- Hilton Head
- 6 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWelcome to 10 Iron Clad, a elegant multi-level, sea front home in the award-winning Palmetto Dunes Resort. With breath taking sea vistas from nearly every room, your family is sure to adore their beach holiday. A one million dollar remodel was finished during the summer of 2017 by award-winning builders, Cameron and Cameron and interior design by Kelly Caron. With renovations revamping the entire home, including kitchen, bathroom, floor, upper outdoor space and new furnishings, 10 Iron Clad represents the choice that Hilton Head has to offer. This "brand-new" home has wood floor on all levels with impeccable tile in all bathrooms.
When you enter into the open entryway, you are greeted by ceiling to floor windows that offer extraordinary vistas of the sea. Off to the right of the entryway, you will find a queen bedroom with a mounted flat screen TV and walk-in shower with subway tiles. The California King bedroom also has a mounted flat screen TV and a walk-in shower with penny tiles and direct sea vistas. Take a few steps down from the king bedroom and you will enter into the sea view bunk bed room that has a full bed on the bottom and a twin XL on the top. This room also has its own full bathroom with a sizable walk-in shower. On this level, you will also find a seating area with a 48" flat screen TV that has a brand new sectional couch that pulls out into a queen sleeper bed.
To the left of the entry you will find two more bedrooms. The California King bedroom has a mounted flat screen TV and direct vistas of the sea. This bedroom has an attached walk-in shower with penny tiles. The other bedroom has two twin beds, each with a trundle, and has its own walk-in shower. Between these two rooms is a game room with a foosball table, full-size stainless steel refrigerator and sink. Attached to this room is the laundry room which has brand new Electrolux front-loading washer and dryer.
If you make your way up the wooden stairs you will be greeted on the second level with floor to ceiling windows looking out onto the beach. The second level has three sitting areas. The living room has brand-new seating for 8 as you have direct sea vistas through the enormous windows. The family room has a new chaise lounge sectional with a 65” UltraHD TV. The third sitting area on the second level is a reading nook that is a split level up from the family room and is the ideal place to nestle into a good rent. Upstairs, you will also find the master king bedroom with wrap around windows that accept you to see the sea from any angle. The master bathroom has stone floor and quartz countertops, two separate vanities, a stand up shower with two shower heads, and a floating BainUltra Thermomasseur tub.
Also located on the second floor is the dining room that seats eight, with additional seating for four at the breakfast table. The dining room also has a wet bar with a hammered nickel sink. The freshly modernized kitchen offers vibrant blue and white bespoke cabinets with quartz countertops. The bespoke paneled Liebherr refrigerator has freezer drawers. The new stainless steel 6-burner gas range and convection oven will accept your chef to create meals and memories while looking out on the Atlantic. A huge farmhouse sink and bespoke paneled dishwasher make tidy-up a wind. The kitchen is supplied with all new appliances and new preparing silverware. A prepare's dream kitchen!
The outdoor space off the second-level includes new travertine floor and a new constructed-in stainless still DCS gas grille with attached countertop space for your grille master. Savor that grilled meal on the outdoor Polywood dining table that seats six as you savor the cool sea wind. Appreciate your morning coffee out on the balcony where you can sit in the rocking chairs. Listen to the sounds of the waves and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic. Closely watch to see if you can catch the dolphins swimming their path up and down the shore from your perch.
This dream home also has a full SONOS sound system that you can control from your own smartphone. With dedicated speakers in the master suite, kitchen, living room, family room, downstairs sitting area accept you to listen to your own favorite music in your own part of the home. Don’t forget music by the pool or upstairs outdoor space. There are speakers there too!
The pool can be heated for an additional charge. There is also an elevator that services all floors and can also be used for an additional charge.
Palmetto Dunes is a 2000 acre oceanfront resort that reaches from the 3 miles of white sandy beach, through 11 miles of lagoons, 3 golf courses, and 25 tennis courts, to the bikeway under highway 278 that provides access to the Shelter Cove Marina, stores, eateries, and mall.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send tourism guides with special packages for vacation rentals, dining and attractions. These guides may provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds? Shoulder seasons provide terrific offers.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some property management companies offer discounted prices to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a special offer.
- Is there a specific experience you are mainly getting excited about during your stay? If there's a certain Hilton Head atteaction which you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance along with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be surprised to discover how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Hilton Head are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, technology and knowledge to provide simple and easy operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Hilton Head vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most newcomers will be happy to find that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you know where to search.
Finding and booking the right rental home:
Before you book "10 Iron Clad- Luxury Ocean Front Home, 6 Br, 6.5 Ba- Private Beach Access", read through our brief collection of factors to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Hilton Head vacation homes start booking very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home..
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Begin by determining which particular area of Hilton Head you would like to visit, and the determine travel dates.
Selecting an Adequately-Sized Rental property
How many relatives are joining your trip? Be aware that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. If not, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Does your preferred vacation property suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If several individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, be certain that each party knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Typically, one member of the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and recovering each person's contribution.
Rental Home Features
What home features is the group trying to find? Do you just want a rental with a swimming pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Are bedsheets included with the rental agreement, or do you need to take your own? Create a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Elderly guests will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the Third floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Most vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Deserves a Holiday, Too
Remember to include your furry family members. Although a number of rental homes permit pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Study your agreement carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
The best places to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match guests with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Hilton Head local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental management companies proudly offer an exceptional vacation experience.
When you've found your dream rental, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Your easiest prospects for a lower rate will be changing to an off-season week.
Study the Total Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular price, guests must pay state taxes when renting "10 Iron Clad- Luxury Ocean Front Home, 6 Br, 6.5 Ba- Private Beach Access", in addition to various other fees that may be required depending on their situation, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you need to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should disaster strike.
Book your Vacation Property
As soon as you think you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To ensure that no damages are linked to your stay, make a record of any problem areas of the property. If you find problems, or if fixes are required call the home manager immediately. This will protect against disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Natives will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of tips.
- Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Always make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Many vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit customers to offer feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything was unacceptable and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did everybody have a good time? Maybe everything ended up being fantastic and you are all set to re-book the rental home for next year. Otherwise, you have gained valuable experience to help with your next search.
- Driessen Beach Park - 1.6 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 1.9 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.1 miles
- Coligny Park - 3.5 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.9 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 4.2 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.9 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.3 miles