- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Outdoor Lighting
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
About this PropertyLocated in Palmetto Dunes, 49 Off Shore is a sizable and attractively finished 4 Bedroom, 4 Bath home with huge private pool and hot tub. Also on the unit is a private sitting dock overlooking a enormous lagoon. A laid-back walk to the beach in 12-15 mins.; or by car, about 5 to 7 mins., with parking at the Dunes House. You'll adore the mid island much to do and see! Shopping - Eateries - Entertainment..
Free Activities Supplied! Play a round of golf, discover Hilton Head on bicycle or even bring out your inner kid with a round of putt-putt golf! To enhance your holiday experience, Holiday Homes of Hilton Head includes our signature Southern Hospitality Pass, which means all of the above activities are COMPLIMENTARY. Contact us today to learn more about the complimentary fun included with this Holiday Homes of Hilton Head rental! (1 pass for each activity per group, passes expire daily. 1 bicycle per reservation).
49 Off Shore, Hilton Head Island, SC
First Floor: Kitchen adjoins Hearth Room with fireplace; Breakfast Area off Kitchen with a Reading Nook; Living Room, Formal Dining Room with
Formal Sitting Area; Modest TV Room and Office area with twin couch sleeper, next to the Laundry Room.
Bedroom 1: First Floor, Master Suite, King Bed, Bathroom (Whirlpool Tub and Shower), Private Sitting Area, TV
Bedroom 2: First Floor, Queen Bed, TV, Full Bath,
Bedroom 3: First Floor, Double Bed and Twin Bed, Full Bath
Bedroom 4: Second Floor, King Bed, Couch Sleeper, TV, Bath, (Shower)
Ground Level: Pool and Hot Tub, Gas Grille; also a sitting dock overlooking the lagoon.
Pool Dimensions: 28' x 12'
*Pool can be heated for an additional $500/week to a max. of 88 degrees. Pool heat must be added to your reservation at least 30 days prior to arrival. Please note that we do not heat the pool Memorial Day- Mid September*
2 Dogs Max ($200/ each dog up to 50lbs)
**Palmetto Dunes Buggy is a COMPLIMENTARY on demand and door to door shuttle to the beach and Shelter Cove Marina, Stores, and Eateries. This Shuttle runs from April through September.
2 Dog Max (each dog up to 50lbs) $200 Per Pet Per Week
**Please note that Palmetto Dunes Car Passes are $30/ week per car and $50 per car for reservations 8-15 days. Guests MUST call at time of renting for add car passes to the reservation***
NOTE: If you are renting on a third event site such as Vacation Rental By Owner or HomeAway - you are subject Holiday Homes of Hilton Head's cancellation policy ** please contact Holiday Homes of Hilton Head for more information:
Cancellations are subject to a 4% (of the total) cancellation fee.*
Cancellations made 90 days or more in advance of arrival, will receive full refund less 4% (of the total).
Cancellations made 31-89 days in advance of arrival, will forfeit the full 50% deposit paid to date.
Cancellations made 30 days or less in advance of arrival, will receive no refunds.
*If you buy travel insurance, this schedule would not apply. The travel insurance company would file the claim and give any applicable refunds. You must let us know with 48 hours that you have filed a claim with the travel insurance for cancellation. Travel Insurance can be bought at any time subject to a 4% credit card fee*
NOTE: Guests without travel insurance will not receive a refund or reimbursement for weather, hurricanes, mandatory and/ or voluntary evacuations, etc. Please contact us for questions regarding coverage and to buy this protection plan.
To secure a reservation, we require a 50% deposit upfront and the balance payment due thirty days prior to arrival via *E-Check (*domestic accounts only) or Visa, Master, Find or American Express card. If you buy Travel Insurance, the policy must be paid for IN FULL at the time of buy/ renting.
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus offer promotional tourism guide books with special deals for lodging, dining and activities. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Willing to alter your travel dates? The off-peak seasons will offer phenomenal rates on weekly rentals.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or repeat visitors to the same rental. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rental homes are practically catered to specific guests, whether it's soundside rentals with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and interesting attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners generally offer their customers an opportunity to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You might be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many rental homes are available at your destination. With such a big selection, clients are certain to come across a vacation home which matches their wishes and budget.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and practical knowledge to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Hilton Head vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most newcomers will be delighted to find that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should search.
Where to find and book the best rental property:
Before you book "4BR Near Ocean, Private Pool & Hot Tub Pet Friendly, Snow Birds Paradise!", go through our brief checklist of issues to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Hilton Head vacation homes start booking early. To ensure the greatest selection of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Hilton Head vacation home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer escapes..
Choose a Village and Date
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of organizing your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, everything else becomes easier.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Confirm who is traveling, and how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you should have. Remember that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the group. Most rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Check to make sure "4BR Near Ocean, Private Pool & Hot Tub Pet Friendly, Snow Birds Paradise!" fits your budget *during your desired week*. If many individuals or families are sharing the cost, make sure that each group understands their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental agreements require a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Do you want a rental home with outdoor dining area? Do you desire to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Will the unit have bicycles and beach toys available for use during your stay? Make a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Special Factors to consider
Elderly guests will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Pets are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but policies can vary. Read your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Its Time to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Hilton Head local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Besides offering exceptional properties, local companies provide top-notch service..
Re-read the description to be certain the vacation rental has everything that you need. If something is missing, the rental home management company might know of very similar homes that suit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study The Agreement
Read the whole agreement and be sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard charge, travelers will have to pay local taxes when booking "4BR Near Ocean, Private Pool & Hot Tub Pet Friendly, Snow Birds Paradise!", as well as any other additional fees that may be mandatory depending on their situation, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Be sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any problems right after you arrive. If you discover problems, or if fixes are required contact the home manager immediately. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts should be helpful.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Local people will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Most vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit renters to offer comments. If your property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but genuine regarding your experience. Top owners and managers will try hard to rectify the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. Did everybody have a great time? We hope this guide steered you to a great rental unit. If the property was not ideal, and you will better recognize how to improve your search for the next vacation.
- Driessen Beach Park - 1.8 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 2.2 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 2.5 miles
- Coligny Park - 3.3 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.9 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 4.2 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.5 miles
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve - 4.9 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.2 miles