- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Spa Whirlpool
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyIntroducing Main Sail – a comfortable villa complex on Hilton Head Island overlooking Shelter Cove Marina in Palmetto Dunes resort. Each villa includes water vistas from nearly every room, screened porch, two master suites, and many upgrades. A private gated entrance leads to the centrally located Main Sail complex with charmingly landscaped grounds. Conveniences include an bounteous adult pool and spa, children’s wading pool, grilling area, and a playground. Relish strolling the considerable walkways around Shelter Cove Marina, which offers an array of amazing eateries and stores. Convenient bicycle paths lead to the beach in Palmetto Dunes. Main Sail also has a covered parking outdoor space and elevators to all floors.
This 5th floor penthouse condo has been completely modernized, finished March 2014. As you enter you are greeted with tremendous marina vistas. Walking into the condo you will notice all of the high end finishes, from the wood floors to the beautiful kitchen to all of the brand new décor. The dining room is open to the rest of the great room and seats 6-8 people restfully. The kitchen has stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, and bar seating for 2. The living area has the most exemplary vistas in the home! The living room includes a sleeper couch, adore seat, club chair, huge FSTV/DVD, separate desk area and a inviting fireplace. There are 2 sliding doors leading from the living area to the 2 porches. The open patio has 4 glider chairs overlooking the marina. The screened in porch can be accessed from both the living room and the master bedroom. This porch has a table for 4, and comfortable wicker furnishings, ideal for lazy afternoons reading a rent.
This condo offers 2 master suites. The first has a king bed, FSTV, sliding door access to the screened porch, walk-in closet, and a private bath with jetted tub and separate shower, double vanity and a FSTV. The second master has 2 queen size beds, FSTV, door to open patio, walk-in closet, and a private bath with jetted tub and separate shower. The third bedroom has two twins, FSTV, and a private bath with shower/tub combo. This phenomenal villa is ideal for those visitors looking for the ideal holiday hideaway on Hilton Head!
*Free shuttle service through Palmetto Dunes Buggy available April through September.
- Many management companies and rental properties provide Hilton Head area promotional catalogs which feature offers, either offered independently by local companies, or utilizing a relationship between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Desire to stay away from the crowds and lower your expenses? Shoulder seasons offer fantastic prices.
- Many management companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or returning travelers to the same rental home. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some rental properties are practically catered to particular vacationers, whether it is beachfront rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the number and selection of daily, weekly and monthly rental homes available in the Hilton Head area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an optimum retreat to accommodate their Hilton Head family, from calm condos to large event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of rental properties in Hilton Head are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and experience to provide simple and easy operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some ideas and techniques to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Where to find and reserve the right vacation rental:
Do you think "Spectacular Harbourfront Vila completely renovated located in Shelter Cove" is the best rental home for your upcoming trip? Read through this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Hilton Head the best vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Select your Area and Travel Week
Begin by choosing which specific area of Hilton Head you prefer to browse, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Actually Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Most vacation home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Make a Budget
Confirm that "Spectacular Harbourfront Vila completely renovated located in Shelter Cove" fits your budget *during your desired week*. If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental agreements require a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
What home features is your group looking for? Do you only want a vacation home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beachfront, downtown, or in close proximity to night life? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Build a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Proper access can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Make sure you include your best friend! Dog policies are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Many limitations may eliminate a prospective rental home. Make certain you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Hilton Head local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies often have a unique assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to confirm the property has everything you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar properties that better suit your wishes and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-season when many rental homes sit empty.
Study the Entire Contract
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other extra fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives comfort should tragedy strike.
After you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Make sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage when you arrive. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any required fixes. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be valuable.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Natives will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a visit a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Nearly all rental home sites seek feedback after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If anything was unsatisfactory and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you should note that as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Did they like the vacation rental? If everything was wonderful, next year's vacation planning will be simple. If the rental was not quite right, and you will better recognize how to filter your search for the next time.
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 2.3 miles
- Driessen Beach Park - 2.5 miles
- Coligny Park - 2.8 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 2.9 miles
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve - 4.2 miles
- Lawton Stables - 4.4 miles
- Fort Howell - 4.4 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.4 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 3.7 miles