About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 3523 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Welcome to the BESTNEST at 29 South Beach Lane in Sea Pines. Here’s the skinny—just buzz us for more details! Our advertised prices are our very best rates and calendar shows real time availability. We encourage you to book online!
While our housekeeping has always been fastidious, we are taking additional precautions, using CDC approved products, and treating both hard and soft surfaces prior to your arrival.
• Super cavernous, 4 BR/4.5 BA home with 2 kings, 1 queen, and 1 full/twin/trundle bunk.
• 4th Row Ocean ON the beachwalk—Stand on the sand in less than 3 mins..
• Private pool, heatable in cooler months, and gas grille with full time propane.
• Two master suites, one on each level. All 4 bedrooms each have en suite bath. All NEW baths May 2022!
• Sophisticated, light-filled living area plus separate family/media room (we call it the Jungle Room).
• Password protected WiFi and complimentary Netflix on 6 LED TVs.
• Open, airy kitchen with stainless appliances and seating for 6. New gas cooktop for serious cooks.
• Roomy, adjacent dining area seats 8.
• Laundry is a breeze with full size washer and dryer.
• Circular drive with loads of parking plus 2 car garage.
• Quick bicycle ride to South Beach Marina Village in 5 mins., or walk it in less than 10.
What’s in a BESTNEST:
• Our hallmark? CLEANLINESS! Yes, we’re shouting it out and so are our guests- just read our reviews.
• Linens: Ahhhhh, yes! Totally comfortable, all cotton bed and bath linens including additional blankets and clean and cozy sleeping pillows, and clean kitchen linens.
• Always included in every BESTNEST in quantity for your stay: beach chairs/umbrellas/sand toys/beach cart, beach towels, a supremely equipped kitchen (in quality and quantity), hand soap, dish soap, kitchen sponges, trash bags, paper towels, tissues and toilet paper, your favorite hair dryer ever, fragrance complimentary laundry soap and dryer sheets, ziploc bags, coffee filters, cleaning supplies, loads of quality coat and skirt hangers, and a few surprises.
• Always courteous, knowledgeable, and professional, 24/7 guest service.
• Allow us to amaze you, again and again.
HOW FAR TO BEACH: Step off the patio and onto the beachwalk path-- less than 3 mins. walk and your toes are in the surf.
PAYMENTS: 50% due upon booking. Full amount due at 60 days prior to arrival. Long term winter reservations policy differs- please inquire.
CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations made 90 days or more before arrival-full refund less 10% of amount paid. Cancellations 89-45 days prior to arrival forfeit 60% of amount paid. Cancellations 44 or fewer days prior to arrival forfeit total amount paid. Travel insurance is always highly recommended. THESE TERMS SUPERCEDE THOSE OF HOMEAWAY/Vacation Rental By Owner.
POOL HEAT: Heatable with propane (efficient in all months/air temperatures).Charge is $250.00 for the first day and $150.00 each additional day during March - May and September - November. This charge is non-taxable and non-returnable. Please inquire for winter rates.
ABOUT US: We are proud to have developed a niche concept in vacation units on Hilton Head Island: Each and every BESTNEST is outfitted and equipped to exactly the same high standard, no matter the address. Nothing rather compares to a BESTNEST.
About the Area
Located on the beach, this vacation home is in Sea Pines, a neighborhood in Hilton Head Island. Harbour Town Lighthouse and Fort Mitchel are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Harbour Town Golf Links and Shipyard Golf Course. The Sandbox and Hilton Head Zipline are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with fishing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Rental home booking tips:
Get the most from your spending budget:
- The earlier you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your vacation property up to 12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental.
- Summer is high season in Hilton Head. Reserve your Hilton Head rental property in Spring or Fall to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your vacationing group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Look for your local Hilton Head visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, visitors guide magazines have offers and deals for nearby accommodations and attractions.
Choosing and booking the perfect Hilton Head vacation home:
- First, have your group select a vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. 29 South Beach Lane: A BESTNEST by Beverly Serral 4th Row Ocean + Pool has 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is often available on booking pages. If not, email or call the property manager before you book the home. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which typically includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or charges applied to your invoice.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? If so, use a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
More considerations for your visit:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Save the instructions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental property while you're away! Don't let thieves ruin your family vacation.
- During arrival, record any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Often, nearby homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Just before checking out, complete a walk-through to confirm you didn't forget any personal items. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the rental a final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the manager is not available, ensure that you take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a terrific stay? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.