- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- Game Room
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Ping Pong Table
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyStarboard Tack 40
Our calendar is referbished in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click "Rent Now!"
The brilliant ambiance and nautical decor of this island home will have you kicking your feet up in no time. With a game room supplied with a ping-pong table, a personal exercise center, and accommodations for 11 visitors, there is no better place to bring the whole family for an island getaway. The renovated kitchen, with granite countertops, is just right for preparing for enormous groups and the breakfast nook has the peerless seat in the home for sipping an espresso. When the morning chill burns off, step out to the back yard and wade in the stimulating pool or crack open a favorite brew on the wraparound outdoor space that overlooks the lagoon. For a little privacy from the family, walk down to the private dock on the lagoon and watch the sun go down.
What's close by:
Sitting in the middle of the island, this home offers a central location just five miles from Burkes Beach and six miles from Coligny Beach Park where you will find local shopping and cuisine. make an even shorter trip to Shelter Cove Towne Center for a plethora of shopping options and a multitude of eateries for the whole family. For a day on the golf course, Robert Trent Jones is a mere half-mile from your front door!
Things to know:
Must be at least 25 years old to rent. This unit is managed by Vacasa South Carolina LLC..
This rental is located on floor 1.
Parking Notes: Driveway parking
Guest Entry Instructions: This rental utilizes an E-lock, a digital lock that requires an unique code to enter. This code is reset after each guest's stay.
Damage Waiver: The total price of your reservation for this Unit includes a nightly damage waiver fee (“Management”), plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.)
The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $2,000 of accidental damage to the Unit or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property management companies and vacation rental properties provide Hilton Head area discount guides which feature coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the local vendor itself. Keep an eye out for these books and coupon books, because this allows vacationers to enjoy the very same terrific activities at a quite often significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you might vacation? Shoulder seasons provide impressive prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for discounted prices. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a special offer.
- Is there a specific experience that you are most looking forward to during your stay? If there's a specific Hilton Head activity that you just love, look for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual property owners often offer their customers the opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed as a consequence of health emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
First-timers are sometimes shocked at the number and wide selection of short term rentals available in the Hilton Head area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and experience to provide effortless operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
We have constructed a short guide to help you get the most out of your rental property experience.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental:
Before you book "Luxurious lagoon home w/ kayaks, bikes, game room, cardio gym, & private pool!", review our brief collection of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Hilton Head vacation rentals start booking very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for family groups to plot their Summer trips..
Decide on a Village and Date
Start by determining which particular area of Hilton Head you would like to browse, and the determine travel dates.
How Many Bedrooms?
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you should have. Consider that many rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Generally vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Have a Budget
Confirm that "Luxurious lagoon home w/ kayaks, bikes, game room, cardio gym, & private pool!" satisfies your price range *during your desired week*. If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. A single member of your party will need to be in charge of gathering contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of reservation.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is your family trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Would you like to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Will the property have bikes and beach toys available throughout your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Optimal accessibility could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Think About Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. Animals are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies can vary. A number of restrictions may eliminate a potential rental property. Examine your contract thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
The best places to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Hilton Head local rental properties" for local property management companies. Local vacation home management companies pride themselves on a top-quality rental experience.
When you have found your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Entire Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental contracts require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest storing the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. Call the rental manager right away to report your findings. This can prevent disputes during check out.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A quick phone call helps prevent many complications.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Permanent residents more often than not live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of tips.
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've gathered all personal belongings.
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to be certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental websites permit renters to provide feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but honest with regards to experience. The best owners and managers will work very hard to solve the problem.
Learn from your Experience
How did they like the vacation rental? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning is going to be painless. Otherwise, you have acquired useful rental search experience that can help with your next search.
- Driessen Beach Park - 2.1 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 2.5 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 2.6 miles
- Coligny Park - 3.0 miles
- Fort Howell - 4.2 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 4.5 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.6 miles
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve - 4.6 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.5 miles