- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Childs Highchair
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Pool
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Spa Whirlpool
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyIdeal holiday location! Two min. walk to tennis and pickleball courts, eateries and golf on award winning Palmetto Dunes Plantation. Back yard heaven with 30' heated pool with spa, golf putting green, outdoor space, screened porch and second level sun outdoor space. Cavernous interior with 5 bedrooms finished in gracious Southern magic. Loads of extras including 7 bicycles, 2 kayaks, enormous Weber grille, hammock, tons of beach chairs and pool toys.
Sunny vaulted family room with 55' flat screen intelligent TV. Huge, well supplied 20' kitchen with stainless steel appliances. The dining room seats 6 with an adjoining breakfast room seating 6. The bedrooms include Charleston Summerville master suite with a king bed and private bath with furnishings quality granite double sink. The Augusta Room has a queen bed and shares a Jack and Jill bath with granite double sink with the Nautical Room which has 2 twin beds. Completing the downstairs is a half bath with granite sink convenient o the pool area and a sitting area with a hand colored Charleston mural. Upstairs is the Hemingway Room with a queen bed and private access to the sundeck overlooking the pool. This room also has a Striking sleeping nook with toddler bed. The fifth bedroom is the Lighthouse Keepers Cottage including twin beds. Completing the upstairs is a full bath.
We are third row sea so a appealing brief 2 min. walk across a wooded lot from the pool area brings you to the shorefront homes and private beach. For outdoor calming you'll find 2 dining areas - an umbrella table for 6 and an elevated bar table for 4. For sun worshipers there are 6 poolside chaise appealing chairs and 2 chaise lounges on the second level sundeck. Adding to the fun is a synthetic professional grade putting green, lighthouse corn hole game, rope hammock and box full of pool and beach toys. Outdoor shower, adult 2 person kayak, youth single person kayak and 4 adult bicycles + 3 modest children's bicycles for exploring the island. For your indoor entertainment we have 6 TVs, DVDs, VCRs, toy chest full of fun toys, games and books.
Pool and or spa can he heated for an additional fee. These are 'Owner Direct' prices!
Only 100 yards to the beach!
- Many property owners and vacation rental properties provide Hilton Head area travel discount magazines which feature coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or utilizing a relationship between the management company and the local business itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, since this allows travelers to discover the same fantastic activities at a substantial discounted.
- Want to stay away from crowds and cut costs? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak prices.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few rental companies offer price savings to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are essentially designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it is beachfront units with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. If there's a particular Hilton Head atteaction that you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides guests reimbursement of their rental costs for any missed resulting from medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to learn how many rentals are offered in Hilton Head. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available makes it possible to find an ideal getaway to suit their Hilton Head group, from calm condos to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners often choose management companies to assist with marketing and advertising, house cleaning and maintenance.
Seasoned Hilton Head vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most beginners will be delighted to realize that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where to search.
Finding and booking the perfect rental home:
Do you believe "2 Min Walk 2 Beach, Pvt Heated Pool, SPA, Putting Green, Bikes, Kayak, Sun Deck" is the perfect rental for your upcoming family vacation? Read this guide to ensure it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Hilton Head rental homes start booking very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental home..
Decide on a Town and Date
Oftentimes, the toughest part of preparing for your vacation is deciding where to search, and when. After the big decisions are hammered out, everything else will be simplier and easier.
Decide on a Size
Confirm who is traveling, and just how many/what kind of bedroom setup you will need. Remember that that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Most rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Commit to a Budget
The majority of rentals are advertised with a price range. Confirm the price for your preferred stay. It could be at the high end of the range. If a few groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure everyone understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most of the time, one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each party's contribution.
What amenities is the family looking for? Is a screened deck a necessity? Do you wish to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental rate? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate filter your search.
In some cases the older generation has trouble with stairways. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Do not forget to include your companion! Even though many rentals allow animals, guidelines and charges vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds can be restricted. Ensure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
It Is Time to Search
After the area, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Hilton Head local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from offering exclusive properties, local companies provide fantastic service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the home has everything required. If it is lacking, the rental management company may know of very similar properties that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective through the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Read The Contract
Read through the full agreement and be certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular charge, guests have to pay state taxes when booking "2 Min Walk 2 Beach, Pvt Heated Pool, SPA, Putting Green, Bikes, Kayak, Sun Deck", along with any other additional fees that may be mandatory based upon their situation, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you comfort should disaster strike.
Once you believe you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. Contact the rental manager right away to report your observations. This will protect against conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or spa. Call your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Remember to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Check to make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep every room in the home for left-behind possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, decks, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Most rental property websites ask for comments after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing ratings. If something went wrong, we suggest being understanding but genuine in regards to your stay. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to rectify the problem.
Use Your Experience
Did everyone have a great time? Hopefully everything was perfect and you are excited to re-book the same rental home for next year. Otherwise, you've acquired valuable experience to aid with your next search.
- Driessen Beach Park - 2.4 miles
- Coligny Park - 2.7 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 2.8 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.3 miles
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve - 4.5 miles
- Lawton Stables - 4.7 miles
- Fort Howell - 4.7 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 5.0 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 4.1 miles