- 2 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- Hospital Contact
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Considered
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis roomy villa is located just a brief walk away from the beautiful, sandy beaches of Hilton Head Island. The exclusive Shipyard Plantation is a gated community that provides it's own private beach access for owners and guest appreciation. The plantation is surrounded by some of the choice golf courses in the world, miles of paved cycling paths with palm and oak trees covered in Spanish moss, professional tennis courts and handsome sunny beaches. (Please note: we have another Shipyard villa in Evian (unit # 457755) that has awe-inspiring reviews. When we holiday with additional family/friends this works out ideally).
Professionally adorned with new furnishings and new paint, this villa is one you’ll just have to see to believe!
Our two bedroom, two and a half bath townhouse offers all the amenities of home. We have a entirely outfitted kitchen for preparing. There is a modest breakfast nook AND a alluring dining area. There are two generous bedrooms with a King bed in EACH and a futon sleeper in the guest bedroom for additional visitors, Each bedroom also has it's own private baths and balcony. A enormous living room connected to the dining area provides an open concept floor plan for our visitors to relax. There is a huge over sized outdoor space that restfully seats 6 with a full size gas grille. The covered outdoor space is not only appealing but also offers a handsome view of the pool included for Tennis Master visitors only. Outdoor enthusiasts will adore the outdoor vistas from all angles.
One of the most outstanding attractions in the Shipyard Plantation is the nationally distinguished Van Der Meer Tennis Center where visitors can take tennis lessons daily from tennis professionals and pros. Check out their official tennis website for more details. You will really be impressed with the quality of their tennis courts and the wide variety of tennis lessons/clinics available for all ability levels.
While tennis is certainly trendy here on the island, most people would agree that golfing is one of the most outstanding leisure activities. Hilton Head Island has an abundance of lavish golf courses and Striking scenery. In fact, the Heritage Classic is an annual stop on the PGA Tour. Golf enthusiasts (including golf pros) flock to HHI hoping to be a part of one of golf's premium sporting competitions.
For those of you golf lovers that prefer to actively participate in a round of golf more than observe one don't you fear! HHI offers some of the most pristine public and private golf courses in the country that attract many visitors, including celebrities.
In addition to marvelous golf and tennis don't forget to check out the many different types of outdoor water sports available in Hilton Head. There is a wide variety of things to choose from including kayaking, jet skiing, sailing and deep sea fishing. There really is something for everybody!
Shopping divas don't despair! There is plenty of shopping to appreciate on the island also. One of the most acclaimed shopping destinations on the island is the Coligny Shopping Plaza located close to the beach with many original stores and designer labels to choose from. If you are more of a bargain shopper check out the Tanger Outlet Mall just a brief drive to the 'main' land (about 20 mins. away from Shipyard). Amazing deals on brand name items and a great variety of stores to choose from makes this a unique shopping experience.
If food is your passion, there are many amazing places to choose from! Our favorite dining places include, but are not limited to, The Smoke House (charming BBQ), The Boat House (with pretty outdoor dinning along the water) and Aunt Chilada's with authentic Mexican food.
HHI is a nature lovers heaven full of interesting greenery and a multitude of wildlife (turtles, alligators, squirrels, deer, herons, crabs and many others). This may explain why one of the most acclaimed past times on the island is bicycle riding. Guests really come from all over the world to savor the miles of bicycle paths that wind along lagoons, lush green golf courses and other famed outdoor locations such as Harbor Town. The cycling experience and vistas are by far one of the most unique qualities that HHI has to offer and we highly recommend taking the time to really discover them so you can see first hand all of the beauty that Hilton Head has to offer. Who knows, you may even get lucky and see some alligators basking in the sun along the bank of a lagoon. :) Special Note: If you call 'Riding Tigers Bicycle Units' and mention our unit they will give you a discount.
Between the beach. golf, water sports, shopping, tennis and cycling I think it is safe to say there is really something for everybody's holiday appreciation; which is why Hilton Head Island is so special and well worth the visit. Once you visit Hilton Head Island you'll understand why so many people choose to holiday here year after year.
No hidden costs: Taxes and cleaning fee are already supplied in the rate quoted; unlike others that nickle and dime their visitors for each thing in addition to the quoted price. Attentive owners make continuous updates including new king beds, brand-new carpet and new paint in December 2016. As a result, our villa is booked full throughout the year since we bought it.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many established tourism bureaus offer guide books with special offers for accommodations, dining and tours. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Are the vacation dates flexible? Shoulder seasons provide outstanding savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be able to get cost savings. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a special offer.
- Is there a particular experience you are mainly anticipating ? If there's a certain Hilton Head activity you simply love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed resulting from medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
First-timers are sometimes surprised at the range and wide selection of short term vacation rentals available in the Hilton Head area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available makes it possible to find an optimum getaway to accommodate their Hilton Head family, from quiet condos to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental, management companies are instrumental in assisting vacationers with making reservations, checking-in, cleaning, and any routine service issues that may arise.
Seasoned Hilton Head vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rentals, however most beginners will be happy to find that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
Searching for and booking the best vacation property:
Do you think "5 STAR villa in gated community...new curtains throughout" is the perfect vacation property for your next family vacation? Look over this guide to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Like many renowned destinations, In Hilton Head the best rental properties are booked very early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months before a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental..
Select your Place and Vacation Week
Sometimes, the most challenging part of organizing your trip is deciding where to search, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be more straightforward.
How Many Beds?
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Keep in mind that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Will your preferred rental suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, check that everybody understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental contracts require a single person to be responsible for the full reservation.
What amenities is the group searching for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, downtown, or close to restaurants? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included with your rental fee? Build a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Do individual members of your group have special needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Most rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure to include your pets. Animal friends are welcome at many rental homes, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and breeds may be controlled. Read your contract very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Searching the Internet
Several websites exist to match clients with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Hilton Head local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from having exclusive rental properties, local agencies offer you top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective throughout the off-season when many vacation rentals sit vacant.
Study the Contract
Read through the full agreement and be certain you understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you comfort should catastrophe strike.
Book your Rental
As soon as you think you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Information
Remember to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any damage as soon as you arrive. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your observations.
- If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten items. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, outdoor patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. Whenever possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your stay? Nearly all rental management company websites seek testimonials after your stay . Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but genuine regarding your experience. The best owners and managers will work hard to fix the situation.
Learn from your Experience
How did they feel about the rental home? If everything was perfect, next year's trip planning will be easy. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable rental search experience that will help with your next search.