- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Arcade/game room
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car recommended
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness center
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf nearby
- Golf privileges
- Hair dryer
- Heated pool
- Horse riding nearby
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Private pool
- Scuba diving nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 740 sq ft (69 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Winery tours nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 740 square feet
You'll never want to leave the Salty Mermaid. This 1st floor (no stairs!) villa has everything. Just steps from the pool and a short 5-min. walk to the beach. Totally refreshed and fresh with all the amenities of home including in-unit laundry. Fiddler's Cove is a gated complex with 24-hour security, 2 seasonally heated pools, a hot tub, play and picnic areas, tennis, pickleball and racquetball courts, game room and clubhouse. Everything you need for your ideal beach vacation.
About the Area
Located in Hilton Head Island, this condo is near the beach. Fort Howell and Fort Mitchel are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit The Village at Wexford and Coligny Plaza. Adventure Cove and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with scuba diving, motor boating, and surfing/body boarding nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with horse riding.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the very best Hilton Head vacation home experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rental homes during Winter holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Booking your vacation rental in Fall or Spring is an excellent way to save on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Property managers frequently offer renters an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Hilton Head area travel guides which often include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Choose vacation week and budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Salty Mermaid / Fiddlers Cove / 2 Bed / 2 Bath / Close walk to the beach has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Hilton Head vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally available online. Otherwise, reach out to the property manager before booking your rental. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to work out what configuration is right for your family.
- If your family is bringing pets, you must book a property that allows animals. Request information on breed, weight, and type requirements. Some property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
- If there's a specific Hilton Head attraction you are enamored with, look for properties that are either close by, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Some things to know before you go:
- Add the property manager's contact information to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you're gone! Don't let crooks spoil your holiday.
- Record any issues with the property at check in, and immediately contact the host. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that can be beneficial if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Respect the neighborhood. Often, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- At departure, complete a final walk-through to make sure you haven't forget any personal items. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property one final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We advise inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can. If the host is not available, remember to take video of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a terrific time? Most rental managers make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was defective and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Folly Field Beach Park - 0.2 miles
- Driessen Beach Park - 0.4 miles
- Fort Howell - 2.1 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 2.3 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.2 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.1 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 1.6 miles