- 6 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWelcome to 10 Iron Clad, a superb multi-level, sea front home in the award-winning Palmetto Dunes Resort. With breath taking sea vistas from nearly every room, your family is sure to relish their beach holiday. A one million dollar remodel was finished during the summer of 2017 by award-winning builders, Cameron and Cameron and interior design by Kelly Caron. With renovations revamping the entire home, including kitchen, bathroom, floor, upper outdoor space and new furnishings, 10 Iron Clad represents the most brilliant that Hilton Head has to offer. This "brand-new" home has wood floor on all levels with gorgeous tile in all bathrooms.
When you enter into the open entryway, you are greeted by ceiling to floor windows that offer extraordinary vistas of the sea. Off to the right of the entryway, you will find a queen bedroom with a mounted flat screen TV and walk-in shower with subway tiles. The California King bedroom also has a mounted flat screen TV and a walk-in shower with penny tiles and direct sea vistas. Take a few steps down from the king bedroom and you will enter into the sea view bunk bed room that has a full bed on the bottom and a twin XL on the top. This room also has its own full bathroom with a sizable walk-in shower. On this level, you will also find a seating area with a 48" flat screen TV that has a brand new sectional couch that pulls out into a queen sleeper bed.
To the left of the entry you will find two more bedrooms. The California King bedroom has a mounted flat screen TV and direct vistas of the sea. This bedroom has an attached walk-in shower with penny tiles. The other bedroom has two twin beds, each with a trundle, and has its own walk-in shower. Between these two rooms is a game room with a foosball table, full-size stainless steel refrigerator and sink. Attached to this room is the laundry room which has brand new Electrolux front-loading washer and dryer.
If you make your way up the wooden stairs you will be greeted on the second level with floor to ceiling windows looking out onto the beach. The second level has three sitting areas. The living room has brand-new seating for 8 as you have direct sea vistas through the huge windows. The family room has a new chaise lounge sectional with a 65” UltraHD TV. The third sitting area on the second level is a reading nook that is a split level up from the family room and is the ideal place to nestle into a good rent. Upstairs, you will also find the master king bedroom with wrap around windows that accept you to see the sea from any angle. The master bathroom has stone floor and quartz countertops, two separate vanities, a stand up shower with two shower heads, and a floating BainUltra Thermomasseur tub.
Also located on the second floor is the dining room that seats eight, with additional seating for four at the breakfast table. The dining room also has a wet bar with a hammered nickel sink. The freshly modernized kitchen offers vibrant blue and white bespoke cabinets with quartz countertops. The bespoke paneled Liebherr refrigerator has freezer drawers. The new stainless steel 6-burner gas range and convection oven will accept your chef to create meals and memories while looking out on the Atlantic. A sizable farmhouse sink and bespoke paneled dishwasher make tidy-up a wind. The kitchen is outfitted with all new appliances and new preparing silverware. A prepare's dream kitchen!
The outdoor space off the second-level includes new travertine floor and a new constructed-in stainless still DCS gas grille with attached countertop space for your grille master. Relish that grilled meal on the outdoor Polywood dining table that seats six as you appreciate the cool sea wind. Adore your morning coffee out on the balcony where you can sit in the rocking chairs. Listen to the sounds of the waves and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic. Closely watch to see if you can catch the dolphins swimming their path up and down the shore from your perch.
This dream home also has a full SONOS sound system that you can control from your own smartphone. With dedicated speakers in the master suite, kitchen, living room, family room, downstairs sitting area accept you to listen to your own favorite music in your own part of the home. Don’t forget music by the pool or upstairs outdoor space. There are speakers there too!
The pool can be heated for an additional charge. There is also an elevator that services all floors and can also be used for an additional charge.
Palmetto Dunes is a 2000 acre oceanfront resort that reaches from the 3 miles of white sandy beach, through 11 miles of lagoons, 3 golf courses, and 25 tennis courts, to the bikeway under highway 278 that provides access to the Shelter Cove Marina, stores, eateries, and mall.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property owners and vacation properties supply Hilton Head area travel discount books which include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by a partnership between the property manager and the local itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you can travel? The off-peak seasons typically offer fantastic rates on weekly rental properties.
- Are you a military veteran? Quite a few property management companies provide concessions to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some properties are primarily suited for specific groups of guests. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to music venues. You will definitely get the best value from a rental which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed resulting from health related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are sometimes shocked at the number and wide selection of short-term rental homes available in the Hilton Head area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an suitable retreat to fit their Hilton Head crew, from peaceful condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rental homes in Hilton Head are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they manage the promotion and operations..
Seasoned Hilton Head vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however many newcomers will be delighted to learn that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
Finding and reserving the best rental property:
Do you believe "10 Iron Clad- Luxury Ocean Front Home, 6 Br, 6.5 Ba- Private Beach Access" is the best vacation property for your next trip? Read this checklist to confirm it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Hilton Head rentals start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Many groups choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Pick a Town and Time
Consensus can often be difficult between family, but as soon as this difficult part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Select a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of rental homes are presented with a price range. Confirm the cost for your chosen trip. It could be at the high end of the range. If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, be certain that each party understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. A single member of your company must be given the task of getting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of booking.
Make a List of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What amenities is the group trying to find? Are you looking for a vacation property with outside lounge? Will the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or near night life? Does the property have bicycles and beach toys for use throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Suitable access could make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure you include your companion! Pet guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Many constraints might eliminate a potential rental property. Make sure to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
When the location, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources to get the best rental home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Hilton Head local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local companies usually have a unique collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Total Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health care emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Get Contact Details
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear immediately after you arrive. We also recommend promptly phoning the rental home manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any repairs. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be very helpful.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten items. Check bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Just about all rental home management companies and vacation rental websites allow renters to offer comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was terrific, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was unsatisfactory and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to note that in your feedback.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did everybody have a blast? Hopefully this guide helped you find a great home away from home. If the rental wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to improve your search for the next trip.
- Driessen Beach Park - 1.6 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 1.9 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.1 miles
- Coligny Park - 3.5 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.9 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 4.2 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.9 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.3 miles