- As low as $215/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- DVD player
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Power boating nearby
- Property does not allow children
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1300 sq ft (121 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1300 square feet
Our one bedroom condo is bigger than most one bedrooms available. We just purchased a new bed, 2/23. We do not rent for less than 4 nights unless it's a last min. booking and we have availability.
Watch the yachts, fishing boats and sightseeing expeditions travel in and out of the marina from this second floor condo in Captains Quarters. Don't miss the dolphins drifting in to entertain the visitors. A convenient buggy service is available complimentary of charge, during the summer months, to take you to golf, the beach, dining and shopping in Palmetto Dunes. Don't worry about driving to stores, entertainment and eateries, as a short walk takes you to all available in Shelter Cove. Every week is July 4th, as Tuesday nights in the summer fireworks light the skies of Shelter Cove. Fishing and island boat expeditions are available from the marina.
Eateries: Eateries in Shelter Cove: Ela's restaurant is located steps away from the condo. For seafood there's Scott's on the Marina. For continental choices consider Alexander's. Have a margarita and enchilada at San Miguel's at Shelter Cove. Another restaurant option is Bistro 17.
Free Buggy Service: Catch a complimentary ride with the Palmetto Dunes Buggy! Available March - September. Hours: 8 AM - 9 PM Sunday - Wednesday, and till 10PM Thurs - Saturday. Extended Summer hours June - August. The Palmetto Dunes Buggy provides courtesy transportation within Palmetto Dunes and Shelter Cove. Visit the beach, golf courses, eateries, stores and tennis courts as well as Shelter Cove Harbour, the Mall at Shelter Cove and the Plaza at Shelter Cove. This is an on demand service, and cars will be dispatched first come, first served, based on requests received. Vans generally arrive within 10 mins. of your request.
Water Sports in the Marina: Water Sports: Every conceivable water sport is available at Shelter Cove including deep-sea and inshore fishing charters, sport crabbing, sail and power boat units, sightseeing and nature excursions and dinner cruises. Encircling the harbour are enchanting eateries and friendly open-air cafes, stores and galleries. And at its center, standing watch over the harbour, is a commanding statue of King Neptune, one of the world's biggest working sundials.
About the Area
Located in Hilton Head Island, this condo is on the waterfront. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Newhall Audubon Nature Preserve and Sea Pines Forest Preserve, while Arts Center of Coastal Carolina and Coligny Theater are cultural highlights. Pirate's Island Adventure Golf and Adventure Cove are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking and motor boating nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling and horse riding.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Hilton Head rental booking tips:
Finding the best rental home value:
- Summertime is the most expensive season in coastal SC. To find the best value, change your family's Hilton Head vacation dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer pleasant weather, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during June, July, and August.
- In the Hilton Head area, The earlier your group can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are booked early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home.
- Some hosts offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your group.
- Booking websites typically offer customers an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Hilton Head area visitors guide magazines which include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Hilton Head area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Selecting and booking your prefectrental:
- First and foremost, have your group select date ranges and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Captains Quarters with a Shelter Cove Marina view has 1 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Hilton Head vacation rental search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly available online. If not, email the property management company before booking your rental. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to establish what is optimal for your vacation group.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. .
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you will need a rental that allows animals. Get details on breed, size, and type requirements. Be aware that some property managers require additional pet deposits and fees.
Know before you go:
- Put the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Upon check-in, document any damages to the property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Keep your rental home locked while you're out! Don't let crooks spoil your vacation.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected everything. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a wonderful stay? Most rental home management companies make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or host was great, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was imperfect and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 2.1 miles
- Driessen Beach Park - 2.6 miles
- Coligny Beach Park - 2.8 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 3.0 miles
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve - 4.2 miles
- Lawton Stables - 4.3 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.3 miles
- Fort Howell - 4.4 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.7 miles