- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Childs Highchair
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Optional
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyCraving a family hideaway to the shore? Look no further than this handsome Hilton Head holiday rental. The 4-bedroom, 2-bath home sits on a peaceful wooded lot within walking distance of the beach. Golfers, rent tee time on one of the many championship courses close by, while the rest of the group stores along Coligny Plaza or books a ferry to Daufuskie Island. All the attractions of Harbour Town rest within 2 miles, but be sure to end each day with an afternoon BBQ with your adored ones.
-- THE UNIT --
1,800 Sq Ft | Intelligent TV | Full Kitchen | Laundry Machines
Skip the busyness of the resorts and choose instead this private family home - just right for those traveling with children and even their furry friends!
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin Beds | Bedroom 4: Queen Sleeper Couch
OUTDOOR LIVING: Secluded patio, all fresco dining, gas grille
INDOOR LIVING: Well-appointed furnishings, Intelligent TV w/ Netflix, dining table
KITCHEN: Thoroughly supplied, stainless steel appliances, granite counters, coffee maker, breakfast bar, preparing essentials, dishware/flatware
GENERAL; Free WiFi, linens/towels, washer/dryer, air conditioning, cable TVs, video library, hair dryer, pet fee (paid pre-trip)
PARKING: Driveway (2 cars)
-- THE LOCATION --
BEACHES: South Beach (3.9 miles), Coligny Beach Park (4.0 miles), Burkes Beach (7.7 miles), Folly Field Beach (8.6 miles)
ISLAND ATTRACTIONS: Sea Pines Forest Preserve (1.4 miles), Stoney Baynard Ruins (2.7 miles), Harbour Town Lighthouse (2.7 miles), King Neptune Sundial (5.5 miles), Hilton Head Distillery (9.7 miles), Coastal Discovery Museum (8.2 miles)
GOLF: Harbour Town Golf Links (2.5 miles), Shipyard Golf Club (4.0 miles), Legendary Golf (4.4 miles), Robert Trent Jones Golf Course (7.4 miles), The Heritage Golf Collection on Hilton Head Island (9.0 miles)
SHOPPING: The Village at Wexford (3.5 miles), Coligny Plaza Shopping Center (3.9 miles), Shelter Cove Towne Centre (6.1 miles), Main Street Village (9.0 miles), Tanger Outlets Hilton Head (13.2 miles)
DAY TRIPS: Daufuskie Island Ferry to Daufuskie Island (12.5 miles to Ferry), Savannah (39.7 miles), Charleston (107 miles)
AIRPORTS: Hilton Head Island Airport (9.8 miles away)
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve Holiday Rental makes it straighforward to find and rent units you'll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our units will always be ready for you and that we'll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we'll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what holiday means to you.
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Dog-friendly with fee
- No events, events or sizable gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to rent
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be mandatory upon check-in
- NOTE: If you would like to stay less than the minimum requirement please reach out to Evolve
- NOTE: 10% discount for all return visitors. Please include any questions / requests in your renting inquiry
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send printed tourism guide books with special deals for lodging, dining and tours. These guides can provide a good start to your rental search.
- Willing to change your trip dates? Off-peak times offer substantive bargains.
- Several management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or repeat individuals to the same rental home. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific groups of travellers. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to night life. You'll get the best value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Rental companies and individual home owners frequently offer customers the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to learn the number of rentals can be found in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all rental homes in Hilton Head are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies are well-liked by owners mainly because they manage the advertising and operations..
We have developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the best rental home:
Before you decide to book "Modern / Pet-Friendly Home w/Patio, 3 Mi to Beach!", read through our short collection of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Hilton Head vacation rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, whenever possible. A lot of groups plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Area and Choose Dates
Quite often, the hardest part of scheduling your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else becomes easier.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Establish who is going, and how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you will need. Keep in mind that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you book.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Will your chosen rental home suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking a costly vacation property. Usually, one member of the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and recovering each party's contribution.
Rental Home Features
What property features is the group interested in? Do you want a rental home with outdoor kitchen? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property charge? Make a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Do individual members of your party have special needs? Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Are you or other people in the family traveling with a domestic pet? Pet guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be limited. Read your contract very carefully! Service fees may apply when pets are included.
It Is Time to Search
Several websites exist to match visitors with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Hilton Head local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation home management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. Your best prospects for a reduced rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Go Through The Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation rental management companies and rental owners typically offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers peace of mind should tragedy strike.
After you think you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental home owner.
Get Contact Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To ensure that no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also advise immediately phoning the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call prevents many hassles.
- Please be considerate of the community. Natives are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep each room in the house for forgotten items. Check bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to confirm no property damage occurred during your remain. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Nearly all rental sites seek comments after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but sincere about your experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to fix the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did everybody have a blast? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning will be relatively easy. If not, you have acquired invaluable experience to help with your next search.