- As low as $688/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 13
- 5 bathrooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Flat-screen TV
- Heated pool
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Porch or lanai
- Private pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Spa tub
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 3624 sq ft (337 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 13
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 3624 square feet
*Palmetto Dunes will work on replacing the storm water drainage pipes which is projected to begin on October 23, 2023, and be ongoing to April 2024. Please expect road detours to your property.*
Mooring Buoy 54 is a delightful 5 bedroom, 3rd-row Palmetto Dunes home on the beach path, just a few steps to the Atlantic Ocean in the charming Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. Professionally decorated and furnished, this spectacular home features the best details in construction and appointments.
On the 1st level is a huge great room with a coffered ceiling, a flat-screen TV is located above the fireplace (not for guest use) for all your viewing enjoyment which is flanked into the gourmet kitchen. The dining room can seat 10 as the breakfast bar has seating for 6.
Off the great room, a balcony that overlooks the pool and spa area has a table set for 8 and features an outside flat-screen TV for your entertainment. The extravagant master suite also opens to a enormous porch overlooking the pool area for your enjoyment. Upstairs is another master suite, two more bedrooms & entertainment loft that features a queen sleeper couch, flat-screen TV and opens onto a balcony.
The outdoor entertainment area is in a secluded setting with a pool, hot tub and BBQ grille for alfresco dining. Lay in the hammock, hear and smell the ocean waves and breeze, appreciate the nature of the surrounding area with a backyard that features plenty of green area for complete enjoyment as the stepping stones lead you down the path to the charming beach of Palmetto Dunes. The pool can be heated for an additional fee from September to April.
The garage features a sizable entertainment area with a ping pong table, great fun for kids and adults alike. This home has an elevator, which is available for use with a signed waiver.
If you’re looking for a secluded rental in Hilton Head SC, Mooring Buoy 54 is idyllically set in Palmetto Dunes. Palmetto Dunes is an oceanfront resort on Hilton Head Island that stretches from the 3 miles of white sandy beach, through 11 miles of lagoons, 3 golf courses, and 25 tennis courts, to the bikeway under the William Hilton Parkway that provides access to the Shelter Cove Marina and Towne Centre.
Located mid-island on 2,000 acres of lush island landscapes, Palmetto Dunes features one of the East Coast's premier beaches, championship golf and tennis, and miles of bicycle and walking trails in a calming setting. Discover a plethora of world-class stores and eateries at Shelter Cove, colorful yachts anchored in the marina and a beachfront bar and restaurant at Dunes House, all comfortably accessed by the complimentary Dunes Buggy shuttle service in the summer season. .
Palmetto Dunes is a secured community, please specify the number of security gate passes that are needed at the time of booking your reservation. Passes are charged per car per week.
**Fireplace is not for guest use.**
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Hilton Head Island. Newhall Audubon Nature Preserve and Newhall Audubon Preserve reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Pirate's Island Adventure Golf and Adventure Cove. The Sandbox and Coastal Discovery Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the perfect Hilton Head rental home experience:
Get the most from your budget:
- To get the most suitable rental within budget, we strongly suggest booking in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at the beach and popular Hilton Head attractions. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Hilton Head vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some property managers offer promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your property manager if special discounts are available for your group.
- Booking websites frequently offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Find a copy of your local Hilton Head visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitors guides contain money saving offers on nearby tours and attractions.
Planning and picking the right Hilton Head rental:
- Start by selecting your trip dates and a budget.
- Mooring Buoy 54 has 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally accessible online. Otherwise, email the property owner before you book the property. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to establish which bed configuration is optimal for your vacation group.
- If there's a certain Hilton Head beach you love, browse homes that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- If your group is bringing pets, you'll need to search for a pet-friendly vacation rental. Get specifics on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Usually, hosts charge additional pet fees.
Considerations for your stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Add a note with the instructions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- During arrival, make note of any issues with the property and immediately contact the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, television set or appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent many difficulties.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant vacationers bothering your peaceful home. Employ the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and attractions you would've not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Keep your rental home locked while you're out! Don't let burglars spoil your trip.
- Re-check every room of the property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at departure. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the rental one final time and scan for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host is not available, remember to take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on good ratings to propel new bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your review find their best rental home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- Driessen Beach Park - 2.0 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 2.4 miles
- Coligny Beach Park - 3.1 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.1 miles
- Fort Howell - 4.4 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 4.6 miles
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve - 4.8 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.7 miles