- 6 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Game Room
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWelcome to 10 Iron Clad, a handsome multi-level, sea front home in the award-winning Palmetto Dunes Resort. With breath taking sea vistas from nearly every room, your family is sure to savor their beach holiday. A one million dollar modernization was freshly finished by award-winning builders, Element Construction and interior design by Kelly Caron. With renovations revamping the entire home, including kitchen, bathroom, floor, upper outdoor space and new furnishings, 10 Iron Clad represents the most exemplary that Hilton Head has to offer. This "brand-new" home has wood floor on all levels with impeccable tile in all bathrooms.
When you enter into the open entryway, you are greeted by ceiling to floor windows that offer extraordinary vistas of the sea. Off to the right of the entry, you will find a queen bedroom with a mounted flat screen TV and walk-in shower with subway tiles. The California King bedroom also has a mounted flat screen TV and a walk-in shower with penny tiles and direct sea vistas. Take a few steps down from the king bedroom and you will enter into the sea view bunk bed room that has a full bed on the bottom and a twin XL on the top. This room also has its own full bathroom with a huge walk-in shower. On this level, you will also find a seating area with a 48" flat screen TV that has a brand new sectional couch that pulls out into a queen sleeper bed.
To the left of the entryway you will find two more bedrooms. The California King bedroom has a mounted flat screen TV and direct vistas of the sea. This bedroom has an attached walk-in shower with penny tiles. The other bedroom has two twin beds, each with a trundle, and has its own walk-in shower. Between these two rooms is a game room with a foosball table, full-size stainless steel refrigerator and sink. Attached to this room is the laundry room which has brand new Electrolux front-loading washer and dryer.
If you make your way up the wooden stairs you will be greeted on the second level with floor to ceiling windows looking out onto the beach. The second level has three sitting areas. The living room has brand-new seating for 8 as you have direct sea vistas through the sizable windows. The family room has a new chaise lounge sectional with a 65” UltraHD TV. The third sitting area on the second level is a reading nook that is a split level up from the family room and is the ideal place to nestle into a good rent. Upstairs, you will also find the master king bedroom with wrap around windows that accept you to see the sea from any angle. The master bathroom has stone floor and quartz countertops, two separate vanities, a stand up shower with two shower heads, and a floating BainUltra Thermomasseur tub.
Also located on the second floor is the dining room that seats eight, with additional seating for four at the breakfast table. The dining room also has a wet bar with a hammered nickel sink. The newly refreshed kitchen offers vibrant blue and white bespoke cabinets with quartz countertops. The bespoke paneled Liebherr refrigerator has freezer drawers. The new stainless steel 6-burner gas range and convection oven will accept your chef to create meals and memories while looking out on the Atlantic. A sizable farmhouse sink and bespoke paneled dishwasher make tidy-up a wind. The kitchen is supplied with all new appliances and new preparing silverware. A prepare's dream kitchen!
The outdoor space off the second-level includes new travertine floor and a new constructed-in stainless still DCS gas grille with attached countertop space for your grille master. Appreciate that grilled meal on the outdoor Polywood dining table that seats six as you appreciate the cool sea wind. Savor your morning coffee out on the balcony where you can sit in the rocking chairs. Listen to the sounds of the waves and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic. Closely watch to see if you can catch the dolphins swimming their path up and down the shore from your perch.
This dream home also has a full SONOS sound system that you can control from your own smartphone. With dedicated speakers in the master suite, kitchen, living room, family room, downstairs sitting area accept you to listen to your own favorite music in your own part of the home. Don’t forget music by the pool or upstairs outdoor space. There are speakers there too!
The pool can be heated for an additional charge. There is also an elevator that services all floors and can also be used for an additional charge.
**** Please note that since this unit is often uninhabited for periods of time, we have installed Nest cameras. The Nest cameras inside are located in the kitchen, upstairs living room and downstairs living room. These cameras WILL be deactivated when visitors are present. There are NO devices in bedrooms, bathrooms, or any other indoor space. We also have security cameras that capture the driveway in the front and the backyard and pool area. These cameras are for the security of the unit. If you wish to have these cameras disabled during your stay, please let us know.
Palmetto Dunes is a 2000 acre oceanfront resort that reaches from the 3 miles of white sandy beach, through 11 miles of lagoons, 3 golf courses, and 25 tennis courts, to the bikeway under highway 278 that provides access to the Shelter Cove Marina, stores, eateries, and mall.
- Many property owners and vacation houses provide Hilton Head area traveller discount catalogs that feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by vendors, or via a relationship between the management company and the itself. Search for these books and promotional books, since this allows travelers to take advantage of those fantastic activities with a significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to modify your travel dates? Shoulder seasons special offer impressive prices.
- Many management companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or returning visitors of the same vacation home. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a special offer.
- Some vacation rentals are practically catered to particular clients, whether it's beachfront rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are surprised to discover just how many properties are offered in Hilton Head. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an ideal getaway to suit their Hilton Head family, from peaceful condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all rental properties in Hilton Head are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their properties, management companies are critical in helping guests with booking, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as maintenance problems that may arise.
Here are some ideas and suggestions to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the perfect rental property:
Do you believe "10 Iron Clad- Luxury Ocean Front Home, 6 Br, 6.5 Ba- Private Beach Access" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming family vacation? Read this guide to ensure it fits your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Hilton Head rentals start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months prior to your vacation. A lot of families prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Settle on your Town and Vacation Week
Quite often, the hardest part of preparing for your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest is simpler.
Select a Size
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Keep in mind that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Pay?
Does your preferred rental property suit your budget during that popular Summer week? If many individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure everybody knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is the group interested in? Do you primarily want a home with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are bedsheets included with the rental contract, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Special Things to consider
Do certain members of your crew have specific needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all property postings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the crew traveling with a pet dog? While many rentals permit household pets, guidelines and fees vary per property. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be limited. Read your agreement very carefully! Additional charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Start the Search
Once the place, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the best vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Hilton Head local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Entire Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard rate, vacationers will have to pay state taxes when booking "10 Iron Clad- Luxury Ocean Front Home, 6 Br, 6.5 Ba- Private Beach Access", as well as various other additional fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Property management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you reassurance should disaster strike.
Reserve your Rental Property
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your trip.
Good job on booking your vacation home! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. We also suggest promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many headaches.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents probably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Make sure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Clean up a bit. Even if you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The vacation rental really should be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dishes, substantial beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should be remedied before you leave.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Many vacation rental websites request comments after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If anything was disagreeable and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you should note that as part of your critique.
Did they like the rental home? Hopefully everything ended up being fantastic and you're happy to re-book the rental home for next year. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable rental search experience to help with another search.
- Driessen Beach Park - 1.6 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 1.9 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.1 miles
- Coligny Park - 3.5 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.9 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 4.2 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.9 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.3 miles