- As low as $182/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Flat-screen TV
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Pets stay free
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
Totally refreshed in the fall of 2022, 7 Ocean Breeze will quickly become your new favorite Hilton Head vacation home. This end-unit is positioned at the front of the community, making it both private and an simple walk to the beach!
As you enter the property, you’re greeted with an open-concept floor plan, LVP floor and all new furnishings. The striking kitchen features a sizable island with seating for 6, stainless appliances, bespoke cabinetry and everything you’ll need to prepare a meal for your family!
The living room has been comfortably outfitted with a sleeper couch, 3 chairs, a wall-mounted Intelligent TV and access to the private patio. The patio area features a dining table with an umbrella, ideal for dining al-fresco.
Guests are also able to appreciate the freshly constructed den area on the first level. This private area features a dedicated workspace, wall-mounted flat screen, couch and leather chair. A powder room is also located off the den for added convenience.
Both bedrooms and full bathrooms are located on the second level. The main bedroom features a king bed, flat screen TV, private balcony and a en-suite bathroom with double vanity and enormous tiled walk-in shower. The guest bedroom has a bespoke bunk bed with a full bed on the bottom and a twin on the top. This room also has a flat screen TV and a private bath with a huge vanity and a tiled tub/shower combination.
This property sleeps 6, 4 adults only.
The Ocean Breeze complex is pet friendly, has a swimming pool that is open from April through October, complimentary on-site tennis, and is only a short walk to the beach. All beach distances are measured from the center of the complex. 2 car passes are allowed per villa.
A non-returnable fee of $225.00 per pet plus tax is required if you are bringing a pet. Max is 2 dogs; 75 pounds per dog.
Forest Beach stretches along the Atlantic Ocean between the Shipyard and Sea Pines communities on Hilton Head Island. Bicycle paths and neighborhood lanes on North and South Forest Beach eventually draw one to Coligny Plaza, the hub of the Forest Beach area. While competing with the natural beauty and lure of the beach, the plaza offers a variety of shopping, dining, and fun entertainment for the whole family.
For specials, promotions, deals and additional availability please contact our local Hilton Head Island sales agents at Sunset Units.
About the Area
This villa is located in South Forest Beach, a neighborhood in Hilton Head Island. Harbour Town Lighthouse and Stoney-Baynard Ruins are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Coligny Plaza and The Village at Wexford. The Sandbox and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets stay free
- Service animals welcome
Tips for getting the best Hilton Head vacation home experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Summertime is the most expensive season in Hilton Head. To find the best vacation home within budget, we recommend booking in Fall or Spring months. You'll benefit from lower rates, better selection, warm weather and the absence of giant crowds at popular Hilton Head attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Hilton Head area visitor guides which often include special deals, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Hilton Head visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to select the perfect rental home:
- Choose your vacation dates and maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration your family requires. Sunset Rentals
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is almost always available on booking pages. Otherwise, call the property management company before booking the home. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to work out what is right for your vacation family.
- Are you visiting for a specific event or attraction? Try a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
- Traveling with pets? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Pet fees or may be applied to your contract.
More considerations for your visit:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the directions to your smartphone.
- Document any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately contact the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are useful if a dispute is filed.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respect your neighbors. Often times, surrounding homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Keep your rental home locked while you're away! Don't let thieves ruin your holiday.
- At departure, take a final walk-through to confirm you have not forget any personal items. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property one final time and scan for damage. We advise inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the manager is not available, ensure that you take photos and video of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a wonderful vacation? Most rental websites make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property management company was fantastic, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.