- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- Heated Pool
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyCaptains Walk 467
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly costs are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click "Rent Now!"
Daydream in the salty air at this trendy island hideaway! Sitting on the sands of the Atlantic, you won't have to go far to get that much-needed beach time you came to experience! Take your morning cup of coffee out to the balcony overlooking the crashing waves for an ideal start to the day. After the morning chill burns off, head inside and make a delicious breakfast in the thoroughly supplied kitchen complete with stainless steel appliances. After a full day of exploring, come back to home base and play a favorite movie on the flatscreen TV while cozying up on the couch with a blanket. Everyone will fall asleep in seconds to the sound of the tide everpresent just outdoor.
What's close by:
Located in Palmetto Dunes, this villa is located in close proximity to everything Hilton Head Island has to offer. When you aren't soaking up the sand on the beach, venture out a bit and play a round of golf at one of the three world-class golf courses close by. If tennis is more your speed, head over to Shipyard Van Der Meer Tennis for a bit of helpful competition! For the shoppers of the group, make your way up to Shelter Cove for a day of window-shopping in the harbor at the many local stores or update your wardrobe over at Shelter Cove Towne Centre. For a day of bicycle tours and kayaking, head over to the local rental shop and gear up for an experience!
Things to know:
Renter must be 25 years of age to rent this home.
This unit is managed by Vacasa South Carolina LLC..
This rental is located on floor 3.
Parking Notes: Complex parking available. RVs, motorbikes, and trailers are not allowed within Palmetto Dunes.
Guest Entry Instructions: This rental utilizes an E-lock, a digital lock that requires an unique code to enter. This code is reset after each guest's stay.
Damage Waiver: The total price of your reservation for this Unit includes a nightly damage waiver fee (“Management”), plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.)
The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $2,000 of accidental damage to the Unit or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many management companies and vacation houses supply Hilton Head area travel discount catalogs which feature coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or through a partnership between the property management company and the itself. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are your vacation dates changeable? Off-peak times offer tremendous savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for discounted rates. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your travelling group is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some properties are essentially designed to serve particular guests, whether it's soundside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Management companies and individual home owners generally offer their customers an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed due to personal medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are shocked to learn just how many rentals can be found in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of rental properties in Hilton Head are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they coordinate the promotion and operations..
Below are some tips and strategies to help you understand the rental home search and booking process.
How to find and book the perfect rental property:
Do you believe "Oceanfront retreat in Palmetto Dunes w/ shared pool and balcony view!" is the perfect vacation property for your next visit? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Hilton Head rental homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. A lot of groups decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Select your Town and Travel Week
Consensus can be tricky between relatives, but once this tricky part is complete everything will begin to slide in place.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Rental
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Bear in mind that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is suitable for your group. Most vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Will your selected vacation property fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If several groups or families are sharing the cost, ensure each group knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. One member of your group needs to be given the task of gathering contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental payment at time of booking.
Rental Home Amenities
What property features is your family looking for? Are you looking for a rental home with outside lounge? Will the unit need to be beachfront, downtown, or in close proximity to night life? Are linens included with the rental contract, or do you need to take your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your group to help narrow your search to the perfect rental.
Do members of your party have specific needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Most vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Remember to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at a number of rental homes, but policies can vary. Many restrictions may dismiss a prospective rental. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Hilton Head local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local agencies usually have a unique collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
When you've identified your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Negotiating rates is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many properties sit vacant.
Study The Contract
You'll want to know which services are included:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal rate, travelers will need to pay state taxes when renting "Oceanfront retreat in Palmetto Dunes w/ shared pool and balcony view!", along with various other fees that may be required based upon their circumstances, including a dog charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different for each property. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed due to personal health care emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", start the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Call the rental manager right away to report your findings. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be incredibly helpful.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a visit considerably more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each room of the rental property to make sure you've packed all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. When possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most property management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to give reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything was unacceptable and they didn't correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the property was not as described, you'll want to note that in your critique.
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Does everyone want to go back? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation home. If not, you have gained valuable rental search experience that can help with another search.
- Coligny Park - 2.3 miles
- Driessen Beach Park - 2.9 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 3.2 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.6 miles
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve - 4.1 miles
- Lawton Stables - 4.3 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 4.5 miles