- 7 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Extinguisher
- Game Room
- Heated Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Lighting
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
About this PropertySandy Beach Trail 6, this bliss 7 bedroom, 6.5 bathroom home is an exceptional holiday getaway! Located 3rd Row Sea this home includes a private pool* and less than a 2 min. walk to the beach!
Relish preparing in the blissful kitchen with granite counter tops, a breakfast bar and upgraded stainless appliances. The generous dining area is ideal for huge family gatherings. The kitchen and dining area are open to a light, brilliant and airy living area. Brand new vinyl plank floor in all bedrooms! This home has renovated the game room to feature both a billiards table and a ping pong table. Guests can access the game room from the home or from the ground level via the barn door entry from the garage! In the fall of 2019 the pool outdoor space area was enlargened to offer even more room for the whole group to take advantage of this impeccable space. This whole will really blow you away!
Free Activities Included! Play a round of golf, discover Hilton Head on bicycle and even bring out your inner kid with a round of putt-putt golf! To enhance your holiday experience, Holiday Homes of Hilton Head includes our signature Southern Hospitality Pass, which means all of the above activities are COMPLIMENTARY. Contact us today to learn more about the complimentary fun included with this Holiday Homes of Hilton Head rental! (1 pass for each activity per group, passes expire daily. 1 bicycle per reservation).
6 Sandy Beach Trail, Hilton Head, SC
First Floor: Kitchen, Living Room, Dining Room, TV, Half Bath, Balcony Access,
Bedroom 1: First Floor, Master, Queen Bed, TV, Bath (Walk-In-Shower and Jacuzzi Tub)
Bedroom 2: First Floor, Queen Bed, TV, Bath (Shower and Tub Combo), Balcony Access
Second Floor: Laundry Room
Bedroom 3: Second Floor, Queen Bed, TV, Bath (Walk-In-Shower), Balcony Access
Bedroom 4: Second Floor, Two Twin Beds, TV, Bath (Walk-In-Shower), Balcony Access
Bedroom 5: Second Floor, Queen Bed, TV, Bath (Walk-In-Shower), Balcony Access
Bedroom 6: Second Floor, Twin over Full Bunk Bed and Twin Bed + Twin Trundle, TV, Balcony Access
Bedroom 7: Second Floor, Master, King Bed, TV, Bath (Walk-In-Shower and Jacuzzi Tub), Balcony Access
Ground Level: Pool (Parlor Chairs and Table with seating for 6),Game Room (Ping-Pong, Pool Table, and TV), Parking In Driveway & Garage (Total Parking: 6 Vehicles)
NOTE: Our units and elevators are not ADA compliant; elevators are meant mostly for suitcases, groceries, etc.
*Pool can be heated for an additional $500/week to a max. of 88 degrees. Pool heat must be added to your reservation at least 30 days prior to arrival. Please note that we do not heat the pool Memorial Day- Mid September*
**LAST MINUTE POOL HEAT UNAVAILABLE**
To secure a reservation, we require a 50% deposit upfront and the balance payment due thirty days prior to arrival via *E-Check (*domestic accounts only) or Visa, Master, Find or American Express card.
NOTE: If you are renting on a third event site such as Vacation Rental By Owner or HomeAway - you are subject Holiday Homes of Hilton Head's cancellation policy ** please contact Holiday Homes of Hilton Head for more information:
Cancellations are subject to a 4% (of the total) cancellation fee.*
Cancellations made 90 days or more in advance of arrival, will receive full refund less 4% (of the total).
Cancellations made 31-89 days in advance of arrival, will forfeit the full 50% deposit paid to date.
Cancellations made 30 days or less in advance of arrival, will receive no refunds.
*If you buy travel insurance, this schedule would not apply. The travel insurance company would file the claim and give any applicable refunds. You must let us know with 48 hours that you have filed a claim with the travel insurance for cancellation. Travel Insurance can be bought at any time subject to a 4% credit card fee. *
NOTE: Guests without travel insurance will not receive a refund or reimbursement for weather, hurricanes, mandatory and/ or voluntary evacuations, etc. Please contact us for questions regarding coverage and to purc
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send printed travel guide books with special deals for rental properties, dining and tours. Be on the lookout for these publications and discount books, because this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same wonderful activities with a quite often considerable discounted.
- Just want to avoid the packed areas and cut costs? The off-peak shoulder seasons can offer fantastic rates on daily rental accommodations.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some management companies provide discounts to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some rental homes are practically catered to particular travelers, whether it's soundside units with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private boat launching areas. If there's a certain Hilton Head atteaction which you just love, keep an eye out for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners often offer their customers an opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed due to health-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated motel stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to learn just how many rental properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an suitable retreat to accommodate their Hilton Head crew, from relaxed condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all vacation rentals in Hilton Head are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and knowledge to provide hassle-free operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Hilton Head vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most newcomers will be delighted to find that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
Searching for and booking the best rental:
Before you book "Steps to Sand, Private Pool, Ping Pong & Pool Table, Chef's Kitchen", review our short checklist of things to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Hilton Head vacation rentals start booking very early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months prior to your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental..
Find your Area and Choose Dates
Agreement can often be difficult between members of the family, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
Confirm who is going, and how many/what sort of bedroom configuration you'll need. Be aware that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Have a Spending Limit
Does the preferred rental home suit your budget during that choice Summer week? If multiple groups or family members are sharing the cost, make sure that each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most of the time, just one member of the group will be liable for making the full reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your group looking for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Do you want a rental home with open-air lounge? Will the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or near night life? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property rate? Build a list of priority features to facilitate narrow your search.
Appropriate accessibility could make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of rental postings include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the group visiting with a four-legged friend? Dog policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and breeds could be limited. Study your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Many internet resources exist to match guests with rental home owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Hilton Head local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Apart from having exceptional properties, local companies offer you top-notch service..
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an extra night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Go Through The Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular charge, vacationers have to pay state taxes when booking "Steps to Sand, Private Pool, Ping Pong & Pool Table, Chef's Kitchen", as well as any other additional fees which might be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Good job on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your observations.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents most likely live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Clean up a lttle bit. Even when you're paying a cleaning fee, The property should be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks filled with dishes, excessive sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be addressed before you leave.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for renters to give reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your praise. If something was unsatisfactory and they didn't correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point in your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Did they like the vacation rental? With some luck everything turned out to be fantastic and you're happy to re-book the same rental home for your next vacation. Otherwise, you've gained useful rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Driessen Beach Park - 0.3 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 0.7 miles
- Fort Howell - 2.8 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 2.9 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 3.0 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.3 miles
- Coligny Park - 4.7 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 2.2 miles