- As low as $210/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- DVD player
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Golfing on site
- Horse riding nearby
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayak on site
- Kayaking nearby
- Near coin laundry
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 550 sq ft (51 sq m)
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 550 square feet
The Villas at Oceanside are professionally managed by Vacation Time of Hilton Head and are best rented directly through our website..
This villa offers a separate bedroom with a queen size bed, full size kitchen, living and dining area are combined. Additional linens for this villa includes two bunk beds in the hallway between the bedroom and living room which are ideal for modest kids and a couch sleeper in the living room. There is a balcony located off the living room which offers a nice ocean side view. You’ll find Oceanside Villa is located on the south end of the island, along South Forest Beach Drive, a short distance from Coligny Plaza. Oceanside is an oceanfront property that is located about 70 yards from the ocean.
**Telephone for daily prices & availability, some restrictions may apply**
About the Area
Located near the beach, this condo is in South Forest Beach, a neighborhood in Hilton Head Island. Harbour Town Lighthouse and Fort Mitchel are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Coligny Plaza and The Village at Wexford. The Sandbox and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing, kayaking, and parasailing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with horse riding.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips for getting the perfect Hilton Head vacation property experience:
Sticking to your rental budget:
- To get the best value, shift your family's Hilton Head trip dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer excellent weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season.
- In the Hilton Head area, The earlier your group can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The best vacation homes are booked very early. Booking your vacation property up to 12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host if your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Booking websites frequently offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Hilton Head visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guides contain deals for nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Planning and picking a perfectvacation home:
- Choose your dates and spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration you need. Fantastic ocean view and close to dining, shopping & Coligny! has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often accessible on booking pages. If not, call the property manager before reserving the vacation home. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? If so, use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking.
- Some properties allow pets, and some don't. Acceptable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the property management company about pet restrictions before booking.
More tips for your visit:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Add a note with the instructions to your phone, and take a printed copy.
- Make a record of any damages to the property at check in, and immediately contact the host. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are valuable if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Respect your neighbors. Often, nearby homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your rental home while you're away. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- When it's time to leave, take a walk-through to confirm you haven't forget any personal items. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a wonderful vacation? Many rental managers make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was wonderful, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was imperfect and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.