- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Outdoor Lighting
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWelcome to the NEW BESTNEST at 126 Lawton Villas in Sea Pines. Here’s the skinny—just buzz us for more details: Our advertised costs are our very peerless prices and calendar shows real time availability. We encourage you to rent online!
Covid19 Message: While our housekeeping has always been fastidious, we are taking additional precautions, using CDC approved products, and treating both hard and soft surfaces prior to your arrival. CURRENT CANCELLATION POLICY AMENDED: Should the SC Governor restrict travel of emergency or close beaches, or your state restrict travel, you will be offered YOUR CHOICE of a full refund or date change (which may at same, higher, or lower rate).
Beach and pool are open!
• Super chic, 2 BR/2 BA villa with sweeping golf and lagoon view.
• Thoroughly modernized and freshly furbished 2019.
• Sleeping includes 2 kings - ideal for 2 couples.
• Each bedroom has en suite bath.
• Open living/dining/kitchen/den opening to serene patio with gas grille.
• Villa pool just steps out the front door, across the parking area.
• Password protected WiFi and enhanced Spectrum cable.
• Free Netflix on 4 LED T.V.s.
• All new appliances—even laundry is a wind with new, full size washer and dryer.
What’s in a BESTNEST:
• Our hallmark? CLEANLINESS! Yes, we’re shouting it out and so are our visitors- just read our reviews.
• Linens: Ahhhhh, yes! Thoroughly calming, all cotton bed and bath linens including additional blankets and tidy and inviting sleeping pillows, and tidy kitchen linens.
• Always supplied in every BESTNEST in quantity for your stay: beach chairs/umbrellas/sand toys/beach cart, beach towels, a supremely supplied kitchen (in quality and quantity), hand soap, dish soap, kitchen sponges, trash bags, paper towels, tissues and toilet paper, Neutrogena make up remover wipes, swabs and cotton balls, your favorite hair dryer ever, fragrance complimentary laundry soap and dryer sheets, ziploc bags, coffee filters and sweeteners, cleaning supplies, loads of quality coat and skirt hangers, and a few surprises.
• Always courteous, knowledgeable, and professional, 24/7 guest service.
• Allow us to amaze you, again and again.
HOW FAR TO BEACH: A fast walk around Lawton Drive and to the beach- about 10-12 mins. walk or 5 min. bicycle ride. Or drive Tupelo to Greenwood Drive and catch the exclusive Beach trolley (about 2 min by car), which operates seasonally—please read on:
BEACH CLUB ACCESS/PARKING Onsite parking AT the Beach Club is allowed for all overnight visitors, Labor Day-mid March. From Mid March through end of summer, special Beach Trolleys transport visitors from various parking spots within Sea Pines to the Beach Club. Closest Beach Trolley location is at Greenwood Drive and Willow Oak, near the beginning of Tupelo Road and a mere 2 mins. by car from 26 Tupleo. DAY AFTER LABOR DAY THROUGH MARCH, EVERYONE MAY PARK AT THE BEACH CLUB.
PAYMENTS: 50% due upon renting. Full amount due at 60 days prior to arrival. Long term winter reservations policy differs- please inquire.
CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations made 90 days or more before arrival-full refund less 10% of amount paid. Cancellations 89-45 days prior to arrival forfeit 60% of amount paid. Cancellations 44 or fewer days prior to arrival forfeit total amount paid. Travel insurance is always highly recommended. THIS POLICY SUPERSEDES HOMEAWAY/Vacation Rental By Owner.
ABOUT US: We are proud to have developed a niche concept in holiday units on Hilton Head Island: Each and every BESTNEST is outfitted and supplied to exactly the same high standard, no matter the address. Nothing rather compares to a BESTNEST.
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many established tourism bureaus supply promotional tourism guides with deals for accommodations, dining and attractions. Keep an eye out for these guides and coupon books, as this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same attractions with a quite often substantial discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your dates? Shoulder seasons provide outstanding discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get discounted rates. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a reduction.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular types of travellers. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to music venues. You'll get the best value from a home that most directly suits your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners often offer customers the chance to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a result of health emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to learn the number of rental properties are located in their area of interest. With such a big selection, renters are certain to select a property that suits their expectations and price range.
The majority of rental homes in Hilton Head are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and expertise to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
We have constructed a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental home experience.
Where to find and reserve the right rental property:
Do you believe "126 Lawton Villas: A "New" BESTNEST by Beverly Serral" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming family vacation? Browse through this guide to make sure it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Like many desirable hot spots, In Hilton Head the best rental properties are booked early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for groups to plan their Summer trips..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Agreement can be tough among family members, but as soon as this complicated part is complete everything will quickly fall in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
How many family members are joining your trip? Keep in mind that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for the family. Most rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Does your chosen rental home fit your budget during that popular Summer week? Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving a pricey rental home. One individual in your party will have to be given the task of collecting payments and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental price at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family looking for? Is a pool reallynecessary?Do you want a rental with patio dining area? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Does the rental have bicycles and body boards available throughout your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Do people in your crew have specialized needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, include that into your search. Almost all vacation home listings will include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure you include your pets. While quite a few vacation rentals allow canine companions, rules and charges fluctuate per property. A number of constraints could eliminate a prospective rental. Examine your agreement carefully! Extra fees may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
When the area, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Hilton Head local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies generally have an exclusive selection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental home has everything that you need. If lacking, the property management company may know of similar homes that suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Read the Total Agreement
Read the whole contract and make certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers reassurance should tragedy strike.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure that you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also recommend immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any critical fixes. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be very helpful.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, decks, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Many vacation rental management companies and rental home sites allow renters to offer feedback. If the rental home and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point in your feedback.
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Did they like the rental home? If everything was wonderful, next year's vacation planning is going to be easy. If not, you've acquired useful experience that can help with your next search.