- 5 Bedrooms
- 6.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Heated Pool
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPort Tack 59
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly costs are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Rent Now!'
Port Tack 59 is a beautiful 5 bedroom, 5.5 bathroom near-sea home in Palmetto Dunes, located on the 11 mile lagoon system which is just right for kayaking and canoeing.
Walk into the open and welcoming entry and instantly feel at home. The huge, open-concept main living space offers generous space for recreation, entertaining and gathering. The living room includes a huge sectional couch, wall-mounted flat panel TV, decorative fireplace and a sizable wall of floor to ceiling windows, with access to the impressive outdoor porch and pool patio off the living area. The living room is open to the formal dining room with a generous table and seating for 6. The updated and entirely-supplied eat-in kitchen is open to the main living space and offers granite counters, bespoke cabinetry, updated appliances and a center island with seating for 4 and a dining table with seating for 8. A home office can be found off the kitchen and offers a gorgeous work-space for the traveling professional, or those who refuse to leave their work behind when on holiday. (We know we've resonated with a few of you here).
Three bedrooms can be found on the main level of the home, all with newer beds!. The downstairs master has a king bed, wall-mounted flat panel TV, and en-suite bath with steam shower and separate bubble tub. The remaining two bedrooms on the main level are across the home from the master suite. The first includes a queen bed, wall-mounted flat panel TV, and en-suite bath with glass-enclosed walk in shower. The third bedroom on the main level includes a king bed, wall-mounted flat panel TV and en-suite bathroom with glass-enclosed tub shower combo. The powder room, laundry room and garage access round out the main level of the home.
Head upstairs to find the children' over-sized dorm-style room including two twin beds, a twin size day bed with a twin size trundle underneath - offering sleeping for 4 in this room - with generous closet and flat panel TV! There is a hall bathroom including double vanity sinks and glass enclosed walk in shower just across the hall that serves this room. The upstairs master suite includes king bed, wall-mounted flat panel TV, over-sized closet and en suite bath with steam shower and soaking tub.
The outdoor living space in this home is really phenomenal. Savor time on the covered back porch, including outdoor ceiling fans, in one of six rockers that overlooks the full-size heatable swimming pool with spa (additional charge to heat the pool and spa). Appreciate grilling on the enormous pool patio with the gas grille. There is plentiful outdoor seating in handsome, durable teak - which includes the rockers, pool lounge chairs, high top table with 4 chairs and umbrella, outdoor dining table with umbrella and six chairs - and a modest two seater iron cafe table near the kayak dock. This home even has an over-sized chess game in the back yard for fun family entertainment. Enjoy the huge dock on the lagoon (bring or rent your own canoes and kayaks). *Free wireless internet * Enjoy the complimentary Palmetto Dunes Buggy, in season, which will take you to the beach, eateries and shopping!
With added niceties which include sizable driveway, use of garage for additional parking and two hours of complimentary tennis or pickleball daily at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, this home is a one-of-a-kind gem and will be your new Hilton Head Island home away from home!
Keyless entry makes check-in and check-out a wind!
This rental is located on floor 1.
Parking Notes: Private driveway with abundant parking
Water Access: The beach access is about a laid-back 12-15 min. walk to the beach. Enjoy the complimentary shuttle service, The Palmetto Dunes Buggy, which will take you the to beach, eateries & shopping! This is a complimentary on-demand service that runs every 10 - 15 mins. April - September!
If you would like to make the walk to the beach, make a right onto Port Tack from the driveway of the home. Continue to the end, and make a right to continue on Port Tack. Follow to end, where Port Tack and Mooring Buoy intersect. Make a right onto Mooring Buoy and the public beach access path is just ahead on the left side of the road between Ketch and Junket streets.
5 day notification is mandatory in order to heat the pool. An additional pool heat fee of USD152 per day must be paid prior to check-in.
Damage Waiver: The total price of your reservation for this Unit includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.)
The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $2,000 of accidental damage to the Unit or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send printed guide books with deals for lodging, restaurants and attractions. Keep an eye out for these guides and discount books, because this allows visitors to take advantage of those fantastic attractions with a typically substantial discounted.
- Flexible about when you might visit? Off-peak times offer up tremendous discounts.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning vacationers to the same property. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some rental properties are basically catered to particular visitors, whether it is downtown homes with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a particular Hilton Head activity you simply love, keep an eye out for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer guests the option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed due to personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
First-timers are likely to be surprised at the number and variety of short-term vacation rentals available in the Hilton Head area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are instrumental in helping travellers with reserving, check-in, housekeeping services, and any maintenance problems that may occur.
Seasoned Hilton Head vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental homes, however many newcomers will be happy to find that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
How to find and book the perfect rental home:
Do you believe "Amazing Vacation House w/Free WiFi, Private Pool, Hot Tub, & Washer/Dryer + AC" is the best rental property for your upcoming vacation? Read through this check list to confirm it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Hilton Head vacation homes are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the very best selection of vacation homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Hilton Head getaway Six-12 months in advance, whenever possible. A lot of households plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Choose your Town and Vacation Week
Start by determining which specific area of Hilton Head you prefer to explore, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Pick a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that most homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for your company. Generally rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Spend?
The majority of vacation rentals are presented with a price range. Confirm the rate for your chosen week. It may be at the top end of the range. If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, check that each party understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the group searching for? Do you simply want a rental home with a pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or night life? Will the unit have bikes and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Appropriate accessibility could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Almost all vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Are you or other members of the family visiting with a family pet? Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies differ. Examine your contract very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Its Time to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match renters with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Hilton Head local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local agencies frequently have a unique assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation home has everything you need. If lacking, the home management company might know of similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your easiest chance for a reduced rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Read through the Entire Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies vary for each property. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
After you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Remember that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To ensure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the property. We also recommend promptly calling the rental manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any critical repairs. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will be very helpful.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Be considerate of the local community. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure no damage occurred during your stay. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Most property management companies and rental home sites allow renters to give feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but sincere in regards to your experience. Top owners and managers will try hard to correct the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did they love their stay? If everything was wonderful, next year's trip planning will be simple. If the rental property was not quite right, and you will better know how to improve your search next time.
- Driessen Beach Park - 1.8 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 2.2 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 2.6 miles
- Coligny Park - 3.3 miles
- Fort Howell - 4.0 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 4.2 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.5 miles
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve - 4.9 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.3 miles