- As low as $208/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kitchen island
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Near the ocean
- No pets allowed
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 2100 sq ft (195 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Approximately 2100 square feet
Incredible BEACHFRONT vistas from this 4 bedroom, 4 bath South Beach townhouse! Located on the first floor is the kitchen with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. The dining area is adjacent to both the living area and kitchen has a huge table with seating for up to 8 people. Next to the dining area is a comfortable glassed in Carolina Room with a sizable couch and cozy chair. This is a ideal spot to take in the impressive vistas that abound from this villa! The living area has plenty of seating for everybody in the family! Access your private deck from the living room. The deck offers marvelous vistas of the Calibogue Sound as well as a gas grille for cooking the ideal dinner! Also on this level is a bedroom with 2 twin beds and a full bathroom.
Upstairs on the 2nd floor are 3 more bedrooms. To the right of the top of the stairs is a bedroom with a king bed and a private bath. Down the hall is the master suite with a king bed and an en-suite bath with double granite vanities and shower/tub combo. This bedroom also has a private deck for you to appreciate the vistas of the Sound while drinking your morning coffee. Next to the master suite you will find a bedroom with a queen bed and a private bath. The gorgeous vistas and all the amenities of South Beach makes this the ideal place to vacation. Just a short walk to the South Beach Marina pool, racquet club, stores, eateries, and water sports.
• Beachfront Complex
• Vistas of the Atlantic Ocean and Calibogue Sound
• Free Wireless Internet
• 5 TV’s
• Gas Grille
• South Beach Marina Pool Access Open 5/1/2023 to 9/24/2023
• South Beach Marina Village
• 4 Bedrooms
• 4 Bathrooms
• Sleeps 8
• Entirely Equipped Kitchen
• Bedroom 1 - 1 King
• Bedroom 2 - 1 Queen
• Bedroom 3 - 1 King
• Bedroom 4 - 2 Twins
• Family Animals are not allowed.
• Parking passes should be displayed at all times and parking is limited to 2 parking spaces.
• The Vacation Company's Guest Connect will contain all your check-in information (lock codes, Wi-Fi codes, and other information pertinent to your stay).
About the Area
Located on the beach, this condo is in Sea Pines, a neighborhood in Hilton Head Island. Atlantic Dunes by Davis Love III and Heron Point by Pete Dye are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Coligny Plaza and The Village at Wexford. The Sandbox and Hilton Head Zipline are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and motor boating nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with horse riding and ecotours.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to find the best vacation home experience:
When to reserve a Hilton Head rental home & When to go:
- The sooner you can book a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best rental properties are reserved very early. Booking your rental home six to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental property.
- Summertime is the most expensive season in the Hilton Head area. To find the best value, try changing your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer warmer temperatures, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property management companies typically offer their guests an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Hilton Head area visitor guide magazines which include special deals, either offered directly by local companies, or through a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Hilton Head visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to choose the perfect vacation rental:
- Select your vacation week and max budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. 1417 S. Beach Villa-Beachfront views has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Hilton Head rental home search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally accessible on booking pages. If not, call the host before you reserve the rental. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to establish what configuration is right for your vacation.
- Some properties allow pets, and others do not. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the property manager about your furry family members before booking.
- Are you looking for unique amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the perfect rental.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
Know before you go:
- Be sure you get the host's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your . We recommend storing the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your rental property while you are out! Don't let thieves spoil your trip.
- To make certain that damages aren't linked to your visit, inspect the rental for any problem areas upon check in. E-mail the host immediately to report your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable vacationers bothering your peace. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Re-check every room of the property to make sure that you've packed everything at departure. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the property one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host isn't available, ensure that you take pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property managers rely on excellent reviews to inspire new reservations. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.