About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 5 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2906 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
2 Collier Beach in Singleton Beach is a phenomenal oceanfront 5 Bedroom/5.5 Bathroom home with an oceanfront pool. This spectacular home features private baths for all bedrooms, a impressive kitchen, many balconies and even a spectacular 3rd floor oceanfront family room/game room with its own wet bar.
Free Activities Supplied! Play a round of golf, discover Hilton Head on bicycle or even bring out your inner kid with a round of putt-putt golf! To enhance your vacation experience, Vacation Homes of Hilton Head includes our signature Southern Hospitality Pass, which means all of the above activities are COMPLIMENTARY. Contact us today to learn more about the complimentary fun included with this Vacation Homes of Hilton Head rental! (1 pass for each activity per group, passes expire daily. 1 bicycle per reservation).
2 Collier Beach Road, Hilton Head, SC
First Floor: Kitchen, Living, Dining Area, Laundry Room, TV, Private Pool, Gas Grille (Propane Supplied)
Bedroom 1: First Floor, Master, King Bed, TV (Walk-in Shower)
Bedroom 2: Second Floor, Full/Twin Bunk Bed with single trundle, TV (Shower/Tub Combo)
Bedroom 3: Second Floor, Master, King Bed, TV (Walk-in-Shower, Jacuzzi Tub)
Bedroom 4: Second Floor, Master, King Bed, TV (Walk-in-Shower, Jacuzzi Tub)
Third Floor: Second Living Area, Dining, Wet Bar, TV, Half Bath, Balcony
Bedroom 5: Third Floor, Queen Bed, TV (Walk-in-Shower, Garden Tub)
Ground Level: Two Car Garage (Total Parking: 5 Vehicles)
ELEVATOR DIMENSIONS: 35" x 36"
NOTE: Our properties and elevators are not ADA compliant
PET POLICY: 2 Dogs MAX (each dog up to 50lbs.)
$300/ pet 3-8 nights, $500/pet for 10-29 nights, $700/ pet 30-89 nights, $800 90+ nights, $400 for 3rd pet if pre-approved by the management company.
POOL DIMENSIONS: 20' by 9'
POOL HEAT: The pool can be heated for an additional $500/week. Pool heat must be added to your reservation at least 30 days prior to arrival or on the day of the booking. Last min. requests may or may not be available and are subject to a service fee. We do not heat the pool from Memorial Day-Labor Day*
NOTE: We cannot guarantee pool heat when air temps are below 60 degrees.
NOTE: We do not provide any Beach Towels or Equipment.
CANCELLATION POLICY: See rental agreement for more information or contact Vacation Homes of Hilton Head with any questions. If you are booking on a third event site such as Vacation Rental By Owner or Expedia, you are subject to Vacation Homes of Hilton Head's cancellation policy.
NOTE: Guests without travel insurance will not receive a refund or reimbursement for weather, hurricanes, mandatory and/ or voluntary evacuations, pandemics, etc. Please contact us for questions regarding coverage and to purchase a protection plan. Travel Insurance must be paid full upon purchase.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE: To secure a reservation, we require a 50% deposit upfront and the balance payment due thirty days prior to arrival via *E-Check (*domestic accounts only) or Visa, Master, Discover or American Card. Photo copies of both the reservation holder's Driver’s License and Credit Card will be required.
About the Area
Located in Hilton Head Island, this vacation home is on the beach. Adventure Cove and The Golf Courses of Palmetto Dunes are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit The Village at Wexford and Coligny Plaza. Pirate's Island Adventure Golf and The Sandbox are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and water skiing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours and hunting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the very best Hilton Head vacation rental experience:
Money saving strategies:
- June, July, and August are high season in the Hilton Head area. Book your Hilton Head rental property in Fall or Spring to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Hosts sometimes offer rate reductions for veterans. Make sure to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your group.
- Property managers frequently offer renters an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Hilton Head area visitors guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Hilton Head visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Selecting the perfect vacation rental:
- Choose a designated group leader, choose your trip dates, and select a budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Oceanfront Home w/Private Pool, 2 Living Areas & Amazing Views Of The Beach has 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Hilton Head rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is generally accessible online. If they are not listed, reach out to the host before booking your rental. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches.
- If there's a certain Hilton Head attraction you long to visit, look for rentals that are either close by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or costs could be applied to your contract.
During your stay:
- Get the property manager's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. Put the manager's information in your smartphone.
- Note any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are valuable if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. You will magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often a terrific source for finding the best local beaches and restaurants.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your rental home while you're away. Protect your property!
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the property to make sure you've collected all personal belongings. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental a final time and scan for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, take photos and video of the rental to record its condition.
- Did your family have a great time? Most rental home management companies make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was great, they would love to hear it. If anything was wrong and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Driessen Beach Park - 0.8 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 1.2 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.0 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.2 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 3.4 miles
- Coligny Beach Park - 4.3 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.6 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 2.6 miles