- As low as $365/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness center
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Indoor pool
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Shared/communal pool
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1232 sq ft (114 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1232 square feet
You will be delighted with this wonderfully refreshed Villamare condominium. The attention to detail and finishes here are second to none.
The Kitchen is modern with stone countertops, stainless steel appliances and cabinetry. The furnishings throughout the living, dining and bedroom areas is tasteful, yet comfortable, and reminds you of a coastal beach hideaway.
The main bedroom has a king bed, private balcony and an en-suite bathroom with double vanity and enormous walk-in shower. The second bedroom has two queen beds, private balcony and en-suite bathroom, with a tiled tub and shower combination.
The Villamare complex is located in the middle of Palmetto Dunes, making accessing all of its amenities an painless task. Villamare has a sizable outdoor pool and spa, indoor pool, and a giant amount of lounge chairs from which to soak in the sun!
***The Regime/HOA at Villamare has approved a comprehensive pool and deck remodel.
Featuring a new adult-only serenity pool & spa and resurfacing of the current pool & pool deck. The project is slated to begin September 15, 2023 and continue through April 30, 2024. The main pool will close October 15, 2023 (limited pool deck work will occur at this time) and reopen March 31, 2024.Beach access will be available throughout the construction and the indoor pool and hot tub will be accessible and usable for the duration. Palmetto Dunes is not responsible for this renovation, the HOA of Villamare is exclusively managing the project. The timeline of the project is subject to change with limited notice.***
***SANDBLASTING PROJECT 11/1/23-1/31/24***
Sandblasting will start at the beginning of November and continue through the end of January. This process can produce excess noise.
Blackout Dates: 11/20/23-11/24/23 12/25/23-1/1/24
Sandblasting will be finished prior to Christmas break (weather permitting)
Painting and updates to be finished by 1/31/24 (weather permitting)
About the Area
Located in Hilton Head Island, this villa is near the beach. Pirate's Island Adventure Golf and Adventure Cove are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit The Village at Wexford and Coligny Plaza. The Sandbox and Coastal Discovery Museum are also worth visiting. Surfing/body boarding, fishing, and swimming offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with cycling nearby.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips for getting the perfect vacation home experience:
Get the best value:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of SC. Booking a rental in Spring or Fall is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable properties.
- The earlier you can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your vacation home.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Property managers usually offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Find a copy of your local Hilton Head visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitor guides have money saving offers on local shops and restaurants.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Start by having your family agree to the best dates and a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your family needs. Beautiful Condominium with Ocean Views! has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is generally available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property manager before you book the property. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to determine what configuration is right for your vacation.
- Are you visiting for a single event? If so, use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental
- Some rental properties allow pets, and some do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property manager about pets before booking.
Advice for your stay:
- Add the host's contact information to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Upon arrival, document any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, intercom or thermostat. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call prevents many issues.
- Be respectful. Often times, surrounding homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Keep your rental home locked while you're gone! Don't let crooks spoil your family vacation.
- Re-check every room of the rental property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at departure. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your group have a fantastic stay? Many rental home management companies make it easy for clients to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was amiss and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Coligny Beach Park - 2.5 miles
- Driessen Beach Park - 2.6 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 3.0 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.4 miles
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve - 4.3 miles
- Lawton Stables - 4.5 miles
- Fort Howell - 4.9 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 4.2 miles