- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Pool
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyIdeal holiday location! Two min. walk to tennis and pickleball courts, eateries and golf on award winning Palmetto Dunes Plantation. Back yard utopia with 30' heated pool with spa, golf putting green, outdoor space, screened porch and second level sun outdoor space. Generous interior with 5 bedrooms finished in gracious Southern grace. Loads of extras including 7 bicycles, 2 kayaks, huge Weber grille, hammock, tons of beach chairs and pool toys.
Sunny vaulted family room with 55' flat screen intelligent TV. Huge, well supplied 20' kitchen with stainless steel appliances. The dining room seats 6 with an adjoining breakfast room seating 6. The bedrooms include Charleston Summerville master suite with a king bed and private bath with furnishings quality granite double sink. The Augusta Room has a queen bed and shares a Jack and Jill bath with granite double sink with the Nautical Room which has 2 twin beds. Completing the downstairs is a half bath with granite sink convenient o the pool area and a sitting area with a hand colored Charleston mural. Upstairs is the Hemingway Room with a queen bed and private access to the sundeck overlooking the pool. This room also has a Striking sleeping nook with toddler bed. The fifth bedroom is the Lighthouse Keepers Cottage including twin beds. Completing the upstairs is a full bath.
We are third row sea so a elegant brief 2 min. walk across a wooded lot from the pool area brings you to the shorefront homes and private beach. For outdoor inviting you'll find 2 dining areas - an umbrella table for 6 and an elevated bar table for 4. For sun worshipers there are 6 poolside chaise peaceful chairs and 2 chaise lounges on the second level sundeck. Adding to the fun is a synthetic professional grade putting green, lighthouse corn hole game, rope hammock and box full of pool and beach toys. Outdoor shower, adult 2 person kayak, youth single person kayak and 4 adult bicycles + 3 modest children's bicycles for exploring the island. For your indoor entertainment we have 6 TVs, DVDs, VCRs, toy chest full of fun toys, games and books.
Pool and or spa can he heated for an additional fee. These are 'Owner Direct' costs!
Only 100 yards to the beach!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property owners and rental houses supply Hilton Head area vacation discount catalogs that feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by local companies, or via a relationship between the property manager and the vendor itself. Keep an eye out for these publications and coupon books, since this allows travelers to experience the very same fantastic attractions with a significantly discounted.
- Wish to avoid the crowds of people? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top pricing.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may qualify for promotions. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Is there a specific activity that you are mainly getting excited about ? You will definitely get the most value from a rental which most closely matches your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners generally offer guests the opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed due to personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Advice
Newcomers are sometimes shocked at the number and variety of short-term rental homes available in the Hilton Head area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Nearly all rentals in Hilton Head are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners mainly because they manage the marketing and operations..
We've constructed a short guide to assist you in getting most from your rental property experience.
How to find and book the right vacation rental:
Before you decide to book "2 Min Walk 2 Beach, Golf, Tennis, Pickleball, Pvt Heated Pool, SPA, Bikes, Kayak", examine our brief list of issues to consider.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Like many desirable destinations, In Hilton Head the best rentals are booked early. To get the best selection, start your planning and search Six-12 months prior to your trip. A lot of visitors decide to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Decide on a Community and Time
Sometimes, the most challenging portion of scheduling your trip is deciding where to search, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else becomes simpler.
Just How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
Confirm who is joining, and just how many/what type of bedroom setup you need to have. Consider that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Generally rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Will your favorite rental home suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before reserving a costly vacation property. Most rental agreements require a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Rental Home Amenities
What home features is your family interested in? Do you simply want a rental with a pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Does the property need to be beach front, downtown, or in close proximity to wildlife? Will the property have bicycles and body boards available for use throughout your stay? Create a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Do people in your group have specific needs? Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Think About Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your furry family members. Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Be sure you read agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when animals are included. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
After the area, time and people are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest vacation home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Hilton Head local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local companies often times have an exclusive collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be sure the rental home has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental management company may know of very similar homes that fit your desires and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Total Contract
Read the whole agreement and make sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers reassurance should tragedy strike.
Book your Vacation Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any problems soon after you arrive. If you find damage, or if repairs are required contact the home manager immediately. This may protect against conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or hot tub. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call avoids many complications.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental to be sure you've collected all possessions.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no damage occurred in the course of your remain. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Most rental sites request testimonials after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable ratings. If something was wrong and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you should make it a point in your feedback.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Does everybody want to return next year? Maybe everything turned out to be fantastic and you're happy to re-book the same rental for next season. Otherwise, you have gained useful rental search experience to help with your next search.
- Driessen Beach Park - 2.4 miles
- Coligny Park - 2.7 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 2.8 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.3 miles
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve - 4.5 miles
- Lawton Stables - 4.7 miles
- Fort Howell - 4.7 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 5.0 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 4.1 miles