- 6 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWelcome to 10 Iron Clad, a handsome multi-level, sea front home in the award-winning Palmetto Dunes Resort. With breath taking sea vistas from nearly every room, your family is sure to appreciate their beach holiday. A one million dollar modernization was finished during the summer of 2017 by award-winning builders, Cameron and Cameron and interior design by Kelly Caron. With renovations revamping the entire home, including kitchen, bathroom, floor, upper outdoor space and new furnishings, 10 Iron Clad represents the premium that Hilton Head has to offer. This "brand-new" home has wood floor on all levels with elegant tile in all bathrooms.
When you enter into the open entry, you are greeted by ceiling to floor windows that offer extraordinary vistas of the sea. Off to the right of the entryway, you will find a queen bedroom with a mounted flat screen TV and walk-in shower with subway tiles. The California King bedroom also has a mounted flat screen TV and a walk-in shower with penny tiles and direct sea vistas. Take a few steps down from the king bedroom and you will enter into the sea view bunk bed room that has a full bed on the bottom and a twin XL on the top. This room also has its own full bathroom with a sizable walk-in shower. On this level, you will also find a seating area with a 48" flat screen TV that has a brand new sectional couch that pulls out into a queen sleeper bed.
To the left of the entryway you will find two more bedrooms. The California King bedroom has a mounted flat screen TV and direct vistas of the sea. This bedroom has an attached walk-in shower with penny tiles. The other bedroom has two twin beds, each with a trundle, and has its own walk-in shower. Between these two rooms is a game room with a foosball table, full-size stainless steel refrigerator and sink. Attached to this room is the laundry room which has brand new Electrolux front-loading washer and dryer.
If you make your way up the wooden stairs you will be greeted on the second level with floor to ceiling windows looking out onto the beach. The second level has three sitting areas. The living room has brand-new seating for 8 as you have direct sea vistas through the huge windows. The family room has a new chaise lounge sectional with a 65” UltraHD TV. The third sitting area on the second level is a reading nook that is a split level up from the family room and is the ideal place to nestle into a good rent. Upstairs, you will also find the master king bedroom with wrap around windows that accept you to see the sea from any angle. The master bathroom has stone floor and quartz countertops, two separate vanities, a stand up shower with two shower heads, and a floating BainUltra Thermomasseur tub.
Also located on the second floor is the dining room that seats eight, with additional seating for four at the breakfast table. The dining room also has a wet bar with a hammered nickel sink. The freshly modernized kitchen offers vibrant blue and white bespoke cabinets with quartz countertops. The bespoke paneled Liebherr refrigerator has freezer drawers. The new stainless steel 6-burner gas range and convection oven will accept your chef to create meals and memories while looking out on the Atlantic. A generous farmhouse sink and bespoke paneled dishwasher make tidy-up a wind. The kitchen is supplied with all new appliances and new preparing silverware. A prepare's dream kitchen!
The outdoor space off the second-level includes new travertine floor and a new constructed-in stainless still DCS gas grille with attached countertop space for your grille master. Adore that grilled meal on the outdoor Polywood dining table that seats six as you adore the cool sea wind. Relish your morning coffee out on the balcony where you can sit in the rocking chairs. Listen to the sounds of the waves and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic. Closely watch to see if you can catch the dolphins swimming their path up and down the shore from your perch.
This dream home also has a full SONOS sound system that you can control from your own smartphone. With dedicated speakers in the master suite, kitchen, living room, family room, downstairs sitting area accept you to listen to your own favorite music in your own part of the home. Don’t forget music by the pool or upstairs outdoor space. There are speakers there too!
The pool can be heated for an additional charge. There is also an elevator that services all floors and can also be used for an additional charge.
Palmetto Dunes is a 2000 acre oceanfront resort that reaches from the 3 miles of white sandy beach, through 11 miles of lagoons, 3 golf courses, and 25 tennis courts, to the bikeway under highway 278 that provides access to the Shelter Cove Marina, stores, eateries, and mall.
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many established tourism bureaus will offer you promotional guide books with special packages for rental properties, restaurants and attractions. These guides provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Willing to alter your travel dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top prices.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of rental companies provide discount rates to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific types of vacationers. Event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to night life. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and landmarks you are most interested in.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental Advice
Many people are shocked to learn how many rental properties are offered in Hilton Head. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Hilton Head are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they manage the advertising and operations..
Below are some tips and strategies to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Where to find and reserve a great rental property:
Do you believe "10 Iron Clad- Luxury Ocean Front Home, 6 Br, 6.5 Ba- Private Beach Access" is the best vacation property for your next family vacation? Read this checklist to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Hilton Head vacation homes start booking very early. To ensure the best selection of rental homes, we suggest searching and booking your Hilton Head rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Select a Community and Date
Sometimes, the toughest portion of preparing for your trip is choosing where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, the rest is simplier and easier.
Choose a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Keep in mind that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Many rentals are advertised with a price range. Confirm the rate for your chosen week. It may be at the high end of the range. If a few individuals or families are sharing the cost, make certain each group understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental agreements require a single person to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Rental Home Features
What home features is your group trying to find? Are you looking for a vacation property with open-air kitchen? Will the unit need to be beach front, in town, or close to restaurants? Are sheets offered with the rental agreement, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Often times the older generation has trouble with stairways. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. Nearly all rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Think About Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your furrry friends. Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies differ. Examine your agreement carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
It Is Time to Search
Once the place, time and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the very best vacation rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Hilton Head local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Aside from offering distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide you with exceptional service..
Re-read the description to make sure the rental home has everything required. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable properties that fit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Total Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Property management companies and individual property owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
Once you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. Contact the property manager right away to report your observations. This can protect against disagreements during checkout.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, condo access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the home for forgotten items. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Just about all rental management companies and rental home sites allow travellers to provide comments. If the property and/or property manager was great, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something was disagreeable and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to note that as part of your review.
Learn from your Stay
Did everybody have a great time? Maybe everything turned out to be perfect and you're excited to reserve the same property for next year. Otherwise, you've gained valuable rental search experience to aid with your next search.
- Driessen Beach Park - 1.6 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 1.9 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.1 miles
- Coligny Park - 3.5 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.9 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 4.2 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.9 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.3 miles