- 6 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWelcome to 10 Iron Clad, a gorgeous multi-level, sea front home in the award-winning Palmetto Dunes Resort. With breath taking sea vistas from nearly every room, your family is sure to relish their beach holiday. A one million dollar modernization was finished during the summer of 2017 by award-winning builders, Cameron and Cameron and interior design by Kelly Caron. With renovations revamping the entire home, including kitchen, bathroom, floor, upper outdoor space and new furnishings, 10 Iron Clad represents the peerless that Hilton Head has to offer. This "brand-new" home has wood floor on all levels with polished tile in all bathrooms.
When you enter into the open entryway, you are greeted by ceiling to floor windows that offer extraordinary vistas of the sea. Off to the right of the entryway, you will find a queen bedroom with a mounted flat screen TV and walk-in shower with subway tiles. The California King bedroom also has a mounted flat screen TV and a walk-in shower with penny tiles and direct sea vistas. Take a few steps down from the king bedroom and you will enter into the sea view bunk bed room that has a full bed on the bottom and a twin XL on the top. This room also has its own full bathroom with a sizable walk-in shower. On this level, you will also find a seating area with a 48" flat screen TV that has a brand new sectional couch that pulls out into a queen sleeper bed.
To the left of the entry you will find two more bedrooms. The California King bedroom has a mounted flat screen TV and direct vistas of the sea. This bedroom has an attached walk-in shower with penny tiles. The other bedroom has two twin beds, each with a trundle, and has its own walk-in shower. Between these two rooms is a game room with a foosball table, full-size stainless steel refrigerator and sink. Attached to this room is the laundry room which has brand new Electrolux front-loading washer and dryer.
If you make your way up the wooden stairs you will be greeted on the second level with floor to ceiling windows looking out onto the beach. The second level has three sitting areas. The living room has brand-new seating for 8 as you have direct sea vistas through the enormous windows. The family room has a new chaise lounge sectional with a 65” UltraHD TV. The third sitting area on the second level is a reading nook that is a split level up from the family room and is the ideal place to nestle into a good rent. Upstairs, you will also find the master king bedroom with wrap around windows that accept you to see the sea from any angle. The master bathroom has stone floor and quartz countertops, two separate vanities, a stand up shower with two shower heads, and a floating BainUltra Thermomasseur tub.
Also located on the second floor is the dining room that seats eight, with additional seating for four at the breakfast table. The dining room also has a wet bar with a hammered nickel sink. The newly modernized kitchen offers vibrant blue and white bespoke cabinets with quartz countertops. The bespoke paneled Liebherr refrigerator has freezer drawers. The new stainless steel 6-burner gas range and convection oven will accept your chef to create meals and memories while looking out on the Atlantic. A generous farmhouse sink and bespoke paneled dishwasher make tidy-up a wind. The kitchen is outfitted with all new appliances and new preparing silverware. A prepare's dream kitchen!
The outdoor space off the second-level includes new travertine floor and a new constructed-in stainless still DCS gas grille with attached countertop space for your grille master. Adore that grilled meal on the outdoor Polywood dining table that seats six as you savor the cool sea wind. Appreciate your morning coffee out on the balcony where you can sit in the rocking chairs. Listen to the sounds of the waves and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic. Closely watch to see if you can catch the dolphins swimming their path up and down the shore from your perch.
This dream home also has a full SONOS sound system that you can control from your own smartphone. With dedicated speakers in the master suite, kitchen, living room, family room, downstairs sitting area accept you to listen to your own favorite music in your own part of the home. Don’t forget music by the pool or upstairs outdoor space. There are speakers there too!
The pool can be heated for an additional charge. There is also an elevator that services all floors and can also be used for an additional charge.
Palmetto Dunes is a 2000 acre oceanfront resort that reaches from the 3 miles of white sandy beach, through 11 miles of lagoons, 3 golf courses, and 25 tennis courts, to the bikeway under highway 278 that provides access to the Shelter Cove Marina, stores, eateries, and mall.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will offer you printed guide books with special deals for accommodations, dining and activities. Look for these guides and discount books, as this allows travelers to discover the very same great attractions with a often considerable discounted.
- Are the vacation dates flexible? The off-peak seasons can offer great rates on weekly rental properties.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the Military, or repeat guests to the same vacation home. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discounted price.
- Is there a particular activity that you are most getting excited about during your stay? Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and points of interest you are most interested in.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed due to health related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
Newcomers are oftentimes shocked at the number and wide selection of weekly properties available in the Hilton Head area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all rentals in Hilton Head are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their rental, management companies are critical in helping vacationers with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping services, and any maintenance problems that may occur.
Seasoned Hilton Head vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental properties, however many novices will be delighted to know that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to search.
Where to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Do you think "10 Iron Clad- Luxury Ocean Front Home, 6 Br, 6.5 Ba- Private Beach Access" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming visit? Read this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Hilton Head the best vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months in advance is recommended, when possible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer vacations..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Sometimes, the most challenging portion of preparing for your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. When the big decisions are tackled, everything else becomes simpler.
Just How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
Determine who is traveling, and just how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Keep in mind that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Pay?
Check to make sure "10 Iron Clad- Luxury Ocean Front Home, 6 Br, 6.5 Ba- Private Beach Access" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, check to make sure each group knows their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. One member of your party will need to be given the task of collecting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental price at time of booking.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the family interested in? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in town, or close to wildlife? Are bed sheets included with the rental agreement, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Do a few members of your party have specialized needs? Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Don't forget to include your companion! Dog policies are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Ensure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
Many internet resources exist to match vacationers with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Hilton Head local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a top-quality rental experience.
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the rental management company may know of similar properties that better fit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read Through The Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
If you want to Cancel
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers reassurance should disaster strike.
Reserve your Rental
Once you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. Contact the property manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call helps prevent many complications.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. More often than not, nearby properties are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation a good deal more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of advice. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- When your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to verify no damage occurred in the course of your remain. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many rental management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to provide feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything was disagreeable and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point in your critique.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. Did everybody have a great time? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning is going to be easy. If not, you've acquired invaluable rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Driessen Beach Park - 1.6 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 1.9 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.1 miles
- Coligny Park - 3.5 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.9 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 4.2 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.9 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.3 miles