- 6 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- Game Room
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWelcome to 10 Iron Clad, a gorgeous multi-level, sea front home in the award-winning Palmetto Dunes Resort. With breath taking sea vistas from nearly every room, your family is sure to appreciate their beach holiday. A one million dollar modernization was finished during the summer of 2017 by award-winning builders, Cameron and Cameron and interior design by Kelly Caron. With renovations revamping the entire home, including kitchen, bathroom, floor, upper outdoor space and new furnishings, 10 Iron Clad represents the most exemplary that Hilton Head has to offer. This "brand-new" home has wood floor on all levels with charming tile in all bathrooms.
When you enter into the open entryway, you are greeted by ceiling to floor windows that offer extraordinary vistas of the sea. Off to the right of the entry, you will find a queen bedroom with a mounted flat screen TV and walk-in shower with subway tiles. The California King bedroom also has a mounted flat screen TV and a walk-in shower with penny tiles and direct sea vistas. Take a few steps down from the king bedroom and you will enter into the sea view bunk bed room that has a full bed on the bottom and a twin XL on the top. This room also has its own full bathroom with a sizable walk-in shower. On this level, you will also find a seating area with a 48" flat screen TV that has a brand new sectional couch that pulls out into a queen sleeper bed.
To the left of the entryway you will find two more bedrooms. The California King bedroom has a mounted flat screen TV and direct vistas of the sea. This bedroom has an attached walk-in shower with penny tiles. The other bedroom has two twin beds, each with a trundle, and has its own walk-in shower. Between these two rooms is a game room with a foosball table, full-size stainless steel refrigerator and sink. Attached to this room is the laundry room which has brand new Electrolux front-loading washer and dryer.
If you make your way up the wooden stairs you will be greeted on the second level with floor to ceiling windows looking out onto the beach. The second level has three sitting areas. The living room has brand-new seating for 8 as you have direct sea vistas through the enormous windows. The family room has a new chaise lounge sectional with a 65” UltraHD TV. The third sitting area on the second level is a reading nook that is a split level up from the family room and is the ideal place to nestle into a good rent. Upstairs, you will also find the master king bedroom with wrap around windows that accept you to see the sea from any angle. The master bathroom has stone floor and quartz countertops, two separate vanities, a stand up shower with two shower heads, and a floating BainUltra Thermomasseur tub.
Also located on the second floor is the dining room that seats eight, with additional seating for four at the breakfast table. The dining room also has a wet bar with a hammered nickel sink. The freshly modernized kitchen offers vibrant blue and white bespoke cabinets with quartz countertops. The bespoke paneled Liebherr refrigerator has freezer drawers. The new stainless steel 6-burner gas range and convection oven will accept your chef to create meals and memories while looking out on the Atlantic. A generous farmhouse sink and bespoke paneled dishwasher make tidy-up a wind. The kitchen is supplied with all new appliances and new preparing silverware. A prepare's dream kitchen!
The outdoor space off the second-level includes new travertine floor and a new constructed-in stainless still DCS gas grille with attached countertop space for your grille master. Savor that grilled meal on the outdoor Polywood dining table that seats six as you savor the cool sea wind. Adore your morning coffee out on the balcony where you can sit in the rocking chairs. Listen to the sounds of the waves and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic. Closely watch to see if you can catch the dolphins swimming their path up and down the shore from your perch.
This dream home also has a full SONOS sound system that you can control from your own smartphone. With dedicated speakers in the master suite, kitchen, living room, family room, downstairs sitting area accept you to listen to your own favorite music in your own part of the home. Don’t forget music by the pool or upstairs outdoor space. There are speakers there too!
The pool can be heated for an additional charge. There is also an elevator that services all floors and can also be used for an additional charge.
Palmetto Dunes is a 2000 acre oceanfront resort that reaches from the 3 miles of white sandy beach, through 11 miles of lagoons, 3 golf courses, and 25 tennis courts, to the bikeway under highway 278 that provides access to the Shelter Cove Marina, stores, eateries, and mall.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental owners and vacation houses supply Hilton Head area promotional travel books that feature promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a relationship between the property manager and the local merchant itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, as this allows vacationers to discover those fantastic attractions with a typically significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to switch your trip dates? The off-peak seasons frequently offer phenomenal rates on daily rental accommodations.
- Several vacation rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or returning visitors of the same rental. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a reduced price.
- Is there a certain activity that you are most anticipating during your stay? You will definitely get the most value from a home which most directly matches your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are often shocked at the range and wide range of weekly rentals available in the Hilton Head area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their properties, management companies are critical in helping families with making reservations, checking-in, housekeeping, and any routine service problems that may occur.
We have assembled a short guide to assist you in getting most from your rental home experience.
Where to find and book the best rental home:
Before you book "10 Iron Clad- Luxury Ocean Front Home, 6 Br, 6.5 Ba- Private Beach Access", review our short checklist of things to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Hilton Head rental properties book months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the best choice of rental homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Hilton Head rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home..
Decide on a Village and Date
Consensus can often be difficult between family members, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
How Much Rental home Do You Actually Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that a lot of homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of rentals are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your desired stay. It might be at the high end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before reserving an expensive rental property. Most rental documents call for a single person to be responsible for the full reservation.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What property features is the family searching for? Is a screened porch a requirement? Will the unit need to be beach front, in town, or near night life? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys for use throughout your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Optimal accessibility could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Do not forget to include your best friend! Dog policies are different at each rental property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be limited. Don't forget to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Start the Search
Once the location, time and family members are decided, search multiple sources to find the best rental home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Hilton Head local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Besides having exceptional rental properties, local companies offer excellent service..
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental home management company may know of comparable properties that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak season offers your best chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Read Through The Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your price includes all taxes and fees.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congratulations on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear immediately after you arrive. If you discover damages, or if repairs are required call the home manager straight away. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be valuable.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call eliminates many headaches.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best spots for shopping?
- Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep every room in the house for left-behind items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, porches, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to verify no property damage occurred during your stay. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Most rental home management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to offer feedback. If your property and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your praise. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you'll want to note that in your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did everybody have a great time? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation rental. Maybe the rental property was not perfect, and you will better recognize how to perfect your search for the next time.
- Driessen Beach Park - 1.6 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 1.9 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.1 miles
- Coligny Park - 3.5 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.9 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 4.2 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.9 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.3 miles