- As low as $83/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hiking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near coin laundry
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Security system
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 980 sq ft (91 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 980 square feet
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
Family-friendly fun and unbeatable convenience abound at this newly updated Tanglewood condo. Beach days, shopping and dining at Coligny Plaza, and community entertainment at Lowcountry Celebration Park are all just steps away from this inviting coastal escape. Appreciate bicycle trails close by for outdoor fun and exploration, and tennis and pickleball courts are also close in the area for more recreation.
Savor vistas of the shining on-site pool from your private deck and kick back on the living room sectional to stream your favorite shows and movies on the intelligent TV. The full kitchen features all-new counters and a gleaming suite of updated stainless steel appliances for efficiently handling home cooking. For those who want to work remotely, there is a great desk area in the unit as well. Additional perks include foldable beach chairs and a wagon for hauling gear. Home essentials include central air-conditioning, complimentary WiFi, and a private washer/dryer for exhilarating for the next day’s adventures.
THINGS TO KNOW
Streaming TV services require guest accounts to access.
Smoking and vaping are not allowed.
This property is managed by Vacasa Vacation Units of Hilton Head Island LLC.
Parking notes: There is complimentary parking available for 1 car.
This rental is located on floor 1.
Security camera details: Camera located on front porch facing front door.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.) The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 25 years of age to book. Guests under 25 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
City/town permit number: 072072
City/town permit number: 31922
About the Area
Located near the beach, this condo is in South Forest Beach, a neighborhood in Hilton Head Island. Harbour Town Lighthouse and Stoney-Baynard Ruins are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Sea Pines Forest Preserve and Newhall Audubon Nature Preserve. The Sandbox and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to book the best rental experience:
Finding the best value:
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of SC. Reserve your Hilton Head vacation home in Fall or Spring months to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Booking websites usually offer renters an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Find a copy of your local Hilton Head area magazine upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitor guides contain deals for local tours and attractions.
How to select the perfect rental in the Hilton Head area:
- Select dates and max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your group requires. Renovated Coligny condo with pool, deck, & AC - walk to beach, shops, & dining has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Hilton Head vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is regularly available on booking pages. Otherwise, call the host before booking your rental. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to work out what configuration is suitable for your vacation.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and some don't. Acceptable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Visiting for a single attraction? Try a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
More considerations for your visit:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the directions to your smartphone.
- Hosts are there to help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are gone, just like you would back home.
- Document any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately contact the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are helpful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud visitors bothering your peaceful home life. Use the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would have never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Double-check every room of the rental property to confirm that you've packed everything at departure. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property owners rely on great reviews to inspire more reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your feedback find their best vacation rental. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.