- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fitness Room/Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Ice Maker
- Indoor Pool
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyNEW: More Relaxed Cancellation Policy Until May 1, 2021:
> Rent Any Stay with 25% Deposit
> Final Payment Not Due until 21 Days Prior to Arrival
> May Cancel Up To 14 Days Prior to Arrival for stays up to 10 days with Only 10% Cancellation Fee
Stays Longer than 10 days follow our standard cancellation policy.
> If Covid19 travel restrictions return to Hilton Head 100% refund less Resort and Reservation Fees
> Resort and Reservation Fees Are Non-Refundable
For Hilton Head, face masks are mandatory inside all commercial spaces. Our beaches, pools, eateries, and most attractions are all here to welcome you! Come take a much-needed break! You will be glad you did! Rent with Confidence! We are a 15yr old highly respected company with a reputation for exceptional service and precisely the best units. We have taken considerable precautionary measures against virus spread with your safety in mind.
3426 Villamare Villas in Palmetto Dunes
>Both BathroomsTotally Updated
>2 Bedroom 2 Bath
> King, 2 Queens and Queen Sleeper Couch
>Indoor and Outdoor Oceanfront Pools
>Centrally located in Palmetto Dunes
Welcome to 3426 Villamare. The new owners have put a lot of time into making sure you have the very most exemplary in accommodations for your Hilton Head Island holiday. An all new kitchen including stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and new cabinetry filled with every comforts you can imagine in a kitchen. Brand new refreshed spa like bathrooms. All new heavenly happiness beds will make your stay even more appealing and rejuvenating! New black out curtains so you can sleep in! An all new pull out couch, wood floors and so much more! You will be very pleased with your accommodations at 3426 Villamare.
Villamare includes a heated (3/15 - 5/1 & 10/15 - 12/1) sea front pool, hot tub & kiddie pool as well as an INDOOR HEATED pool (the only complex in PD to offer this feature), hot tub and COMPLETE FITNESS CENTER (16 and older) open year round. The center offers treadmills, elliptical machines, bicycles, complimentary weights and strength training circuit equipment. Also as of 2019 there is an referbished grilling area (near the pool) with 4 new propane grilles for your use..Villamare is located in the heart of Palmetto Dunes Resort where everything like the General Store, the Professional Tennis Center and 2 golf clubhouses are all within walking distance.
Palmetto Dunes consists of 3 golf courses, 3 miles of pretty beach unit, bicycle trails, a marina with stores and eateries, an in-resort complimentary shuttle to take you wherever you want to go. There is also the brand new Shelter Cove Towne Center with all types of stores, eateries, a major grocery store and a linear park where they hold many festivals all through the year.
>All Reservations Subject to Review Prior to Full Commitment
>All Reservations Subject to Applicable Local and State Sales Tax. Resort, Cleaning and Reservation Fee Added to All Bookings. You may Save the Reservation Fee by Paying By Check. CC Required for All Bookings
>25% Deposit Required to Reserve
>Any Promotional Advertising Subject to Terms and Conditions
>Must be 25yrs or Older to Rent
>Summer Season, Memorial Day to Labor Day, Seven Nights / Saturday-Saturday Required
>No Family Animals Accepted
>All Linens and Starter Soaps and Bath Tissues Supplied, Please Come with Beach Towels
>The complex does not accept for grilles on the balconies but you do have access to grilles on the grounds for you to use.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most tourism bureaus offer guides with special deals for vacation rentals, dining and activities. Keep an eye out for these magazines and coupon books, since this allows vacation goers to take advantage of the very same terrific attractions with a frequently significantly discounted.
- Are your trip dates flexible? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some vacation rental companies provide price reductions to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some vacation rentals are basically designed to serve particular clients, whether it's soundside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. If there's a specific Hilton Head atteaction you simply love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their customers the option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed as a consequence of personal health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to learn just how many vacation rentals are available in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all rentals in Hilton Head are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental home, management companies are instrumental in assisting guests with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping services, and any routine maintenance issues that may arise.
Below are great tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental home search and booking process.
Finding and booking the best rental home:
Do you think "Sanitized for Your Safety - 3426 Villamare is an Exceptional Villa in Palmetto Dunes - Brand New Spa Like Bathrooms!" is the best rental for your upcoming getaway? Read through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Hilton Head vacation homes are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental home..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Consensus can be difficult among members of the family, but as soon as this tricky part is complete everything will quickly fall in place.
Select a Size
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what particular bedroom setup you will need. Be mindful that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the family. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Decide on Your Budget
Does your preferred rental home suit your budget during that popular Summer week? If many individuals or families are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be in charge of the full reservation.
What amenities is the group looking for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are bed sheets included with the rental agreement, or will you need to take your own? Gather a list of "needs and desires" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Accessibility and Special Issues
In some cases the elder generation has trouble with stairways. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other people in the party traveling with a pup? Pets are welcome at many vacation rentals, but guidelines differ. Be sure you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Start the Search
When the area, dates and people are decided, search multiple resources for the very best vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Hilton Head local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local property management companies take pride in a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read through the Total Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation rental management companies and rental owners typically offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you reassurance should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Property
After you believe you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To make certain no damages are attributed to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. If you discover problems, or if repairs are needed contact the home manager immediately.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, condo access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call avoids many complications.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Many times, nearby properties are lived in by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation considerably more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Tidy up a little bit. Although you're spending money on a cleaning fee, The vacation rental should really be in sound condition. Sinks filled with dishes, surplus beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be remedied before you leave.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make certain no property damage occurred during your stay. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental? Just about all rental home management companies and rental websites allow renters to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but straightforward regarding your rental experience. The best owners and managers will work hard to solve the problem.
Use Your Experience
Did they like the rental? With some luck everything was ideal and you are excited to re-book the same property for your next vacation. If the rental home was not quite right, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next trip.
- Coligny Park - 2.4 miles
- Driessen Beach Park - 2.7 miles
- Folly Field Beach Park - 3.1 miles
- Coastal Discovery Museum - 3.5 miles
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve - 4.2 miles
- Lawton Stables - 4.5 miles
- Hilton Head Arport - 4.4 miles