- 6 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Game Room
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWelcome to 10 Iron Clad, a pretty multi-level, sea front home in the award-winning Palmetto Dunes Resort. With breath taking sea vistas from nearly every room, your family is sure to appreciate their beach holiday. A one million dollar remodel was newly finished by award-winning builders, Element Construction and interior design by Kelly Caron. With renovations revamping the entire home, including kitchen, bathroom, floor, upper outdoor space and new furnishings, 10 Iron Clad represents the most great that Hilton Head has to offer. This "brand-new" home has wood floor on all levels with meticulous tile in all bathrooms.
When you enter into the open entryway, you are greeted by ceiling to floor windows that offer extraordinary vistas of the sea. Off to the right of the entry, you will find a queen bedroom with a mounted flat screen TV and walk-in shower with subway tiles. The California King bedroom also has a mounted flat screen TV and a walk-in shower with penny tiles and direct sea vistas. Take a few steps down from the king bedroom and you will enter into the sea view bunk bed room that has a full bed on the bottom and a twin XL on the top. This room also has its own full bathroom with a huge walk-in shower. On this level, you will also find a seating area with a 48" flat screen TV that has a brand new sectional couch that pulls out into a queen sleeper bed.
To the left of the entryway you will find two more bedrooms. The California King bedroom has a mounted flat screen TV and direct vistas of the sea. This bedroom has an attached walk-in shower with penny tiles. The other bedroom has two twin beds, each with a trundle, and has its own walk-in shower. Between these two rooms is a game room with a foosball table, full-size stainless steel refrigerator and sink. Attached to this room is the laundry room which has brand new Electrolux front-loading washer and dryer.
If you make your way up the wooden stairs you will be greeted on the second level with floor to ceiling windows looking out onto the beach. The second level has three sitting areas. The living room has brand-new seating for 8 as you have direct sea vistas through the sizable windows. The family room has a new chaise lounge sectional with a 65” UltraHD TV. The third sitting area on the second level is a reading nook that is a split level up from the family room and is the ideal place to nestle into a good rent. Upstairs, you will also find the master king bedroom with wrap around windows that accept you to see the sea from any angle. The master bathroom has stone floor and quartz countertops, two separate vanities, a stand up shower with two shower heads, and a floating BainUltra Thermomasseur tub.
Also located on the second floor is the dining room that seats eight, with additional seating for four at the breakfast table. The dining room also has a wet bar with a hammered nickel sink. The freshly modernized kitchen offers vibrant blue and white bespoke cabinets with quartz countertops. The bespoke paneled Liebherr refrigerator has freezer drawers. The new stainless steel 6-burner gas range and convection oven will accept your chef to create meals and memories while looking out on the Atlantic. A sizable farmhouse sink and bespoke paneled dishwasher make tidy-up a wind. The kitchen is outfitted with all new appliances and new preparing silverware. A prepare's dream kitchen!
The outdoor space off the second-level includes new travertine floor and a new constructed-in stainless still DCS gas grille with attached countertop space for your grille master. Appreciate that grilled meal on the outdoor Polywood dining table that seats six as you savor the cool sea wind. Savor your morning coffee out on the balcony where you can sit in the rocking chairs. Listen to the sounds of the waves and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic. Closely watch to see if you can catch the dolphins swimming their path up and down the shore from your perch.
This dream home also has a full SONOS sound system that you can control from your own smartphone. With dedicated speakers in the master suite, kitchen, living room, family room, downstairs sitting area accept you to listen to your own favorite music in your own part of the home. Don’t forget music by the pool or upstairs outdoor space. There are speakers there too!
The pool can be heated for an additional charge. There is also an elevator that services all floors and can also be used for an additional charge.
**** Please note that since this unit is often uninhabited for periods of time, we have installed Nest cameras. The Nest cameras inside are located in the kitchen, upstairs living room and downstairs living room. These cameras WILL be deactivated when visitors are present. There are NO devices in bedrooms, bathrooms, or any other indoor space. We also have security cameras that capture the driveway in the front and the backyard and pool area. These cameras are for the security of the unit. If you wish to have these cameras disabled during your stay, please let us know.
Palmetto Dunes is a 2000 acre oceanfront resort that reaches from the 3 miles of white sandy beach, through 11 miles of lagoons, 3 golf courses, and 25 tennis courts, to the bikeway under highway 278 that provides access to the Shelter Cove Marina, stores, eateries, and mall.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many official tourism bureaus supply promotional travel guide books with savings for rental management companies, dining and activities. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you willing to modify your travel dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few rental companies offer price cuts to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a markdown.
- Some properties are primarily designed for particular types of visitors. Large event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to music venues. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sights you are most looking forward to.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners frequently offer guests the option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
Many people are surprised to discover just how many rental properties are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an suitable getaway to fit their Hilton Head crew, from tranquil condos to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental, management companies are critical in helping travellers with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping, and any maintenance problems that may arise.
Seasoned Hilton Head vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however many newcomers will be happy to realize that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you know how to look.
Finding and reserving the right rental:
Do you believe "10 Iron Clad- Luxury Ocean Front Home, 6 Br, 6.5 Ba- Private Beach Access" is the best rental property for your next trip? Browse through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many trendy hot spots, In Hilton Head the best vacation rentals are booked very early. To ensure the very best choice of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and reserving your Hilton Head vacation home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Pick a Community and Date
Oftentimes, the toughest part of planning your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, everything else will be simpler.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you book.
What Are You Prepared to Spend?
Many rentals are marketed with a cost range. Determine the price for your desired week. It may be at the high end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before reserving a pricey vacation property. Most rental documents call for a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What amenities is the group looking for? Do you simply want a vacation home with a pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, downtown, or close to night life? Will the property have bicycles and beach toys for use throughout your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Commonly the older generation has challenges with stairs. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, factor that into your search. Most rental home postings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Remember to include your furrry friends. Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. Don't forget to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Where to Search
As soon as the location, dates and people are decided, search multiple sources for the best rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Hilton Head local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Besides having distinctive properties, local agencies offer exceptional service..
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the home management company may know of comparable homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers comfort should catastrophe strike.
When you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Make sure that you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. We also advise immediately calling the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any necessary repairs. This will protect against disagreements during checkout.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many complications.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Residents often live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a vacation a good deal more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep every room in the house for left-behind possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, decks, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Just about all rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to offer reviews. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your compliments. If anything was disagreeable and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you will want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did everybody have a blast? Maybe everything was fantastic and you are excited to re-book the rental home for next year. If the rental property was not ideal, and you will better know how to refine your search for the next trip.
- Driessen Beach Park - 1.6 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 1.9 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.1 miles
- Coligny Park - 3.5 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.9 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 4.2 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.9 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.3 miles