- As low as $245/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bedrooms
- 3.5 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fence around the pool
- Fire extinguisher
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor pool
- Paper towels
- Private pool
- Shared/communal pool
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
3 BDR, 3.5BA, 1500 sf, Coligny Plaza is literally across the street - a block and a half to the Atlantic Ocean, private pool in the courtyard.
Since you are looking for a break from the everyday grind, we have the spot.
You can park your car and savor this completely refreshed and entirely refreshed 3 bedroom condo located in North Forest Beach where you have everything you need within walking distance of this property. Many choices of eateries, grocery, 60 stores, a movie theater, and live entertainment are all part of the Coligny Plaza that is just a short walk across the street. The new Lowcountry Celebration Park that opened in December 2020 is a block away and ideal the kids.
This unit has three levels.
On the first floor there is a updated and completely outfitted kitchen. We have everything you need to prepare and prepare meals here. The washer and dryer are also available on this level. There is a nice sized dining room table with seating for 6 located between the kitchen and the living room. The living room has a 65” LED TV and seating for the whole family. The patio is located just outside the sliding glass door and the private community pool is just steps away. There is a grille on this patio if you want to prepare outside. There is a half bath located on this level.
The second level has two enormous bedrooms each with there own full bathroom. The first bedroom has both a queen bed and bunk beds, 42” LED TV and a full bath with shower and tub. There is a private deck with a sliding glass door in this room. The second bedroom has a king-sized bed, 42” LED TV and a full bath with shower.
The third level has a king bed, a 50” LED TV and a sizable bathroom with double vanities. There is a private patio with a sliding glass door in this room.
There are a couple of bicycle rental stores that you can walk to and from there you can literally bicycle or walk the entire island for the rest of your stay. There are bicycle paths that make it safe and painless to travel to all parts of this amazing island. You can also bicycle or walk to the handsome shoreline that consists of 12 miles of white sand beaches with all kinds of wildlife and special Atlantic Ocean sounds.
This unit is ideal for families, golfers (there are many great choices of world class golf here on the island), good friends or really any group that needs to slow down and relax. Come and see what makes Hilton Head Island such a great place to vacation.
About the Area
Located in Hilton Head Island, this condo is in the city center and near the beach. Coligny Theater and Arts Center of Coastal Carolina are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include The Sandbox and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf. Hilton Head Zipline and Adventure Cove are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to find the best Hilton Head vacation home experience:
Get the most from your rental budget:
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer months are high season in Hilton Head. Booking a rental in the Spring or Fall is our best tip for saving money on your rental home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Hilton Head vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host if your group qualifies for a special rate.
- Property managers usually offer guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Look for your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guide magazines contain discounts for local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Filter your search:
- Select a group lead, choose your vacation dates, and select a spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your family requires. Beautiful spacious 3 bedroom Coligny area condo- walk to beach and shops!!! has 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed types is generally available on booking websites. If not, call the property owner before you book the property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to establish what is right for your family.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Pet fees or costs might be applied to your agreement.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking.
During your stay:
- We recommend storing the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, intercom or WIFI setup. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent quite a few issues.
- Keep the property locked while you are out! Don't let thieves ruin your holiday.
- To make certain damages aren't linked to your stay, inspect the property for any problem areas during arrival. Speak to the rental manager immediately to document any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors bothering your peace and quiet. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- When it's time to leave, take a final walk-through to make sure you haven't forget anything. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on excellent feedback to propel more bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.