- As low as $1,221/Week
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- DVD player
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Barbecue grill
- BBQ grill(s)
- Beach access
- Beachfront location
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- DVD player
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Hair dryer
- Heated pool
- Heated pool
- Horse riding
- Ice maker
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing
- Jet skiing nearby
- Motor boating
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the ocean
- Near the sea
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Outlet shopping
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Private pool
- Sailing nearby
- Separate dining area
- Sleeps 10
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 2898 sq ft (269 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wildlife and game walks
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this PropertySand Dollar Road 32
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
*Please read our important pool heat information to help you have the best vacation possible!*
This property has a pool that can be heated between Labor Day and Memorial Day for an additional fee of $95/nighttime. You MUST notify Vacasa at least seven days in advance of your arrival if you would like to purchase pool heat. If the outside temperature is colder than 55 degrees, the pool will not be able to maintain a warmer temperature. If the pool does not reach your desired temperature but is still warming, refunds will NOT be given.
Sand Dollar 32 offers a huge, oceanview deck ready for entertaining. This two-story home has a cavernous open concept kitchen, dining, and living area with floor-to-ceiling windows offering serene pool and beach vistas. Step outside to your roomy, furnished deck complete with a gas grille for afternoon barbecues, savor your fenced-in, private pool, and take a walk on the boardwalk out to the beach.
What's close by:
Located mid-island, this area has become one of Hilton Head's most sought after destinations for beach lovers. The area is peaceful and private, with an abundance of flora and fauna, complimenting the close by natural white-sand beaches. This home is also less than two miles from Chaplin Community Park where you'll find sports courts and a playground for visiting youngsters. For shopping, dining, and many entertainment options, Shelter Cove is just three miles away.
Things to know:
The family dogs are welcome to join you here
Central air conditioning
This home is elevated and there are 15 steps up to the front door
This property is managed by Vacasa South Carolina LLC..
If you are bringing a dog on your trip, the nightly pet fee is already included in your quote when selecting 'Yes' to family pets. If you would like to add more dogs, please contact us. The $20 nightly fee will apply for each additional dog.
Parking notes: Driveway parking is available for a max. of 4 cars - the Garage is not available for guest use.
This rental is located on floor 1.
2 days notification is required in order to heat the pool. A fee of USD95 per day must be paid prior to check-in. Guests can contact Vacasa after booking to purchase pool heat for your stay.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.)
The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus supply tourism guides with special offers for vacation rentals, dining and tours. These guides may provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Would like to avoid the crowds? Off-peak times offer up tremendous discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be able to get discount rates. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Is there a certain activity you are mainly getting excited about during your stay? You'll receive the best value from a home that most closely suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed as a result of health emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Home Information
You might be pleasantly surprised to uncover how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an ideal getaway to fit their Hilton Head family, from peaceful condos to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and working experience to provide hassle-free operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Below are great tips and techniques to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
How to find and book a great rental home:
Before you decide to book "Dog-Friendly, Oceanfront Home w/ Deck & Private Pool, Free WiFi, W/D, Central AC", review our short checklist of considerations.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many desirable destinations, In Hilton Head the best vacation rentals are booked early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of a trip. A lot of visitors decide to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Pick your Area and Vacation Week
Agreement can be tough between close relatives, but as soon as this complicated part is complete everything will start to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Bear in mind that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the group. Most vacation home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Create a Spending Limit
Many rental homes are marketed with a price range. Determine the price for your desired trip. It may be at the high end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before booking an expensive rental home. Generally, one member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you want a vacation property with open-air kitchen? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys available for use during your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Sometimes the older generation has challenges with stairs. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all property postings include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the group traveling with a dog? Pets are welcome at many rentals, but guidelines differ. A number of restrictions may possibly dismiss a potential rental property. Make sure to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
As soon as the place, dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Hilton Head local rental homes" for local property management companies. Besides offering distinctive properties, local agencies provide you with top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation home has everything required. If it is lacking, the rental management company might know of similar homes that fit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. This is more effective throughout the off-peak season when many rental homes sit empty.
Study the Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Rental management companies and individual rental owners often offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed due to personal hospital emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Remember to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your rental! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations. This may protect against disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A quick phone call helps prevent many problems.
- Please be considerate of the community. Permanent residents often times live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a visit a lot more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Nearly all rental websites request feedback after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but straightforward about your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to fix the issue.
Did they love their rental? Ideally everything was outstanding and you're ready to reserve the rental home for your next vacation. Maybe the rental home was not quite right, and you will better understand how to refine your search for the next trip.
- Folly Field Beach Park - 0.2 miles
- Driessen Beach Park - 0.6 miles
- Fort Howell - 2.1 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 2.3 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.4 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.3 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 1.7 miles