- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Hospital Contact
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyHILTON HEAD ISLAND. This pretty Palmetto Dunes home is just a brief walk to the beach.
9 steps lead to the entrance of this lagoon-side residence. Off the entrance is a generous living area with high ceilings, a couch, three chairs, flat screen HDTV (everywhere the entire home), DVD, and a audio system with a CD player. Off this room is a huge wrap around outdoor space with 3 tables that seat 8 total overlooking a excellent pool and lagoon. The COMPLETELY RENOVATED kitchen comes entirely supplied with stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, and a breakfast table for six. More formal dining is available off the living area at an polished table that seats eight with access to the outdoor space.
The master suite has a king bed, flat screen TV, walk-in closet, and a private bath with a jetted tub and separate shower. The second bedroom has a king bed, flat screen TV and private bath with tub/shower combo. The third bedroom has a queen bed, flat screen TV and shares a bath with hallway off the kitchen.
Twelve steps lead up a spiral staircase to the 2nd floor. The fourth bedroom has a queen bed with a flat screen TV, and private bath with standing shower. The fifth bedroom includes a twin bed and a set of bunk beds with flat screen TV and a private bath with shower.
The pool area is eight steps down from the outdoor space and has four lounge chairs with a private dock and great lagoon vistas.
This home is just a brief walk to the Fazio Golf Course and Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, and a 7 min. walk to the handsome beaches of Palmetto Dunes.
*The pool can be heated upon request for an additional fee.
*Free shuttle service through Palmetto Dunes Buggy available April through September.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property owners and vacation rental houses provide Hilton Head area traveller discount magazines which feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by merchants, or via a relationship between the management company and the store itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Are the travel dates changeable? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top prices.
- A number of management companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Armed forces, or repeat visitors to the same rental. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular types of visitors. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to music venues. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance along with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to learn just how many vacation rentals are available in Hilton Head. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide easy operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
We have developed a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental experience.
Finding and reserving the right rental home:
Before you start to book "Beautiful Palmetto Dunes home - just a short walk to the beach!", review our short collection of things to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Hilton Head vacation homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental..
Select a Village and Time
Consensus can be complicated among loved ones, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
Pick a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Most rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Will the chosen rental suit your budget during that prime Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before reserving an expensive rental property. Typically, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and collecting each family member's share.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is your group looking for? Do you want a vacation property with patio kitchen? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are sheets included with the rental, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of "necessities and wants" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Appropriate access could make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation rental postings include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your companion! Animals are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but guidelines can vary. Read your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Start your Search
Many internet resources exist to match guests with rental home owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Hilton Head local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies frequently have a unique assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your best chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
Read through the full contract and make certain you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each property. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers relief should tragedy strike.
Book your Rental
Once you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage immediately after you arrive. We also recommend immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any repairs.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many head aches.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Local people should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental property to confirm you've collected all personal belongings.
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred during your remain. Whenever you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites permit renters to offer reviews. If your rental home and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your compliments. If something was unacceptable and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you will want to note that as part of your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Did everybody have a great time? We hope this guide steered you to a terrific rental home. Otherwise, you've gained valuable experience that can help with another search.
- Coligny Park - 2.3 miles
- Driessen Beach Park - 2.8 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 3.1 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.4 miles
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve - 4.1 miles
- Lawton Stables - 4.4 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 4.4 miles