- 6 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyHilton Head Island is more than a holiday destination; it's a state of mind that accepts you to "get away from it all". At 3 Urchin Manor, you'll feel as though you're living in Utopia. This comfortable home with vistas of the Atlantic, and only one tenth of a mile to the beach, is tucked into a section known as Burkes Beach, located mid-island with stores and fine dining close by.
Free Activities Supplied! Play a round of golf, relish a dolphin cruise, discover Hilton Head on bicycle and even bring out your inner kid with a round of putt-putt golf! To enhance your holiday experience, Holiday Homes of Hilton Head includes our signature Southern Hospitality Pass, which means all of the above activities are COMPLIMENTARY. Contact us today to learn more about the complimentary fun supplied with this Holiday Homes of Hilton Head rental! (1 pass for each activity per group, passes expire daily. 1 bicycle per reservation).
3 Urchin Manor, Hilton Head Island, SC
First Floor (Main level), Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen with kitchen bar, Laundry Room, Half Bath; access to Private Pool/Spa, pool outdoor space, gas grille
Bedroom 1: First Floor, Master, King bed, Private Bath, whirlpool tub, separate shower
Bedroom 2: Second floor, King bed, w/sitting area; covered balcony, Private Bath, whirlpool tub, separate shower.
Bedroom 3: Second floor, Queen Bed, Private Bath
Bedroom 4: Second floor, 2 Double Beds, Private Bath
Third Floor, Cavernous Bonus room with bar area and queen couch sleeper, desk with wireless connection, half bathroom, balcony
Bedroom 5: Third floor, 3 Twin Beds and 1 trundle, Private Bath (tub/shower combo)
Bedroom 6: Third floor, King Bedroom, with access to balcony, Private Bath
Ground Level: - Garage, Elevator
Elevator Dimensions: 31.5" wide x 35" deep (wheelchairs must remove foot rest to fit)
NOTE: Our units and elevators are not ADA compliant; elevators are meant mostly for bags, groceries, etc.
Pool Dimensions: 12' x 24'
*Spa can be heated for an additional $500/ week & the pool can be heated for an additional $1000/ week. Spa and/or pool heat must be added to your reservation at least 30 days prior to arrival. Please note that we do not heat the spa and/or pool Memorial Day- Mid September*
To secure a reservation, we require a 50% deposit upfront and the balance
- Many management companies and rental homes supply Hilton Head area vacation discount books that feature deals, either offered individually by merchants, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the merchant itself. Look for these guides and coupon books, since this allows travelers to experience those wonderful attractions at a significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you can travel? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Several property management companies offer discounted prices to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rentals are essentially catered to specific clients, whether it's oceanside homes with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a particular Hilton Head atteaction that you just love, look for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider getting trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of health-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the range and wide variety of short term rentals available in the Hilton Head area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an suitable retreat to suit their Hilton Head crew, from quiet condos to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all rental properties in Hilton Head are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and experience to provide convenient operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
We've developed a short guide to help you get the most from your rental property experience.
How to find and book a great vacation home:
Do you think "3 Urchin Manor: 6BR Ocean Views, Private Pool, Elevator, Short Walk to Beach" is the best rental home for your upcoming vacation? Browse through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Like many popular vacation spots, In Hilton Head the best rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home..
Select your Area and Vacation Week
Begin by picking which specific area of Hilton Head you'd like to browse, and the approximate trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is going, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you should have. Consider that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the family. Most rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Most rental properties are marketed with a price range. Confirm the price for your chosen week. It may be at the high end of the range. If multiple individuals or families are sharing the cost, check to make sure each group understands their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most of the time, one person in the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and recovering each party's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Are sheets offered with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Gather a list of "necessities and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Do a few people in your group have specific needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, include that into your search. Most property listings include a list of amenities.
Remember to include your best friend! Pet guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be restricted. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Searching the Internet
A number of websites exist to match visitors with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Hilton Head local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on an exceptional vacation experience.
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation rental has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of similar properties that fit your preferences and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Total Agreement
You will have to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard price, travelers will have to pay state taxes when renting "3 Urchin Manor: 6BR Ocean Views, Private Pool, Elevator, Short Walk to Beach", in addition to various other additional fees that may be required depending on their situation, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Property management companies and rental owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers comfort should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
As soon as you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. We also recommend immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any critical fixes. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts could be very helpful.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Be respectful of the local community. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Nearly all vacation rental sites ask for feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing ratings. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but completely honest with regards to experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did they feel about the property? Maybe everything was exceptional and you're ready to re-book the property for next season. If not, you've acquired useful experience to help with your next search.
- Driessen Beach Park - 0.2 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 0.5 miles
- Fort Howell - 2.6 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 2.8 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 2.9 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.2 miles
- Coligny Park - 4.9 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 2.0 miles