- Hilton Head
- 6 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWelcome to 10 Iron Clad, a handsome multi-level, sea front home in the award-winning Palmetto Dunes Resort. With breath taking sea vistas from nearly every room, your family is sure to appreciate their beach holiday. A one million dollar remodel was finished during the summer of 2017 by award-winning builders, Cameron and Cameron and interior design by Kelly Caron. With renovations revamping the entire home, including kitchen, bathroom, floor, upper outdoor space and new furnishings, 10 Iron Clad represents the best that Hilton Head has to offer. This "brand-new" home has wood floor on all levels with gorgeous tile in all bathrooms.
When you enter into the open entryway, you are greeted by ceiling to floor windows that offer extraordinary vistas of the sea. Off to the right of the entryway, you will find a queen bedroom with a mounted flat screen TV and walk-in shower with subway tiles. The California King bedroom also has a mounted flat screen TV and a walk-in shower with penny tiles and direct sea vistas. Take a few steps down from the king bedroom and you will enter into the sea view bunk bed room that has a full bed on the bottom and a twin XL on the top. This room also has its own full bathroom with a enormous walk-in shower. On this level, you will also find a seating area with a 48" flat screen TV that has a brand new sectional couch that pulls out into a queen sleeper bed.
To the left of the entry you will find two more bedrooms. The California King bedroom has a mounted flat screen TV and direct vistas of the sea. This bedroom has an attached walk-in shower with penny tiles. The other bedroom has two twin beds, each with a trundle, and has its own walk-in shower. Between these two rooms is a game room with a foosball table, full-size stainless steel refrigerator and sink. Attached to this room is the laundry room which has brand new Electrolux front-loading washer and dryer.
If you make your way up the wooden stairs you will be greeted on the second level with floor to ceiling windows looking out onto the beach. The second level has three sitting areas. The living room has brand-new seating for 8 as you have direct sea vistas through the huge windows. The family room has a new chaise lounge sectional with a 65” UltraHD TV. The third sitting area on the second level is a reading nook that is a split level up from the family room and is the ideal place to nestle into a good rent. Upstairs, you will also find the master king bedroom with wrap around windows that accept you to see the sea from any angle. The master bathroom has stone floor and quartz countertops, two separate vanities, a stand up shower with two shower heads, and a floating BainUltra Thermomasseur tub.
Also located on the second floor is the dining room that seats eight, with additional seating for four at the breakfast table. The dining room also has a wet bar with a hammered nickel sink. The newly renovated kitchen offers vibrant blue and white bespoke cabinets with quartz countertops. The bespoke paneled Liebherr refrigerator has freezer drawers. The new stainless steel 6-burner gas range and convection oven will accept your chef to create meals and memories while looking out on the Atlantic. A generous farmhouse sink and bespoke paneled dishwasher make tidy-up a wind. The kitchen is supplied with all new appliances and new preparing silverware. A prepare's dream kitchen!
The outdoor space off the second-level includes new travertine floor and a new constructed-in stainless still DCS gas grille with attached countertop space for your grille master. Adore that grilled meal on the outdoor Polywood dining table that seats six as you relish the cool sea wind. Savor your morning coffee out on the balcony where you can sit in the rocking chairs. Listen to the sounds of the waves and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic. Closely watch to see if you can catch the dolphins swimming their path up and down the shore from your perch.
This dream home also has a full SONOS sound system that you can control from your own smartphone. With dedicated speakers in the master suite, kitchen, living room, family room, downstairs sitting area accept you to listen to your own favorite music in your own part of the home. Don’t forget music by the pool or upstairs outdoor space. There are speakers there too!
The pool can be heated for an additional charge. There is also an elevator that services all floors and can also be used for an additional charge.
Palmetto Dunes is a 2000 acre oceanfront resort that reaches from the 3 miles of white sandy beach, through 11 miles of lagoons, 3 golf courses, and 25 tennis courts, to the bikeway under highway 278 that provides access to the Shelter Cove Marina, stores, eateries, and mall.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many tourism bureaus supply printed travel guide books with deals for vacation rentals, restaurants and attractions. Search for these magazines and discount books, since this allows vacationers to discover those fantastic activities at a typically substantial discounted.
- Willing to alter your dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies provide special discounts to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a special offer.
- Some rentals are basically catered to particular visitors, whether it is soundside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. If there's a particular Hilton Head activity which you just love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners generally offer their clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed resulting from medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Many people are surprised to learn the number of vacation rentals can be found in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their Hilton Head family, from low-noise condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rentals in Hilton Head are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their rental, management companies are instrumental in helping vacationers with booking, check-in, housekeeping, as well as routine maintenance problems that may occur.
Here are some ideas and suggestions to help you navigate the rental home search and booking process.
How to find and book a great rental home:
Before you decide to book "10 Iron Clad- Luxury Ocean Front Home, 6 Br, 6.5 Ba- Private Beach Access", review our brief collection of issues to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Hilton Head rental homes start booking very early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months prior to a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Consensus can be tough between family, but the moment this challenging part is finished everything will start to drop in place.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Confirm who is going, and how many/what particular bedroom setup you need to have. Bear in mind that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. If not, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Have a Spending Limit
Does your favorite rental fit your budget during that popular Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to reserving a costly rental property. A single individual in your group needs to be given the task of getting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your group interested in? Do you simply want a home with a pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, in town, or in close proximity to shopping? Are items like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental home fee? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Appropriate access can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Make sure you include your furry family members. Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies can vary. Make sure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when animals are added.
Start your Search
As soon as the location, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Hilton Head local rental properties" for local property management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a superior vacation experience.
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of similar homes that fit your desires and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Entire Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before reserving. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides relief should catastrophe strike.
After you think you've identified "the one", start the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation home! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property right away. Contact the property manager right away to report your observations.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Often times, nearby households are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep each room in the house for left-behind possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Many vacation rental web sites ask for feedback after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but straightforward regarding your experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to solve the problem.
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they love their stay? If everything was wonderful, next year's trip planning will be simple. If not, you have acquired valuable rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Driessen Beach Park - 1.6 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 1.9 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.1 miles
- Coligny Park - 3.5 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.9 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 4.2 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.9 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.3 miles