- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Dishes & Utensils
- Heated Pool
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Private Pool
- Spa Whirlpool
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyThis meticulously maintained 2nd row home has a phenomenal open floor plan with plenty of room for your family holiday. This second row home offers sea vistas from the family room and front decks.
As you enter the entryway to your right is a sitting room with a game table and two generous chairs that pull out to twin sleepers. Just through the sitting room is the main living area that looks out to the sea. The open floor plan of the living space accepts the family to appreciate each other's company.
The kitchen includes double ovens, granite counter tops, and an island counter with seating for 4. The kitchen table has seating for 6. There is a door that leads to the front outdoor space where you can relax and savor the sights and sounds of the sea. Just off the kitchen is a hallway that leads to the very enormous laundry room. Down the hall you will find 2 bedrooms, one with 2 queen bedrooms, TV and private bathroom, the other has 2 full size beds and TV. Just outdoor this bedroom is the hall bathroom that has a stand up shower.
Head down the other hallway from the kitchen you will find a huge media room with 70" TV and theater seating. Just off the media room is a sizable screened in porch that overlooks the pool. Off the entry there is another bedroom that has 2 queen beds, TV and private bathroom. This bathroom can also be access from the hall. Then you reach the master suite with a very generous bathroom, that offers a Jacuzzi tub and shower stall. The master suite has a king bed and huge flat screen TV.
The pretty resort style pool has newly been refreshed and offers appealing waterfalls and a brand new hottub. There is plenty of space to spread out on the pool outdoor space which offers a great balance of shade and sun.
The pool and hot tub can be heated for an additional charge from September to April.
Elevator is available for use but subject to prior approval and a signed waiver.
For specials, promotions, deals and additional availability please contact our local Hilton Head Island sales agents at Sunset Units.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental owners and rental houses provide Hilton Head area vacation discount guides which include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the local merchant itself. Search for these publications and discount books, since this allows vacationers to take advantage of those wonderful attractions with a quite often significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you can take a trip? Shoulder seasons feature incredible discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be able to get discounted prices. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting group qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a certain experience that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? You'll receive the best value from a rental which most closely matches your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners typically offer clients an opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed a result of medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel.
General Rental property Advice
Newcomers are oftentimes shocked at the range and wide variety of weekly rental homes available in the Hilton Head area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of rental homes in Hilton Head are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and knowledge to provide painless operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Hilton Head vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however most novices will be happy to learn that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand where to search.
Searching for and reserving the right rental property:
Do you think "Sunset Rentals | Ketch 5" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming family vacation? Read this checklist to make sure it fits your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Hilton Head vacation homes start booking very early. To guarantee the greatest choice of rental homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Hilton Head getaway Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. A lot of visitors plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Pick your Town and Vacation Week
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Hilton Head you prefer to browse, and the approximate travel dates.
How Many Beds?
Determine who is traveling, and how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Keep in mind that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is suitable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Confirm that "Sunset Rentals | Ketch 5" fits your price range *during your desired week*. If multiple groups or family members are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. A single individual in your group needs to be in charge of collecting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of booking.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your group searching for? Do you only want a vacation rental with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental payment? Create a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Optimal access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the gang visiting with a family pet? Pet guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions carefully. A number of restrictions may eliminate a prospective rental property. Ensure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
Many internet resources exist to match guests with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Hilton Head local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Besides offering distinctive properties, local companies offer top-notch service..
When you have spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Go Through The Agreement
Read the whole contract and be sure you are aware who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a result of personal hospital emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
Once you believe you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Information
Remember to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any property damage soon after you arrive. Contact the property manager right away to report your observations.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, house access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Please be respectful of the neighborhood. Locals will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep each room in the house for left-behind items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Most rental home management companies and rental search sites allow travellers to give reviews. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but straightforward in regards to your rental experience. The best owners and managers will work hard to rectify the problem.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. Does everybody want to re-book next year? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific home away from home. Otherwise, you have gained invaluable experience to help with your next search.
- Driessen Beach Park - 1.3 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 1.7 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.0 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.7 miles
- Coligny Park - 3.7 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 3.9 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.8 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.1 miles