bed and a new en-suite bath. The top level of the home includes a bunk room with a enormous attached bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower and separate water closet.
The backyard space is newly constructed (as of 2019) and has everything you need to savor and relax. The glass-tiled pool has a constructed-in vacuuming system to keep the water tidy and clear. A granite bar with an under-counter ice maker, libation refrigerator, and kegerator that holds two kegs to make the backyard a vacationer's dream. The outdoor shower, landscaping, and lighting all add to the ambiance. The pierced brick wall and palm trees afford privacy and mood. The home and backyard have been wired with surround sound and play your choice of music from the internet or your own playlist from your phone. There is also a foot shower next to the private beach path and a keg (freshly installed as of 2019) outdoor as well!
Surf Scoter is located in Atlantic Pointe, a private community within Sea Pines. Beach access is limited by the locked gated entrance at the end of the private beach path, ensuring a much less busy stretch of beach. In addition to the private pool and spa, visitors of Surf Scoter will enjoy access to the Atlantic Pointe community pool and tennis court, effortlessly located just steps away from the home. The Sea Pines Beach Club is an smooth mile walk down the beach. South Beach is an simple bicycle ride away. This home gives you the opportunity to park your car on arrival and walk or bicycle to bars, eateries, and activities all week!
Things to Know
Free high-speed WiFi
Full kitchen with a dishwasher
Central air conditioning
*One hour of complimentary tennis per day is available with this rental in 2021
Please note that the fireplace is not for guest use
*Guests will need to contact Rollers directly if they would like beer to be included for the keg
A sofabed provides an additional sleeping space
Please be aware that the Plantations and Condominium Complexes do not accept trailers, motor homes, motorbikes, and/or recreational cars and rooftop cargo (i.e. kayaks, canoes, etc.) other than car top carriers
*Pool heat is available between Labor Day and Memorial Day. There is a three nighttime minimum when renting pool heat. This is a propane system and only has one heater for both the pool and spa. Pool heat must be on in order to use the spa. Advanced notice is mandatory, as this is scheduled with the pool service. The heat is $119 per nighttime, plus tax.
This unit is managed by Vacasa South Carolina LLC.
Parking Notes: Parking is limited to the driveway - parking passes are mandatory. There is a gated entrance. No street or landscape parking is allowed.
Water Access: This home has a beach path leading from the pool outdoor space. Guests can also walk to the end of Surf Scoter.
3 day notification is mandatory in order to heat the pool. An additional pool heat fee of USD95 per day must be paid prior to check-in.
Damage Waiver: The total price of your reservation for this Unit includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.)
The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $2,000 of accidental damage to the Unit or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and vacation houses supply Hilton Head area promotional catalogs that feature offers, either offered independently by merchants, or through a relationship between the property management company and the local business itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Want to steer clear of the packed areas and reduce costs? The off-peak seasons generally offer terrific rates on daily rental properties.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran members of the Armed forces, or repeat visitors of the same vacation home. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some rental homes are practically designed to serve specific customers, whether it's downtown units with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a certain Hilton Head activity that you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Rental companies and individual home owners typically offer guests the chance to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
Many people are surprised to discover just how many properties are offered in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Hilton Head are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners mainly because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Do you think "Luxurious Home with Private Pool, Central AC, & High-Speed WiFi - Walk to Beach!" is the best vacation property for your next visit? Browse through this checklist to confirm it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Like many desirable hot spots, In Hilton Head the best vacation rentals are booked early. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before your trip. Holiday reunions are a great time for groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Find your Spot and Confirm Dates
Quite often, the most challenging portion of planning your trip is figuring out where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes easier.
Just How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the company. Most vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Check to make sure "Luxurious Home with Private Pool, Central AC, & High-Speed WiFi - Walk to Beach!" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to reserving a pricey vacation property. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What property features is the group looking for? Is a screened deck a requirement? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Does the rental have bikes and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation home postings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your furry family members. Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines differ. Many restrictions could dismiss a prospective rental property. Study your contract carefully! Charges may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
Several websites exist to match renters with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Hilton Head local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Entire Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Rental management companies and individual rental owners often offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest saving the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any damages when you arrive. If you find damages, or if repairs are needed call the rental manager immediately. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be useful.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents usually live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a visit a lot more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a little bit. Regardless of whether you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation home really needs to be in sound condition. Sinks filled with pots and pans, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes should be taken care of before you leave.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Many vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites permit customers to provide feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but straightforward in regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will work hard to solve the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. How did they like the vacation rental? Maybe everything ended up being exceptional and you're happy to reserve the same property for next season. If not, you've gained valuable experience to aid with another search.