- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- Heated Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
About this PropertyThis refreshed, charmingly furbished 6 bedroom, 6 bath open concept home has three master bedroom suites with king beds and flat screen TVs. The master bathrooms are easily polished, with spa tubs, dual sinks, and separate frameless showers with lavish stone floors and walls. The kitchen is ideal for family get togethers, it is timeless and meticulous. It is by far among the most calming and inviting rooms to be in. There are two generous additional rooms on the top floor that are ideal for a place the children can relax in. They each have their own private bathrooms and entertainment TVs.
Free Activities Included! Play a round of golf, discover Hilton Head on bicycle and even bring out your inner kid with a round of putt-putt golf! To enhance your holiday experience, Holiday Homes of Hilton Head includes our signature Southern Hospitality Pass, which means all of the above activities are COMPLIMENTARY. Contact us today to learn more about the complimentary fun included with this Holiday Homes of Hilton Head rental! (1 pass for each activity per group, passes expire daily. 1 bicycle per reservation).
32 Corine Lane, Hilton Head, SC
First Floor: Living Area, Kitchen, Dining Area, TV, Balcony
Bedroom 1: First Floor, Queen Bed, TV, Shared Bathroom (Walk-In-Shower)
Second Floor: Laundry Room
Bedroom 2: Second Floor, King Bed, TV, Private Bathroom (Walk-In-Shower)
Bedroom 3: Second Floor, King Bed, TV, Private Bathroom (Walk In Shower/ Garden Tub)
Bedroom 4: Second Floor, King Bed, TV, Private Bathroom (Walk-In Shower/ Garden Tub)
Bedroom 5: Third Floor, Two Twins,Two Trundles, TV, Private Bathroom (Walk-In-Shower)
Bedroom 6: Third Floor, Two Twin Beds/ Twin Sleeper Couch, TV, Private Bathroom (Walk-In-Shower)
Ground Level: Pool, Seating, Parking (Total: 4 Vehicles)
*Pool can be heated for an additional $500/week to a max. of 88 degrees. Pool heat must be added to your reservation at least 30 days prior to arrival. Please note that we do not heat the pool Memorial Day- Mid September*
*Seasonal beach shuttle runs Memorial Day to Labor Day. The hours of operation are Sunday to Friday, 9am-5pm. Pick-up upon request. Location of pick-up/ drop-off to be determined by guest.
NOTE: If you are renting on a third event site such as Vacation Rental By Owner or HomeAway - you are subject Holiday Homes of Hilton Head's cancellation policy ** please contact Holiday Homes of Hilton Head for more information:
Cancellations are subject to a 4% cancellation fee.*
Cancellations made 90 days or more in advance of arrival, will receive full refund less 4%.
Cancellations made 31-89 days in advance of arrival, will forfeit 50% deposit.
Cancellations made 30 days or less in advance of arrival, will receive no refunds.
*If you buy travel insurance, this schedule would not apply. The travel insurance company would file the claim and give any applicable refunds. You must let us know with 48 hours that you have filed a claim with the travel insurance for cancellation. Travel Insurance can be bought at any time subject to a 4% credit card fee*
NOTE: Guests without travel insurance will not receive a refund or reimbursement for weather, hurricanes, mandatory and/ or voluntary evacuations, etc. Please contact us for questions regarding coverage and to buy this protection plan.
To secure a reservation, we require a 50% deposit upfront and the balance payment due thirty days prior to arrival via *E-Check (*domestic accounts only) or Visa, Master, Find or American Express card.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property management companies and rental homes provide Hilton Head area travel discount books which feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the local store itself. These guides may provide a great start to your rental search.
- In a position to change your travel week? The off-peak shoulder seasons generally offer phenomenal rates on weekly rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many rental companies offer price reductions to veterans and active-duty military. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a discount.
- Is there a particular experience that you are mainly anticipating ? You'll receive the best value from a home which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are oftentimes shocked at the range and wide selection of daily, weekly and monthly vacation rentals available in the Hilton Head area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in assisting families with reserving, check-in, cleaning, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may occur.
We have assembled a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation rental experience.
How to find and book the right rental home:
Do you think "Maison Bleue: Near Ocean, 3 Master Suites, Updated, Seasonal Beach Shuttle" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming family vacation? Browse through this check list to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Hilton Head rental properties start booking early. To ensure the most desirable choice of vacation rentals, we advise searching and reserving your Hilton Head vacation home 6-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Many households decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Choose a Town and Time
Start by figuring out which specific area of Hilton Head you'd like to explore, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Be mindful that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Most rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Are You Willing to Spend?
Make sure that "Maison Bleue: Near Ocean, 3 Master Suites, Updated, Seasonal Beach Shuttle" works with your price range *during your desired dates*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before booking a costly rental home. Most of the time, a single person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each person's share.
What home features is the group searching for? Do you want a rental property with outside dining area? Will the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or near restaurants? Are linens offered with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Do some people in your crew have special needs? Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Be sure to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at many rentals, but guidelines differ. You'll want to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
When the area, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources to find the best vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Hilton Head local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies typically have an exclusive collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation home has everything required. If it is lacking, the property management company may know of similar properties that fit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your greatest possibility of a reduced rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Total Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental home price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health care emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your trip.
Good job on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are attributed to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. We also recommend immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any necessary repairs. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be useful.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call helps prevent many head aches.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Residents will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a stay a good deal more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Remember to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a little bit. Even when you're paying a house cleaning fee, The vacation home needs to be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks full of dishes, substantial beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should be addressed before leaving.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Nearly all vacation rental sites ask for comments after your stay . Owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing ratings. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but completely honest about your stay. Top property owners and managers will try hard to correct the situation.
Learn and Improve
Did everybody have a great time? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific vacation home. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Driessen Beach Park - 0.8 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 1.2 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 2.6 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.0 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 3.3 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.1 miles
- Coligny Park - 4.3 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 2.4 miles