- As low as $182/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Golfing on site
- Internet access
- Jet skiing nearby
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near a zoo
- Near coin laundry
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1375 sq ft (128 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Winery tours nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1375 square feet
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
Beckenham 111 is a marvelous three-bedroom, three-bath villa on the 9th hole of Port Royal Golf which is one of the closest complexes to the beach in this area! This villa is located on the first floor for simple access to and from the on-site amenities that include a shared pool to take a dip when the weather heats up. Plus, you will be a five-min. walk to the beach. The main bathroom has been freshly updated! This villa also features a handsome sunroom overlooking the golf course with ample seating, so sip a favorite beverage in style as the sun goes down. Plus, movie nights will be a breeze with the DVD player and flatscreen TV. The main bedroom has a king bed and a refreshed bathroom, the second bedroom has two twin beds, the third bedroom has two queens for ultimate comfort.
THINGS TO KNOW
The community pool is open from April 1st, 2023 to October.
Parking notes: There is complimentary parking for 3 cars.
This rental is located on floor 2.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.) The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 25 years of age to book. Guests under 25 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
City/town permit number: 025527
About the Area
Located in Hilton Head Island, this condo is near the beach. Fort Howell and Fort Mitchel are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Adventure Cove and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf. Coastal Discovery Museum and Hilton Head Zipline are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to book the best Hilton Head vacation home experience:
Get the most from your vacation rental budget:
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- To get the largest rental within your budget, we strongly suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at local restaurants, tours, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Hilton Head vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Property managers usually offer renters an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Hilton Head area visitors guide magazines which will include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
How to choose and book the perfect Hilton Head rental:
- Choose your vacation dates and max budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Lovely condo close to beach - pool access, elegant screened patio & washer/dryer has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts is generally accessible online. If they are not listed, contact the property manager before you reserve the vacation property. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull out couches in living rooms. You'll need to determine what bed configuration is suitable for your group.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your rental agreement! Pet fees or charges could be applied to your invoice.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? Try a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental.
Advice for your stay:
- Take a copy of the property manager's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, television set or coffee maker. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call prevents many issues.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- To make certain damages are not linked to your stay, record any problem areas upon your arrival. Contact the property manager right away to relay any issues. If there is a dispute, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Be respectful. Frequently, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Just before checking out, complete a final walk-through to confirm you haven't forget anything. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the rental one final time and scan for damage. We advise inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can. If the property manager is not available, take photographs of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a excellent stay? Most rental managers make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your property and/or host was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was defective and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Folly Field Beach Park - 0.6 miles
- Driessen Beach Park - 1.0 miles
- Fort Howell - 1.7 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 1.8 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.4 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.1 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 1.4 miles