- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- Heated Pool
- Hospital Contact
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Police Contact
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThe holiday of your dreams awaits you in this 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom home located on Crabline Court in Singleton Beach. This home is elegantly finished with a modernized beach theme, you'll hit enjoyment mode as soon as you enter the front door! The living room offers plenty of seating with a massive 50" flat screen TV, leather couch and leather chairs, and a sliding door to a front viewing balcony. Also, appreciate the fenced in backyard with gas grille and outdoor fire pit ideal for a family fourth of July gathering or a cool winter evening by the fire!
Free Activities Supplied! Play a round of golf, discover Hilton Head on bicycle or even bring out your inner kid with a round of putt-putt golf! To enhance your holiday experience, Holiday Homes of Hilton Head includes our signature Southern Hospitality Pass, which means all of the above activities are COMPLIMENTARY. Contact us today to learn more about the complimentary fun included with this Holiday Homes of Hilton Head rental! (1 pass for each activity per group, passes expire daily. 1 bicycle per reservation).
40 Crabline Court, Hilton Head, SC
First Floor: Kitchen, Living, Dining, TV, Laundry Room, Balcony
Bedroom 1: First Floor, Queen Bed, TV, Bath (Walk-in Shower)
Bedroom 2: Second Floor, King Bed, Twin Day Bed, TV, Balcony, Bath (Walk-in Shower)
Bedroom 3: Second Floor, Two Double Beds, TV, Bath (Walk-in Shower)
Bedroom 4: Second Floor, King Bed, TV, Bath (Walk-in Shower/Jacuzzi Tub)
Ground Level: Two Car Garage (Total Parking: 4 Vehicles), Pool, Gas Grille (Propane Included), Seating, Fire Pit
Pool Dimensions: 16' by 8'
*Pool can be heated for an additional $500/ week. Pool heat must be added to your reservation at least 30 days prior to arrival. Please note that we do not heat the pool Memorial Day- Mid September*
*Pet Friendly, 1 dog max.. $200 pet fee per week. 35lb weight limit.
*Seasonal beach shuttle runs Memorial Day to Labor Day. The hours of operation are Sunday to Friday, 9am-5pm. Pick-up upon request. Location of pick-up/ drop-off to be determined by guest.*
NOTE: If you are renting on a third event site such as Vacation Rental By Owner or HomeAway - you are subject Holiday Homes of Hilton Head's cancellation policy ** please contact Holiday Homes of Hilton Head for more information:
Cancellations are subject to a 4% (of the total) cancellation fee.*
Cancellations made 90 days or more in advance of arrival, will receive full refund less 4% (of the total).
Cancellations made 31-89 days in advance of arrival, will forfeit the full 50% deposit paid to date.
Cancellations made 30 days or less in advance of arrival, will receive no refunds.
*If you buy travel insurance, this schedule would not apply. The travel insurance company would file the claim and give any applicable refunds. You must let us know with 48 hours that you have filed a claim with the travel insurance for cancellation. Travel Insurance can be bought at any time subject to a 4% credit card fee*
NOTE: Guests without travel insurance will not receive a refund or reimbursement for weather, hurricanes, mandatory and/ or voluntary evacuations, etc. Please contact us for questions regarding coverage and to buy this protection plan.
To secure a reservation, we require a 50% deposit upfront and the balance payment due thirty days prior to arrival via *E-Check (*domestic accounts only) or Visa, Master, Find or American Express card. If you buy Travel Insurance, the policy must be paid for IN FULL at the time of buy/ renting.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many official tourism bureaus will offer you promotional tourism guides with special deals for rental homes, dining and activities. These guides provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Wish to stay away from the crowds? Off-peak times offer substantive markdowns.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for discounts. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a price reduction.
- Is there a specific experience you are mainly looking forward to ? If there's a certain Hilton Head activity you simply love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider investing in trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
Many people are surprised to learn just how many properties are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to fit their Hilton Head gang, from relaxing condominiums to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rental properties in Hilton Head are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and practical experience to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Hilton Head vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however many novices will be delighted to discover that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
How to find and book the right vacation rental:
Before you decide to book "Near Ocean w/ Pool, Private Backyard, Seasonal Beach Shuttle, Pet Friendly!", read through our short checklist of issues to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Hilton Head rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation home..
Settle on your Town and Travel Week
Agreement can be tough among loved ones, but the moment this tricky part is complete everything will begin to fall in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
How many relatives are joining your trip? Remember that most homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, email or call the property owner before you book.
What Are You Prepared to Spend?
Does your preferred rental home suit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking an expensive rental property. Most rental agreements require a single person to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is your family searching for? Is a screened deck a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Are linens included with the rental contract, or will you need to provide your own? Gather a list of "necessities and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Appropriate accessibility could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the party traveling with a pet? While a number of rentals permit pets, guidelines and charges fluctuate per property. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be limited. Examine your agreement carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *before* you book!
Where to Search
After the location, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to find the best vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Hilton Head local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to offering distinctive rental properties, local companies offer you excellent service..
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the home management company may know of comparable homes that suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Entire Agreement
Read through the whole agreement and make certain you understand who is responsible for:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your price includes all taxes and fees.
Ensure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation rental management companies and individual home owners often offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should catastrophe strike.
After you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Details
Make sure you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear when you arrive. If you discover damage, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the home manager right away. If there is a difference of opinion about responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call helps prevent many hassles.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Often times, nearby households are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental home to ensure that you've collected all belongings.
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Many property management companies and rental websites allow renters to offer feedback. If the rental home and/or property manager was top notch, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but straightforward regarding your stay. The best property owners and managers will try hard to correct the issue.
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did everybody have a good time? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning is going to be easy. Otherwise, you have gained useful experience that will help with another search.
- Driessen Beach Park - 0.9 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 1.3 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 2.6 miles
- Fort Howell - 3.1 miles
- Fish Haul Creek Park - 3.3 miles
- Fort Mitchel - 4.1 miles
- Coligny Park - 4.2 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 2.4 miles