- As low as $155/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hiking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near coin laundry
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Security system
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 980 sq ft (91 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 980 square feet
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
Family-friendly fun and unbeatable convenience abound at this freshly modernized Tanglewood condo. Beach days, shopping and dining at Coligny Plaza, and community entertainment at Lowcountry Celebration Park are all just steps away from this inviting coastal escape. Savor bicycle trails close by for outdoor fun and exploration, and tennis and pickleball courts are also close in the area for more recreation.
Appreciate vistas of the shining on-site pool from your private deck and kick back on the living room sectional to stream your favorite shows and movies on the intelligent TV. The full kitchen features all-new counters and a gleaming suite of updated stainless steel appliances for efficiently handling home cooking. For those who want to work remotely, there is a great desk area in the unit as well. Additional perks include foldable beach chairs and a wagon for hauling gear. Home essentials include central air-conditioning, complimentary WiFi, and a private washer/dryer for invigorating for the next day’s adventures.
THINGS TO KNOW
Streaming TV services require guest accounts to access.
Smoking and vaping are not allowed.
This property is managed by Vacasa Vacation Units of Hilton Head Island LLC.
Parking notes: There is complimentary parking available for 1 car.
This rental is located on floor 1.
Security camera details: Camera located on front porch facing front door.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.) The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 25 years of age to book. Guests under 25 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
City/town permit number: 072072
City/town permit number: 31922
About the Area
Located near the beach, this condo is in South Forest Beach, a neighborhood in Hilton Head Island. Harbour Town Lighthouse and Stoney-Baynard Ruins are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Sea Pines Forest Preserve and Newhall Audubon Nature Preserve. The Sandbox and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
How to book the best vacation property experience:
When to book & When to go:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Hilton Head area. To find the best value, try changing your group's vacation week to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer warmer weather, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Hilton Head vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- In the Hilton Head area, The earlier you can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The best rental homes are booked very early. Booking your vacation property six to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Some property management companies offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your group.
- Booking websites usually offer guests an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Hilton Head area visitor guide magazines that include money-saving offers, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Hilton Head visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Begin by choosing vacation dates and a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Renovated Coligny condo with pool, deck, & AC - walk to beach, shops, & dining has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Hilton Head vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally available online. If they are not listed, email or call the property manager before you book your home. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Are you looking for particular amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. .
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or charges applied to your contract.
Have a fantastic stay:
- Add the owner's phone number to your phone. Print and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- At Check-in, make note of any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the owner. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, elevator or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent lots of difficulties.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be a great resource to find the best local spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Re-check the property to make sure that you've packed everything at departure. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property a final time and scan for damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host is not available, take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a fantastic time? Many rental websites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was defective and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.