- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness center
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Heated pool
- Internet access
- Near the ocean
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 540 sq ft (50 sq m)
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 540 square feet
HH Beach & Tennis 158B
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
Say hello to the sunshine when you call this Hilton Head HH Beach & Tennis condo your next vacation destination! Right at your stay, indulge in a plethora of awesome shared amenities including a hot tub, a pool,2 bicycles for guest use, a tennis court, and a exercise room. When you aren't taking invigorating dips into the gleaming waters of the pool, head for the beach - just mins. away!
Popular attractions close by include Folly Field Beach Park, the Arts Center of Coastal Carolina, the Coastal Discovery Museum, Harbour Town Golf Links, and the Harbour Town Lighthouse.
Comfort is key inside your getaway! Kick back and relax in the living room while tuning into your favorite TV shows and movies, or head for the private balcony to savor the pleasant Carolina breeze.
The condo's kitchen comes well-equipped with stainless steel appliances and ample meal prep space, making cooking a breeze.
Before bed, tune the central air-conditioning to your liking and crawl under the soft linens in the sizable bedroom.
THINGS TO KNOW
This property is managed by Vacasa South Carolina LLC.
Parking notes: There is complimentary parking available for 2 cars.
This rental is located on floor 1.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.) The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 25 years of age to book. Guests under 25 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
City/town permit number: 31289
City/town permit number: 073494
About the Area
Located in Hilton Head Island, this condo is on the beach. Coastal Discovery Museum and Newhall Audubon Nature Preserve reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Adventure Cove and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf. Hilton Head Zipline and The Sandbox are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to get the best Hilton Head vacation property experience:
When to go & When to reserve a Hilton Head rental home:
- Summertime is high season in Hilton Head. Reserving a rental home in the Spring or Fall is our favorite way to save money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season.
- Book your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer rental homes during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Owners sometimes offer special rates for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your group.
- Property managers frequently offer their guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Many property management companies supply Hilton Head area visitor guide magazines which include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Hilton Head area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to pick the best vacation rental in the Hilton Head area:
- Start by having your family select the best dates and a budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Coastal condo with pool, hot tub, tennis, and gym access - balcony & central AC has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is normally available on booking pages. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before booking the vacation home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to determine what is best for your vacation group.
- Is your family looking for special amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but others do not. Acceptable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Put the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- To make certain damages aren't linked to your stay, inspect the rental for any problem areas when you arrive. Contact the host immediately to report any damages. If there is a dispute, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful visitors bothering your life at home. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and scenic spots you would have never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Lock your vacation home while you are out and about. Keep your property safe!
- Double-check the property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items on check-out day. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the property one final time and scan for damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can. If the manager is not available, take pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property managers rely on great feedback to propel future bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your feedback find their best vacation rental. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Folly Field Beach Park - 0.2 miles
- Driessen Beach Park - 0.2 miles
- Fort Howell - 2.2 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 2.4 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.1 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.1 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 1.7 miles